Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 12th March 2009, 20:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
But since I have prior experience with his previous thread where he had written stuff without any coherence, I ignored it.
So did I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I think the guys who misread this post by just reading the title need to read a little better. Obviously this member has written this post in his hour of grief. The nay-sayers, do you have pets - any of you?

So either you have never owned a pet and thus do not know what this member is going through, or you do own one, but are so insensitive to life that you are not really bothered.
On the contrary, I think it will be an eye opener for Vinay once he has his own (biological) son, to understand what it means having a son in pain.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 21:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My girlfriend lost her boxer last week in very similar circumstances - with a kidney failure, low renal count,
Give them the best water you can afford and Kidneys should last their lifetime.
After all, kidneys are nothing but natural water filters. Reduce the strain on the kidney (of filtering water) and they would last longer.
This is my philosophy for people and should apply for dogs as well
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 22:20   #33
BHPian

I feel for your dog Vinay. See if it is possible to get a kidney transplant.
My prayers for Bilu
motorheadinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2009, 19:55   #34
BHPian

On 12th Feb, I was searching for something on internet, I was able to find a herbal medicine for renal issue. Luckily my brother-in-law was in Seattle, checked if anyone is coming from his company to Bangalore or Chennai, initially he thought I was checking with him for getting spring or cam shaft but when I told it was for medicine, he told not to wait for any traveler and shipped it with a 2nd business day delivery from Fedex. Gave him the details about the Five Leaf Pet Pharmacy - Natural Healing Programs for your Canine Companion - Home and within 5 minutes the order was placed and got the order number and the tracking number.

This being an herbal medicine we donít have it in India, even though we have lots of herbs in India.
vinayvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 16:27   #35
BHPian

On 7th of March, I got the dialysis pipe remove from Bilu and have started feeding him the medicine that was imported from US. Before giving him the medicine took Drís suggestion, he told he had read about this product and had even suggested for one of his Clint, but they did not show interest to that. Bilu has started having food normally and he is doing well. Thank you for all your blessings guys.
Old 16th March 2009, 18:39   #36
Senior - BHPian

Ah a good note to end my day on.

Hope he gets back to his usual health.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 18:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

Thats some good news Vinay. I really get depressed when I see a pet unwell post or thread. But I'm happy to hear he is responding to the treatment. I wish him a speedy recovery. Take care and hang in there.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 03:51   #38
BHPian

Another day in this year which left an unforgettable mark in my life, today morning @ 9:15 my boy went on permanent sleep. Had taken him to vet on Saturday for general check up and had give blood samples for testing, after I left home to collect his report today morning @8:45, he took permanent sleep in my mom care.
Old 19th May 2009, 05:07   #39
BHPian

Really Sorry to hear about your loss,there are always a certain limitations to what we can do to keep our loved ones with us.
muneemmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 07:56   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hey man! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Take care Vinay!
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 09:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

I am sincerely sorry I didnt see this. I lost my beautiful Weimaraner Tina exactly the same way in 2007 December. She was just 5 years old.

FOR ALL YOU PET FRIENDLY PEOPLE - PLease Note for RENAL Failure - there are several stages. CHRONIC is BAD, ACUTE is TERRIBLE.
This condition can only be found out when nearly 80% of the functions are down.
Can only be prevented by ensuring the dog drinks plenty of water all the time from his/her early childhood.

Now, There is only ONE known cure at this time - it is a Drug called AZODYL - made by a company in the US. It is not available anywhere else - even in the UK so far.
This induces a NATURAL DIALYSIS in ANIMALS. However, it is a very expensive drug and one needs to give large dogs (20 Kg and above in weight) - about 3 tablets/ capsules per day.

I had got my friends to import 6 bottles of azodyl from the US for my Tina but before the medicine arrived, she had passed away. Was keeping her on drip for ten days - morning, afternoon and evening. But to no avail.

I hope this helps you guys out there and Im really sorry I never saw this thread before. And VINAY - my sincere condolences to you. I know how horrible this feels. Im sorry.

All the best.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 10:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

Really sorry to hear about you loss Vinay. I know how it feels, have gone through the same sorrow. May his soul rest in peace.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 10:11   #43
BHPian

I'm really sorry to hear that Vinay.

I lost my Scooby (a Basset Hound) but out of old age. He survived for a good 14.5 years and was only in pain just the last 2 days. May his soul RIP.

This happened almost 1.5 year back and I'm still not able to replace Scooby with another dog...
Digital Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 11:07   #44
Senior - BHPian

Oh Vinay, i am so sorry to hear this. RIP Bilu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Can only be prevented by ensuring the dog drinks plenty of water all the time from his/her early childhood.
Yes this is neglected by a lot of people. And please ensure its clean water. The same water you drink from a clean vessel.

Since the pets feeding dishes are mostly placed on the ground its gets
dirty very easily.

Make it a point to clean the vessel and the water each time the pet has had a drink from it.

I know its troublesome but for all the love given in return its a very very small irritant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
This happened almost 1.5 year back and I'm still not able to replace Scooby with another dog...
2 years on and i still cant get over it. The feeding dish and the chain are still in the same place that they used to be.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 11:54   #45
BHPian

Sorry to hear this Vinay. May Magu Bilu rest in peace.
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote