Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 12:02   #61
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default

Saw " No Country for Old Men" Starring Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin.

A typical texas accented ( love this accent) movie which is more of a hunt for a single individual who steals some money and the hunter who happens to be the villain is heart of this movie. Fantastic acting by Javier Bardem as the hunter and this movie is in QT and Rodriquez style though it is made by the Coen Brothers ( who are incidentally famous only for comedies).

This is an academy award winning movie for best movie and best supporting actor ( Javier). It's certainly worth a watch

3.5/5
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 13:35   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
mithun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cochin
Posts: 1,941
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Seen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_(film)

Little bit difficult to digest !

Rating : 4/5
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 14:11   #63
BHPian
 
Rocky_Balboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Namma Bengalooru
Posts: 580
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Anyone seen watchmen yet?! I am waiting (actually dying) for it to release here in India.
Thanks for your inputs Nitrous, waiting for 'Yaavarum Nalam' version to be released in a theatre in Bangalore.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 14:48   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,214
Thanked: 533 Times
Default

Saw Speed Racer again last night. The visual effects are awesome in that movie. Must watch if you love car racing.
Rating- 4.5/5
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 15:38   #65
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 7,972
Thanked: 3,390 Times
Default

You dont mess with the Zohan

This one is a rib tickler for sure. Adam Sandler proves his versatility playing Zohan an anti-terrorist from Israel, who is fed up of all the violence and fighting that has plagued Israel and Palestine. He gives it all up to become a hair dresser in the US with his own characteristic style.

The stunts in the movie make you wonder if you stumbled into a Rajini movie by mistake, but make no mistake, Zohan it is. Quite a bit of scenes are non-family friendly, and thats needs to be considered when watching this movie.

Bennyboy Rating : ***1/2
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 16:11   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,854
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
You dont mess with the Zohan

This one is a rib tickler for sure. Adam Sandler proves his versatility playing Zohan an anti-terrorist from Israel, who is fed up of all the violence and fighting that has plagued Israel and Palestine. He gives it all up to become a hair dresser in the US with his own characteristic style...
This is really one hell of a movie! But would suggest the kids (children) be kept out!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 12th March 2009 at 16:22.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 17:00   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Saw " No Country for Old Men" ... Javier Bardem ...

... the hunter who happens to be the villain is heart of this movie. Fantastic acting by Javier Bardem as the hunter ...
That guy is simply the best! Watch him in Vicki Cristina Barcelona and you wouldn't believe this is the same guy who played Anton Chigurrh in NCOM. He would even have made a better Terminator than Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Did you mean the Identity starring John Cusack, Ray Liotta and Amanda Peet? The one where all the hell breaks loose in a Motel? I really liked that movie.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 17:03   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,214
Thanked: 533 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
This is really one hell of a movie! But would suggest the kids (children) be kept out!
+1. Also you cant watch it with family. Complete entertainer.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 19:57   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Anyone seen watchmen yet?! I am waiting (actually dying) for it to release here in India.
Thanks for your inputs Nitrous, waiting for 'Yaavarum Nalam' version to be released in a theatre in Bangalore.
Waiting for it myself. Should be awesome, considering the reviews it's getting outside India.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 21:57   #70
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
That guy is simply the best! Watch him in Vicki Cristina Barcelona and you wouldn't believe this is the same guy who played Anton Chigurrh in NCOM. He would even have made a better Terminator than Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Yeah, what a nerve chilling stare and dialogue delivery, i was totally impressed. Super that you even remember the character name

I will have to dig out the movie you mentioned? Hope it's a thriller too?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 22:24   #71
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,664
Thanked: 6,100 Times
Default

saw valkyrie. really didnt find it too great. after watching things like prison break i expect even tiny details of any plot to be shown.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 12:46   #72
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default

Has anyone seen " The Hitcher-2, I been waiting". Any reviews or comments for the same?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 12:50   #73
BHPian
 
anurag_p80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 313
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I will have to dig out the movie you mentioned? Hope it's a thriller too?
Nope Vicki Cristina is a drama, a Woody Allen movie. Watch out for the chemistry between Scarlett Johansson and Penelope Cruz
anurag_p80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 13:20   #74
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
...I will have to dig out the movie you mentioned? Hope it's a thriller too?
Actually, Vicki Cristina Barcelona is a romance-drama. And Bardem plays an Artist living in the Now, who is very much in touch with his sensual side. And a lucky guy (?) stuck between 3 great women. Lots of eye candy, with Scarlett Johansson & Penelope Cruz.

Rebecca Hall is also eye candy, but with the other two around... She has also acted very well in the movie, so we tend to focus more on the content than the ummm... presentation.

Very nice movie, really worth a watch.

Last edited by hydrashok : 13th March 2009 at 13:22.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2009, 13:31   #75
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Actually, Vicki Cristina Barcelona is a romance-drama. And Bardem plays an Artist living in the Now, who is very much in touch with his sensual side. And a lucky guy (?) stuck between 3 great women. Lots of eye candy, with Scarlett Johansson & Penelope Cruz.

Rebecca Hall is also eye candy, but with the other two around... She has also acted very well in the movie, so we tend to focus more on the content than the ummm... presentation.

Very nice movie, really worth a watch.
Sounds quite interesting. I am sure it is paisa vasool ( not that i am going to spend money to watch this movie) with Scarlett and Penelope. I searched and it ain't available on Bigflix
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Television shows: What do you watch? (No Spoilers Please) greatDrive Shifting gears 1860 23rd August 2017 09:10
The Hindi Movies Thread aah78 Shifting gears 3044 21st August 2017 00:22
The "Theatre" Thread (No spoilers please)! TheLizardKing Shifting gears 3 7th May 2015 19:50
English Plagiarization of Indian Movies SinghBHP Shifting gears 38 23rd November 2014 19:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:00.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks