Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 15:06   #1366
BHPian
 
KRRaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 509
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Have limited exceptions from 2012. :-(.
I am going just to see some nice special effects and also spend time with friends. This is just a reason to go out with friends . If the movie is good, then it would be a good bonus.
KRRaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 19:24   #1367
BHPian
 
RuffRyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 285
Thanked: 5 Times
Exclamation RocknRolla

Hi All,

Got to watch "RocknRolla" yesterday. Nothing new, a typical Guy Ritchie movie.

If you like Snatch, Lock stock and Revolver, you would like this one too..
Really like the way they say "Oi" in the brit accent.

Summary:
Lenny Cole, a London mob boss, puts the bite on all local real estate transactions. For substantial fees, he's helping Uri Omovich, a Russian developer. As a sign of good faith, Omovich loans Cole a valuable painting, promptly stolen off Cole's wall. While Cole's men, led by the dependable Archie, look for the canvas, three local petty criminals, the Wild Bunch, steal money from the Russian using inside information from his accountant, the lovely Stella. Meanwhile, a local drug-addled rocker, Johnny Quid, is reported drowned, and his connection to Cole is the key to unraveling the deceits and double crosses of life in the underworld.

My Rating: 3/5
Attached Images
 
RuffRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 00:18   #1368
BHPian
 
AMAN_SACHDEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: N.C.R.
Posts: 111
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
Hi All,

Got to watch "RocknRolla" yesterday. Nothing new, a typical Guy Ritchie movie.

If you like Snatch, Lock stock and Revolver, you would like this one too..
Really like the way they say "Oi" in the brit accent.

Summary:
Lenny Cole, a London mob boss, puts the bite on all local real estate transactions. For substantial fees, he's helping Uri Omovich, a Russian developer. As a sign of good faith, Omovich loans Cole a valuable painting, promptly stolen off Cole's wall. While Cole's men, led by the dependable Archie, look for the canvas, three local petty criminals, the Wild Bunch, steal money from the Russian using inside information from his accountant, the lovely Stella. Meanwhile, a local drug-addled rocker, Johnny Quid, is reported drowned, and his connection to Cole is the key to unraveling the deceits and double crosses of life in the underworld.

My Rating: 3/5
I too watched it yesterday, bought the dvd around 2 months back and finally decided to watch it ....
I didnt like it...
AMAN_SACHDEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 00:21   #1369
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,265
Thanked: 4,409 Times
Default

Guys, slightly OT but what happens if I lose my Bigflix CD ?
Eddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 00:40   #1370
BHPian
 
Caramelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: ahmedabad
Posts: 769
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

anyone seen 2012?? i know its depressing but is it worth watching world fall apart!!?
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 14:23   #1371
BHPian
 
hemanthisgreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 587
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Guys do post reviews of 2012 as soon as possible. Planning to watch it tomorrow.
hemanthisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 15:16   #1372
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,187 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Guys, slightly OT but what happens if I lose my Bigflix CD ?
Good Point. Logically, they should charge you the cost of the DVD or even better they should give 50% off since its a used one. So the damage cannot be more than Rs.200 DVD.

Why dont you check with the call center?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
anyone seen 2012?? i know its depressing but is it worth watching world fall apart!!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Guys do post reviews of 2012 as soon as possible. Planning to watch it tomorrow.
Me too, Me too. I am booked for late sunday night show. Gents, reviews please, hope it's disasterously best
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 15:31   #1373
BHPian
 
SumitBahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 974
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Overall rating of 2012 seems good.

This review is not very good though > 2012 (2009/I)
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 16:50   #1374
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Watched 2012 yest night. Nice visual effects and graphics. Total paisa wasool for that. Plot is fine, story, direction, etc is also nice. I felt it a little unreal when during all the catastrophes, the hero escapes always, a la Bollywood style. Be it the volcano explosion, runway breaking apart, limo scene, while flying the Russian airplane etc. But now this can be overcome thanks to the amazing visual effects. Oh and not to forget, the galore of whistles and thaliyaan from the crowd who are ever ready to shriek when they understand something or see anything related to India. Blame the local news channels for pushing the hype up so much. The theaters even the dubbed ones are running house fulls. It was a welcoming refresh after all the disastrous movies we had to watch over the year, mainly Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahaani.

Am gonna watch it again on IMAX after my exams. Worth the money.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 16:59   #1375
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,187 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Watched 2012 yest night. Nice visual effects and graphics. Total paisa wasool for that. Plot is fine, story, direction, etc is also nice. I felt it a little unreal when during all the catastrophes, the hero escapes always, a la Bollywood style. Be it the volcano explosion, runway breaking apart, limo scene, while flying the Russian airplane etc. But now this can be overcome thanks to the amazing visual effects. Oh and not to forget, the galore of whistles and thaliyaan from the crowd who are ever ready to shriek when they understand something or see anything related to India. Blame the local news channels for pushing the hype up so much. The theaters even the dubbed ones are running house fulls. It was a welcoming refresh after all the disastrous movies we had to watch over the year, mainly Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahaani.

Am gonna watch it again on IMAX after my exams. Worth the money.
Sagar, glad to see this review. I am already drooling to watch it on the big screen.

I am watching at Adlabs on Sunday night as i couldnt get a ticket in IMAX as only 1st row is available for next one week.

I was petrified that i will be sucked into one of those disaster scenes if i sit in first row
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 19:16   #1376
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: zxc
Posts: 3,392
Thanked: 654 Times
Default

watched Ocean's Eleven, the 1960s wala. starring Frank Sinatra.

Didn't liked it though. I must say new one is better.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 20:41   #1377
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,042
Thanked: 13,487 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Oh and not to forget, the galore of whistles and thaliyaan from the crowd who are ever ready to shriek when they understand something or see anything related to India.
While it happens in India all the time, I had never seen US audience getting so involved in movie except in "Return of the King". I saw them giving an applause in two scenes, which was kinda nice.

First Scene:

Second Scene:
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 14:05   #1378
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13
Thanked: Once
Default

Watched Aliens in the Attic last night

A normal theme but a nice movie to watch with family or friends.

Victor
iVictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 15:02   #1379
Senior - BHPian
 
chevelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: sacto
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 502 Times
Default

anybody seen 2012?

review
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 15:57   #1380
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,635
Thanked: 1,343 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Just finished The Usual Suspects.

Brilliant. What a rocking ride it was ! Any other movie as good in the same genre ?
]

Thats a classis film.

Could get tickets for 2012 last day :( Crowded!

Anyone saw This is it?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Television shows: What do you watch? (No Spoilers Please) greatDrive Shifting gears 1845 17th August 2017 09:08
The Hindi Movies Thread aah78 Shifting gears 3042 2nd August 2017 12:47
The "Theatre" Thread (No spoilers please)! TheLizardKing Shifting gears 3 7th May 2015 19:50
English Plagiarization of Indian Movies SinghBHP Shifting gears 38 23rd November 2014 19:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks