Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 9th July 2011, 22:56   #1606
BHPian

Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Saw Murder 2 earlier today, left the theater screaming bloody murder. Good thing that neither Mohit Suri nor the Bhatt's were anywhere closeby. The only thing worth watching was the Yana Gupta opening number and that too was botched up towards the end. Watch it at your own risk or if you are a big time fan of J F.
Hi khoj paaji,

I too returned home after watching Murder2, it was an ok ok movie, though I missed starting 10mins (thanks to traffic jam near panchsheel), i give it 6/10..

there were 2-3 scary scenes, and J F's scenes were not really needed in the movie..
nick17s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 04:06   #1607
Senior - BHPian

404 Error Not Found.

Liked the movie especially the climax. The acting is neat but movie demands strong personalities, a popular face to recognize. While the movie is gripping, i didn't get many scares as i was expecting, may be i saw it at home that's why, but story is really good and makes for a gripping finale. There were times when i could predict what is next and it would be true but its the end that fooled me since i was not expecting much.

Watch it at least once. It may keep you hooked.

4/5. (0.5 deducted for lack of powerful starcast and 0.5 for a predictable screenplay especially the camera movement)
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 22:40   #1608
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw Bbuddah Hoga Tera Baap!

Its a Masala movie, period but even with low expectations I hated it.

The rating is for good acting by Sonu Sood & Hema Malini, nobody else deserves anything for this movie. I feel sorry for the Heroine. No rating for AB as he produced it.

Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 03:02   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Delhi Belly

Saw the english version. It was hilarious. Super good. Great acting all round, great dark adult humor, full blown abusive words, foot tapping music and a good story. For once i liked Imraan khan. My teen crush - Shenaz looked great but a little flabby. Vijay Raaz is super awesome.

Amir Khan in an item number added to the star power. One thing i noted - There was scene at the end of his song which said 'Rockstar' coming Christmas 2011. Is a new movie coming during that time of Amir Khan?

4.5/5. (0.5)Unwanted song of Arup and no video of Bhag D.K song. Nitpicking I guess.

Buddha Hoga Tera Baap

A good time pass movie. Its AB's film all the way. Loved the title song, acting by the bad guy, hema malini and sonu sood. AB on HD looked awesome. Story is nothing to write home about. Caters to mass audience. Bound to get whistles and claps for some good dialogs at single screens.

3/5.

Last edited by chevelle : 12th July 2011 at 03:06.
Old 13th July 2011, 10:32   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Delhi Belly

Amir Khan in an item number added to the star power. One thing i noted - There was scene at the end of his song which said 'Rockstar' coming Christmas 2011. Is a new movie coming during that time of Amir Khan?
Rockstar is an Imtiaz Ali movie which is slated for a September Release. If I am not wrong it has Ranbir Kapoor in it.
bandlimitedlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 22:28   #1611
BANNED

Watched

1) Yeh Saali Zindagi - Its a Director(Sudhir Mishra) and his Muse(Chitrangada Singh) all the way. I loved the Dialect though Very simple and straightforward narration. I liked it.

Rating : 8.5/10

2) Double Dhamaal : I watched this movie in 15 minutes ( 5 mins dedicated to "Jalebi Bai") 200% Bakwaas movie.

Rating : 0/10
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2011, 23:12   #1612
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Delhi Belly

This is a hilarious movie with some great performances by the entire cast. As per the certification it is not be a movie which people will enjoy with family so be advised.

There is one glitch in one of the scenes which I didn't expect from an Aamir Khan Movie. The scene where the guys come out after the hotel room shoot out & the girl is confronted by her ex-husband. In that scene Imran is shown initially carrying the gun in his denims which can be seen but when he returns after punching the guy the gun is not there

Sorry for revealing the story but had to mention this goof up which is weird in today's age.

3.5/5

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th July 2011 at 23:13.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 01:06   #1613
Senior - BHPian

Zindagi na milegi dobara-
Excellent acting by abhay,hritik and farhan.
A nice good decent movie about a road trip of 3 friends and their journey within.
Must watch.
Kat looks gorgeous as usual

Rating -4/5
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 04:21   #1614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Zindagi na milegi dobara-
Excellent acting by abhay,hritik and farhan.
A nice good decent movie about a road trip of 3 friends and their journey within.
Must watch.
Kat looks gorgeous as usual

Rating -4/5
How is songs, story, direction? Worth watching in a theater?
Old 16th July 2011, 05:00   #1615
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
How is songs, story, direction? Worth watching in a theater?
Songs are ok, story is nice and the direction is extremely good. Definitely worth watching in theatre. Watch out for Farhan Akthar's one liners which am sure everyone is gonna love. Shades of DCH but a completely refreshing experience.
vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 09:53   #1616
Team-BHP Support

Watched " Murder-2" starring Emraan Hasmi and Jacqueline Fernandez

It's a fast paced and riveting murder mystery ( not really a mystery) with some foot tapping numbers which is the signature of Mahesh Bhatt+EH combination. The first number featuring Yana Gupta is really awesome and well picturized

The entire movie's production values are quite nice and glossy.

EH is his usual edgy self and whatever the world says, his movies are different, for the mass and works out well especially for the producer.

Prashant Narayanan's acting was absolutely wonderful and he practically stood out in the whole movie.

Story could be a copy of many similar hollywood themes and is not important but, how the director made it gripping is what works. A few scenes are quite scary and makes you jump out of your skin.

Jacqueline Fernandez practically grovels for EH's affection which doesnt leave a good taste but, she is absolutely wonderful to look at and perhaps one of the most exotic faces out there. However, EH and JF had a chemistry that can be seen between two igloos.

Overall, its a good racy thriller with some good numbers and you have a decent package. I like EH movies just for that reason. Music is given that it will be better than even mainstream movies out there and sex being one of the key ingredient and add thrilling moments to the package and you have yourself a winner. This formulae never goes wrong and Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatt know it.

3.5/5
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 10:04   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Watched " Murder-2" starring Emraan Hasmi and Jacqueline Fernandez

It's a fast paced and riveting murder mystery ( not really a mystery) with some foot tapping numbers which is the signature of Mahesh Bhatt+EH combination. The first number featuring Yana Gupta is really awesome and well picturized

The entire movie's production values are quite nice and glossy.

EH is his usual edgy self and whatever the world says, his movies are different, for the mass and works out well especially for the producer.

Prashant Narayanan's acting was absolutely wonderful and he practically stood out in the whole movie.

Story could be a copy of many similar hollywood themes and is not important but, how the director made it gripping is what works. A few scenes are quite scary and makes you jump out of your skin.

Jacqueline Fernandez practically grovels for EH's affection which doesnt leave a good taste but, she is absolutely wonderful to look at and perhaps one of the most exotic faces out there. However, EH and JF had a chemistry that can be seen between two igloos.

Overall, its a good racy thriller with some good numbers and you have a decent package. I like EH movies just for that reason. Music is given that it will be better than even mainstream movies out there and sex being one of the key ingredient and add thrilling moments to the package and you have yourself a winner. This formulae never goes wrong and Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatt know it.

3.5/5
It is good but the end is too predictable. But Jacqueline Fernandez is hot !! and Prashant Narayanan is outstanding. Somehow I don't like Emraan Hashmi !!
archat68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 10:12   #1618
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
It is good but the end is too predictable. But Jacqueline Fernandez is hot !! and Prashant Narayanan is outstanding. Somehow I don't like Emraan Hashmi !!
If my memory serves well, there is nothing to predict at the end. Its not a typical movie where killer is known in the last reel.

EH is not the proverbial good looking guy and neither he is great at acting. But, there is a certain charisma and screen presence about him that works and luckiest actor to get the best songs in bollywood, that's why none of his movies flop
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 14:48   #1619
BHPian

Movie - Zindagi na Milegi Dobara

Review - Excellent! Brilliant! This movie will make you go nuts. I know I am exaggerating a bit but this movie is pretty good. Story is not the strong point of the film. One look at the trailer and you will know what the movie is about. The movie is based in Spain. This movie will make you fall in love with Spain. I have heard good things about Spain but I actually saw why in the movie. The strength of the movie is its Direction, its location and the acting. Full marks to the actors for their amazing acting skills. Hrithik was exceptional. Farhan and Abhay also did a great job. I am not a fan of Katrina's acting but the role she plays in the movie suits her perfectly. Music is also great and the song which is played during the Tomatina festival is my favourite. It is the way the song is shot which makes the song more beautiful. The Bull Run sequence at the end of the movie is pretty well shot. There are some breathtaking scenes in this movie. This movie will be a hit especially with the younger generation. Many people are going to compare this movie to Dil Chahta Hain (DCH). DCH was a hit because it was a story about 3 friends - a thing many of us relate to. Things like going to Goa in a car or having fun with friends - these things are always something one can relate to.

Some of my friends found this movie to be very ordinary. Their opinion was - " How can one spend so much on one trip? Sky diving, deep sea diving and Tomatino festival - all these things looks good in a movie only". I know its just a movie and reality is quite different from what is shown on screen. But this is what movies are supposed to do. They should make you dream and inspire. I liked this movie so much that I have decided to save money every month so that I could make such a trip with my friends after some years (I know I need to save a lot!). I know I am not going to do all the things shown in the movie but then just the thought of me with my friends in Spain having fun brings a smile to my face. This movie will show you places and things which most of us here will never see or do in our life.

Last edited by Saanil : 17th July 2011 at 14:50.
Saanil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2011, 19:21   #1620
BHPian

Zindagi na Milegi Dobara - aka Dil Chahta Hai 2

Hritik plays Aamir
Farhan plays Akshay
Abhay plays Saif

If you are game seeing DCH again you will love this move.
LonelyPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote