Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 11th March 2009, 16:16   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
Hi all,
btw, in these times of recession, if anyone loses his / her job and is out of a job for 2 months or more, they can apply for a refund of their PF moneys. Here too your old company can help in the process. Once an application has been made the refund must come in 60 days else the PF Commissioner's salary will be with-held.
Cheers.
You are right, what I also wanted to know understand is "can you get the money from the PF office, even you join a different company in those 2 months"?

If not, then my question is : How would the PF office come to know that I have joined else where.

Appreciate your reply
crn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 16:36   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
Once an application has been made the refund must come in 60 days else the PF Commissioner's salary will be with-held.
IMHO it does not work that way.
The Commissioner is a "Government" servant.
His salary can't be withheld for such "simple" things.
Gautam Misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2009, 17:42   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hat I also wanted to know understand is "can you get the money from the PF office, even you join a different company in those 2 months"?
The PF withdrawal form has two options one is where you provide you savings account details so that all te money would be deposited there (thats what I did) or provide new PF account number where the amount will be tarnsefered.

So in case of first option it doesnt matter whether you have left the new company or not.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 08:05   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
You are right, what I also wanted to know understand is "can you get the money from the PF office, even you join a different company in those 2 months"?

If not, then my question is : How would the PF office come to know that I have joined else where.

Appreciate your reply
Hi,

No, if you have joined another company within those two months, you cannot withdraw the PF funds. I guess they will check against their database for new employees joining other companies in those two months. It may be possible to do so if you are joining another employer in another state; I doubt that their database extends across states.

It is also generally not a good idea to withdraw PF funds since this forms part of your retirement funds. Lying with you, they are more likely to be used for other purposes and when you are of retirement age, there will be no free funds to support you (it will have either been spent or be part of the house that you purchased which you are then living in and cannot sell). Just make sure that you get it transferred to your current company each time and follow up with your current company to ensure that this is done.

Also I read elsewhere in the thread that TCS PF Trust is a private trust. It doesnt matter. They are also required to report into the PF Commissioner in the state. You can do the following :

Write a letter addressed to the Chairman of the Company and cc : the Chairman of the Board of Trustees and the PF Commissioner and the Registrar of Trusts in the state that your PF moneys have been with-held. As has been mentioned before in this thread PF funds cannot be garnished (with-held) for any reason. Send out these letters by Registered post and retain the acknowledgements.

If enough letters reach the PF Commissioner re. PF funds not being properly administered by the trustees, he will be forced to have the entire trust closed and the funds transferred to his office.

Cheers.
Wheeliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 15:30   #65
Senior - BHPian

I used to work for a Bombay-based company 10 years back. They had a govt PF account. After this job, I went to the US, so never filled up the PF withdrawal/transfer form then.

Now, this company no longer exists. So I want to know how do I go about withdrawing money from this PF account.

Also are there any PF Agents who can help me with this?
carboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 15:55   #66
BHPian

I used to work for a company 4 years back where the PF amount used to get credited to PF account, say X. I apply for a transfer when I joined the new company. The new company credits the PF to another PF account, say Y. I have not checked till date whether the transfer has taken place.

1. What happens to the balance in the account X if not transfered?
2. Not sure if the same PF account number is retained if the transfer takes place. If the transfer has taken place, will the balance in X be 0? If balance in X is not 0, can one conclude that the transfer has not taken place?
3. How do I check the balance(s) in the Bengaluru PF office at Raja Ram Mohan Roy road ? What procedure needs to be followed?
AltoLXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 17:50   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
1. What happens to the balance in the account X if not transfered?
The amount stays on and the interest gets added till the withdrawal or transfer happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
2. Not sure if the same PF account number is retained if the transfer takes place. If the transfer has taken place, will the balance in X be 0? If balance in X is not 0, can one conclude that the transfer has not taken place?
You will get anew PF account number and the amount from your old PF account will be transferred. If the balance in X is not 0 the transfer has not taken place. You can check through your previous employer on the status of the transfer.
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 16:02   #68
BHPian

Default Re: Can a Company Deny PF payment after leaving Service?

Hi Guys. I needed guidance/advice from you. I have a typical situation:

1. I worked with Company A based in Ahmedabad in 2002 and I had a PF account.

2. I worked with Company B based in Hyderabad from 2003 to 2005 and I had a PF account. But i already withdrew PF money after leaving the company.

3. I worked with Company C based in Gurgaon from 2005 to 2007 and I had a PF account.

4. I worked with Company D based in Bangalore from 2007 to 2008 and I had a PF account.

5. I worked with Company E based in Bangalore from 2008 to 2009 and I had a PF account.

6. I worked with Company F based in Bangalore from 2009 to 2011 and i did not have a PF account (being a start up company).

Now I joined Company G which is my current employer and i have a PF account again. My query was i need to transfer my PF money from company A, C, D, E and link it to PF account of Company G with which I am working now. I am aware that we can send Form 13 and all to respective companies but i also believe its a tedious procedure. If some can guide me on on any agency who can take care of this process on my behalf i will be really thankful.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by lazybrain : 1st June 2011 at 16:04.
lazybrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 16:26   #69
Senior - BHPian

Red face Re: Can a Company Deny PF payment after leaving Service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
I am aware that we can send Form 13 and all to respective companies but i also believe its a tedious procedure. If some can guide me on on any agency who can take care of this process on my behalf i will be really thankful.
You could have saved the tedious process had you done soem homework by having just one PF account and getting it transferred instead of creating a diffferent PF account everytime you switched jobs. May be you can contact some agent at the PF office and enquire if the process can be done faster, other than I dont think so there are any agencies who do this. If you find one please let us know too.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 16:52   #70
BHPian

lazybrain,

The easy way out in your situation is to withdraw all previous PFs. If you get into transfer, you will end up having lot of trouble!
Figopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 17:19   #71
Senior - BHPian

Lazybrain, I suggest, you withdraw the PF from all previous companies. It would be a tedious task to transfer the PF to the current account. Remember, you would have had different A/C #'s for all the previous PF's.
Best way, is to go to the nearest PF office and get the withdrawl process started.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 21:10   #72
BHPian

Thanks guys for your comments. One more Noob question: @Swanand Inamdar - you said go to the nearest PF office. Now i stay in Bangalore. Does this mean i can go to the nearest PF office here and start the withdrawal process for PF money in Ahmedabad and Gurgaon? Is it possible - Please advice
lazybrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 00:45   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
you done soem homework by having just one PF account and getting it transferred instead of creating a diffferent PF account everytime you switched jobs.
That is not possible if jobs are in different cities (different PF offices). When you join a new company, a new PF account is created in first payroll. Merging of older PF account with this one takes 6 months to an year.

New company can not credit PF in old account since that would be in a different PF office.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 09:28   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Does this mean i can go to the nearest PF office here and start the withdrawal process for PF money in Ahmedabad and Gurgaon? Is it possible - Please advice
IIRC, thats not possible. What he meant was to get the PF withdrwal form is available from nearest PF office (for free, which you can also download from PF site), which you must fill, get signature of HR of each companies, submit in individual PF office. I hope you remember all the PF numbers! Also I hope you had a clean exit, and HR's of your old companies are cooperative! Do all communication on Register post with acknowledgment only. Use Indian Postal while communicating with PF office. usually PF office have indifferent attitude if any communication is done via Courier!
RaguHolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 09:50   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys. I needed guidance/advice from you. I have a typical situation:

1. I worked with Company A based in Ahmedabad in 2002 and I had a PF account.

2. I worked with Company B based in Hyderabad from 2003 to 2005 and I had a PF account. But i already withdrew PF money after leaving the company.

3. I worked with Company C based in Gurgaon from 2005 to 2007 and I had a PF account.

4. I worked with Company D based in Bangalore from 2007 to 2008 and I had a PF account.

5. I worked with Company E based in Bangalore from 2008 to 2009 and I had a PF account.

6. I worked with Company F based in Bangalore from 2009 to 2011 and i did not have a PF account (being a start up company).

Now I joined Company G which is my current employer and i have a PF account again. My query was i need to transfer my PF money from company A, C, D, E and link it to PF account of Company G with which I am working now. I am aware that we can send Form 13 and all to respective companies but i also believe its a tedious procedure. If some can guide me on on any agency who can take care of this process on my behalf i will be really thankful.

Thanks for your help!
Quote:
Thanks guys for your comments. One more Noob question: @Swanand Inamdar - you said go to the nearest PF office. Now i stay in Bangalore. Does this mean i can go to the nearest PF office here and start the withdrawal process for PF money in Ahmedabad and Gurgaon? Is it possible - Please advice
Multiple transfers won't work because you are actually supposed to transfer the PF account from different companies on switching of jobs. The aim is to have a single PF account for each individual. That said, most people try to withdraw PF within 3 years of continuous service (post 3 years it gets locked in till you are 55).

The withdrawal of PF should however be a relatively hassle free process for you. What you need to do is send a filled form-19, and a canceled cheque to each of the respective HRDs of the companies. The PF money should be in your bank account after 90 days (maximum). The onus of withdrawing the PF would in this case lie on the company HR.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need additional clarifications.
lordavenger is offline   Reply With Quote