Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 15th October 2011, 00:56   #1771
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Not sure if anybody pointed it out, happened to see the trailer of ra-one and it seems to be a straight "inspiration" from the-one starring Jet Li.
I haven't seen either trailer, but in that case there's nothing to be surprised about.
Our filmy types get inspired very easily.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 15th October 2011 at 00:57.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 01:07   #1772
Senior - BHPian

the-one was released in 2001. you can watch the whole movie
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 02:07   #1773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the-one was released in 2001. you can watch the whole movie
I know that 'The One' is an old movie. I was making an entirely different point.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 04:50   #1774
Senior - BHPian

So, has anyone seen Speedy Singhs? Seems like a fun one-time watch
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 09:36   #1775
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Rascals

Brainless movie with a little bit of humor thrown in. I was expecting a typical David Dhawan comedy but it is not close to his previous good works. He has lost his magic touch I guess. Dialogs are good, some make you laugh, some make you do this ()

This movie doesn't demand any acting skills and none of the actors has it. SD looks very old, doesn't suit in such roles. AD is kinda ok, but sometimes over the top. Kangana looks hot, she has gained lots of weight. Rampal doesn't look like a don. Chunkey Pandey generates a few laugh.

I didn't like any songs. May be on repeat hearing like one or two. But i had rather listen to repeat songs of Rockstar than this.

Watch if you have nothing else to do and put your brains at home please.

2/5
I watched this movie and right from begining the movie is completely brainless and in comparison other brainless movies like Golmaal is a masterpiece.

Zilch Direction, Zilch Dailogues, Zilch Screenplay, Zilch Acting makes this movie impossible to watch. As a matter of fact, we walked out in intermission

Sanju and Ajay have no chemistry at all and were "groping" Kangana like a couple of horny teenagers. Never seen such cheap intimacy in a bollywood movie till date and still wondering how Kangana agreed to it.

Music and Chunky Pandey is the only saving grace that made me sit even till the intermission.

Kangana Ranaut looks super super HOT but, her weak voice makes you flinch and zero acting. Lisa Haydon was just plain average looking

Chevelle, now I am certain your very generous with your ratings.

0.5/5 ( Only for Kangana's hot quotient)
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 07:15   #1776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I watched this movie and right from begining the movie is completely brainless and in comparison other brainless movies like Golmaal is a masterpiece.

Music and Chunky Pandey is the only saving grace that made me sit even till the intermission.

Kangana Ranaut looks super super HOT but, her weak voice makes you flinch and zero acting. Lisa Haydon was just plain average looking

Chevelle, now I am certain your very generous with your ratings.

0.5/5 ( Only for Kangana's hot quotient)
. You gave 0.5 to Kangana and i gave 1 to her and 0.5 each to music and AD/CP. Not justifying my rating, just thought u should know.

I still remember one scene on bike where AD gropes Kangana and i hanged my head in shame as to why such sleaziness. I won't call it intimacy, i would say its daylight sleaziness by top rank actors.
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 16:58   #1777
Senior - BHPian

Mujhse Fraandship karoge
biased review, since the second guy and I grew up together.
But even if i put that bias aside, i liked the movie.
The identity theft is confusing at points, but humorously executed.
The best bit about the flick is the songs, though.
Worth a watch before the usual suspects return to the screen
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 18:24   #1778
Senior - BHPian

Chala Mussaddi Office-Office

As the name suggests, its a movie version of the super funny super awesome (IMO) tv series, office-office.

Annnnndddddd they have massacred it. Its so very tiring to watch. It would have still been OK if this were 3 office office episodes sewn togather to make a film. But NOOOOOOOOOOO, they have taken a hatchet and gone to work.

Oh, and they = EVERYONE WHO HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH CREATING THIS PILE OF GARBAGE SITTING ON A PILE OF GARBAGE..

Everything has been needlessly stretched, that lanky "Channel V" VJ fellow (Gaurav........ is it?) would not know acting if it sat on his face. And Pankaj freakin Kapoor, how could you be such a sell out? You should have known that it was garbage in the making. How could you do this. No respect to you man. Now you and your son, both SUCK.

And as if this was not enough, there's this starved looking charecter who comes into the frame every now and then with a ridiculous song.

Rating - 0/5

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 24th October 2011 at 18:29.
Urban_Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2011, 16:03   #1779
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Saw Ra One today. Its a strictly average movie. A strictly one-time watch if you dont have anything else to do. I'm sure its going to be loved by all the SRK fans as usual. The kid has done a decent job in the movie. The special effects were a bit tacky. Kareena looked good in the chammak challo song.
The scene which was most appreciated was when Superstar Rajnikanth makes an appearance. He was looking more like a duplicate which was rather weird!

Bottomline: Rajnikanth's Robot was better, more interesting! But having seen dumb movies like Ready,Bodyguard break records, i see no reason why this movie wont succeed.

Last edited by PPS : 26th October 2011 at 16:04.
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 16:47   #1780
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if anybody pointed it out, happened to see the trailer of ra-one and it seems to be a straight "inspiration" from the-one starring Jet Li.
Saw Ra One today. I dont think it can be compared to The One. The movie seems inspired from T2, but it would be an insult to T2 to compare the two.

As per Bollywood standards, the SFX were pretty good, except in the opening scene maybe. But that was a dream sequence. Maybe thats what they were trying to show.

Anyway, as far as SFX go, i think they did a pretty good job there. If you have seen a few Hollywood scifi movies, you wont be amazed, because Hollywood has been dishing out such stuff for ages. But for Bollywood, i think it was a pretty good effort.

The movie has some sort of story too! Although at some places you have to make a few compromises.

Another big attraction of the movie was Kareena. She looks awesssome.

Biggest turn off in the movie was SRK himself. His overacting was unbearable, even when he was acting as a robot. Kareena's screen presence made it bearable though. The kid Armaan Verma also did a pretty good job.

Overall, i would say it can be seen once for sure. Just be prepared for SRK's overacting and attempt at some very cheesy out-of-place humor.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 19:48   #1781
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh and how could i forget this.
Murdering a classic like Stand By Me is an unpardonable crime committed in RaOne.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2011, 20:56   #1782
BHPian

Watched RA.One in 3D on day 1. Worst movie of the year so far! Graphics are not that great and the script is lame.

The whole theater was excited only:

- When Chitti (Rajni) made the guest appearance
- Chammak Challo (no prizes for guessing)
- Whenever SRK got beaten up by the villain. There was finally a sigh of relief among the crowd when the movie finally ended.

Rating 1/5, and I am being generous.
chikkars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 00:02   #1783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Saw Ra One today. I dont think it can be compared to The One. The movie seems inspired from T2, but it would be an insult to T2 to compare the two.
T2, The-one, I-robot ki khichdi and then kareena ka tadka

saw the part in youtube where Rajinikanth enters and it's quite obvious SRK "wants" to outperform everybody in the world. Moved on from big B to Rajini now.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 02:15   #1784
BHPian

I saw Ra.one today. What a "Chappri" movie. 250 bucks. What a waste! Cant believe i even fell for his marketing. Pathetic dialogues. Really bad.
There is a scene in which G.one grabs Ra.one's privates and ra.one replies "Yeh tum Kya kar rahe ho G.one?" and that too in the climax scene. Full to Wannabe movie.
"Bruce lee ki teen behenein Iski Lee, Uski Lee, Sabki Lee" What nonsense?

Best actors in the movie.
1)the young Boy
2)the thugs who attack Kareena at Mumbai airport.
3) suresh Menon

This was like a combination of Iron man, Spiderman, SHAKTIMAAN, SUPERMAN, Rudraksh, Karan Arjun, DDLJ and some other gay movie.

And Whats even more Sad and threatening is that the movie ends with a hint of a sequel!

Last edited by Eddy : 28th October 2011 at 12:03. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins. Thanks.
arrowaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2011, 10:00   #1785
Team-BHP Support

Unfortunately I happened to see Ra.One. Before the review I have to tell you, please don't waste your money and watch it.

The movie is completely idiotic, and SRK should have donated the money to charity, instead of making Indias most expensive movie.

The graphics too, are nothing great. Infact a game like GT5 on the PS3 probably has equal or better graphics. Only the car chase is upto international standards and where the building is collapsing.

I can't figure out why Rajni made an appearance?

Also the movie drags.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote