Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 9th May 2005, 23:22   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
don't mind me saying this but you watch way too many old hindi movies

hehehe, no actually the first thing that struck me after reading cheatingdeaths post....was that Punch line! :d
jigarmuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2005, 23:45   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Luckily I have never had a crash in my car with a pedestrian or a two-wheeler.

Butttttttttttt stepping out of the car and getting physical is just a WASTE of resources:

1. The person who banged into you surely didnt do it intentionally.
2. You raising your hand on the other person is not going to get your car back in shape.
3. Chances are - neither will you get any money.

If its not major, I just drive away and let the insurance boys do the running around. My time and patience is way too valuable to get out and street fight. I seriously laugh when I see an idiot pull another chap over for "cutting" him and then getting into fisticuffs.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 00:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

But GTO,
you use the CLASSIC most of the time and no one will ever come in your way.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 01:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

thats one good thing. in a country like ours you need a big strong car.you have that and no one will come close to you.thats why thinking of changing my mind and getting a jeep instead of a lancer.

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 08:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO

1. The person who banged into you surely didnt do it intentionally.

GTO
But i had one incident in which i strongly believe that the guy banged me intentianally and fell with his motercycle (while i was taking a U turn and he came from the gate of an apartment from the wrong side)..
The reason i think it was intentional that within seconds of his falling a big mid aged man comes running into me and says "Ye mera Dhobi ha.. Sharab pi kar gadi chala rahe ho naa..chalo police ke paas.. medical ke paise do isko"... and then within minutes a mob consisting of semiliterate and illeterate people try to encircle me!.. The way i escaped: i told them lets on argue in front of the Traffic signal, let me park my car to the side and then lets talk..!. and here I go! put the first gear and vrooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm (9+2=11)......
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 08:35   #36
BHPian

lucky escape for you dceite but many times the mob dont let you to escape whether it is your fault or no
kooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2005, 15:39   #37
BHPian

Another experience of mine....Was driving my esteem in chandigarh.......At a crossing, a zen came from the right side and hit the right side of the boot....the whole car shook badly....after hitting my car, the zen went and hit the pavement. I just slowed down a little to hear if there was any rattling noise but there was none. So i didn't even stop as i was going to meet my girl friend (Would have got a blasting if i had been late.. ). Once i reached her place, then only i got down to check the damage. It costed 7-8K and i had to give only 2-3k as rest was covered by insurance.
So guys...always keep ur cool...after all its just a piece of metal.

Last edited by Sush : 10th May 2005 at 15:40.
Sush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2005, 20:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

According to the traffic police this is what you should do

Accidents

The Driver must:

- Stop and extend help to the injured
- Offer medical assistance
- Inform Police Station and Insurance Co

If accident involves a vehicle carrying dangerous goods:

- Move everyone away
- Do not ignite inflammable goods or permit smoking
- Take emergency action as per information displayed on the vehicle

Hit & Run - Non Reporting of accidents
Failure to comply attracts criminal liability under Indian Penal Code 1896 and Motor Vehicle Act. 1988 leading to imprisonment and/or fine.

Call 100, 22625020, 24937755, 22621855 or call our HELP LINE 3040 3040 to give vehicle details.
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2005, 21:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

But what if you are surrounded and cannot get out of the car.
What do the cops say.
Also what should you do if you hit a car and the people in the car come and start beating you.
Keep in mind that there is some traffic.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2005, 21:13   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak

According to the traffic police this is what you should do

Accidents

The Driver must:

- Stop and extend help to the injured
- Offer medical assistance
- Inform Police Station and Insurance Co

If accident involves a vehicle carrying dangerous goods:

- Move everyone away
- Do not ignite inflammable goods or permit smoking
- Take emergency action as per information displayed on the vehicle

Hit & Run - Non Reporting of accidents
Failure to comply attracts criminal liability under Indian Penal Code 1896 and Motor Vehicle Act. 1988 leading to imprisonment and/or fine.

Call 100, 22625020, 24937755, 22621855 or call our HELP LINE 3040 3040 to give vehicle details.
saying all this is easy but when you are stuck up in the accident there is a huge mob and mostly the people come and beat you or they dont let you move from there whosoever fault it is the mob is going to blame you only.and if you are underage never ever drive before you get a licence coz if you are involved in such accident then your and your parents life becomes hell and if you run away then you are gone
p.s no offence meant

Last edited by kooldude : 15th May 2005 at 21:16.
Old 15th May 2005, 21:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
saying all this is easy but when you are stuck up in the accident there is a huge mob and mostly the people come and beat you or they dont let you move from there whosoever fault it is the mob is going to blame you only.and if you are underage never ever drive before you get a licence coz if you are involved in such accident then your and your parents life becomes hell and if you run away then you are gone
p.s no offence meant
None taken. I didnt say you have to do this. The traffic police did.

I guess the mob beats you up to ensure you dont run away. This guy who was in school with me was telling me about what happened to him. He was driving back home from a club in South Mumbai to his home in Lokhandwala and was completely drunk. He was speeding in his Ikon touching 120 when suddenly this old man-probably a beggar crosses the road. This guy drives over him and continues home. It was really late in the night and there was no mob or anything that would beat him up. This guy however drives on home without even checking on the man he ran over. He drops his friends off and drives home. The next day he told his pop about the incident and guess what his pop does. Paints the car a different colour so that his son is not harasses by the cops. The mob however does prevent some people who actually want to help from helping. However a majorityof people who are too afraid to face getting into trouble with the cops for an accident do just run off and if people didnt do anytihng would not even stop. Im not supporting the mob but just explaining what they probably must be thinking.
Old 15th May 2005, 21:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
But what if you are surrounded and cannot get out of the car.
What do the cops say.
Also what should you do if you hit a car and the people in the car come and start beating you.
Keep in mind that there is some traffic.
I saw somthing like this happen at Peddar Road. These two guys in a Brand new Black S Class were in the words of my friend "tanning the A$$ of a driver of a Zen who rammed into the rear of the car.It probably cost them a lakh out of their own pockets even after insurance pays for most of it.
Old 15th May 2005, 21:50   #43
BANNED

But even if its not your fault and a motorcycle purposely bangs you then you are at fault according to traffic police since they say the person who has the bigger vehicle is at fault only thing that can save you is that you have an L on the car
Montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2005, 21:52   #44
BHPian

ya khanak its true. but with mob or without mob if i bump or hit over someone i will definitely go for his aid and never run away like a coward because it will be going against humanity. anyways i am underage now and wont drive till i m 18 and get my legal licence
Old 30th May 2005, 18:43   #45
BHPian

Hey guys please tell can we ride a non geared bike like a kinetic when we are 16 coz thats what i heard!!
p.s i know its off topic sorry!
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote