| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|26th April 2014, 08:30||#16|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Apr 2011
Thanked: 1,477 Times
Nice thread. I've had many incidents in last 1 year.
1. Started with LG. Our 1 and half year refrigerator had stopped cooling sometime in September 2012. The technician came and checked, said gas has leaked and left saying that he'll get back to us. After a week, I again checked with him and he said that he has informed the company and will inform me once issue is resolved. I called up their helpline and blasted them. Then went to the dealer to take another fridge as food was getting spoilt. Dealer tried to put blame on us for the fault in fridge so blasted him also, which made him commit that the company people had told him that the fridge had manufacturing defect. A few months later, LG sent a cheque of the amount of fridge.
2. Sony : My 2 year old 40inch LCD started flickering so asked for a service center chap to check. He said panel is gone, and will cost 24k for replacement!! I asked them to send my TV back and sent a polite feedback on their Facebook page. Within 2 days, I got a call from Kolkata regional office and after talking to me, the regional head said that she'll get it done for 6.5k and sent a mail to me and service center. Service center was reluctant to take my TV back for repairs but then I had to threaten them with calling higher ups. After about 2 weeks, I was asked to pay the amount and take a replacement LED TV as the part of my LCD was not in store. So another happy ending.
3. This time was Indigo airlines. I had booked return journey tickets for my parents after the airline announced sale. But next day when I checked on their website, the same sector prices had dropped down by 4.5k! I shot off my query to them on Twitter and after getting in touch with me, they reissued a new ticket and refunded extra amount in my bank account after profusely apologizing.
4. Just this month, Voltas has replaced my split AC's indoor unit after it leaked gas in 2 years time. The cooling coil was defective so I had to pay for it.
5. I'm in process of getting a replacement for a defective MotoG sent by Flipkart. They have despatched a replacement.
I have had issues with Airtel, BSNL and even many other companies. Best is to write to them in a politely demeaning way and they start working properly.
|26th April 2014, 08:56||#17|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2011
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Re: True stories on Consumer Action
Lol - nice thread. I could go on and on with the negative scenarios, but I'll stick to the positive ones now.
2010 : Reliance Broadband
We had an active broadband connection for 4+ months in Bangalore. While we were shifting jobs to Mumbai, we went through the proper disconnection process and paid off our dues. As a part of the contract, the modem had to be returned and we repeatedly made several requests over a 2 week period to CC for the pickup but it never happened.
Also the billing never stopped; despite several calls and emails to Reliance CC. Finally as a last resort, a mail was shot to the CEO's office and within hours we got a call back asking for our address (for the equipment pickup) and a firm voice at the other end confirming that our existing dues were cleared.
2013 : Flipkart
Ordered a Lumia 925 from Flipkart, got the piece within 2 working days in perfect condition. After a week of usage, the earphone jack stopped working. The earphones were completely fine, so the unit had the issue. Dropped off a mail to Flipkart, got a CC call within hours. Explained the situation to them, they calmly heard me and confirmed to me that a replacement would be sent within 3-4 working days. And the next day, the replacement piece was shipped, no questions asked.
On a whim, I applied the Microsoft Windows' logic and restarted the phone. The problem was solved By then the replacement had reached Pune, and the courier guy called me up. Made a quick call to CC to cancel the replacement, clarified the same to the courier guy and all was sundry again!
P.s. Excellent customer service, by Flipkart
2014 : Snapdeal
The lady had ordered a el-cheapo, basic model toaster from Snapdeal, and it came broken. A tweet, and a few calls with CC later, the original piece had to be courierd back, and then a replacement was shipped immediately.
Guess what, the second unit was broken too, at the same place as the original one. Sent a stinker mail to CC, a few tweets again, and we got a few calls from CC again. We had decided to ask for refunds, but they pleaded with us to give them a chance again. So we agreed.
The third unit was shipped and voila, broken again! This time we went through their website, found their CEO's id and shot them a stinker mail with all the details. Got an apolegetic call stating that the payment would be refunded, and they would also ship a new toaster for free.
Wonders of wonders, the fourth unit finally arrived. Broken again. Refund has been cleared. But we are now seriously wondering what to do
|26th April 2014, 13:22||#18|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Dec 2012
Thanked: 4,608 Times
Re: True stories on Consumer Action
Exchanged a few mails and some phone calls. The shipment was picked up and finally the correct product shipped back.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|ARTICLE: Seat Belts Saved My Life! True Stories & Pictures from BHPians||Rehaan||On owning a car||264||14th August 2017 07:10|
|Stories Behind the Car names.||ac 427||The International Automotive Scene||52||2nd January 2014 10:34|