Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 5th January 2013, 10:53   #2221
BHPian

Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Eagerly waiting for Table # 21 reviews. Anyone planning to see it today / tomorrow ?
Saw Table No. 21 yesterday. I think it is definitely worth watching once. If people can shell out money for a movie like Dabaang 2, I am sure you will not regret spending money on this movie. Table No.21 has quite a different story – I have not seen such a story in Bollywood till now. This movie is not about acting or anything – it is a traditional thriller with a weird but a good ending (I liked the ending actually).

I guess Paresh Rawal is the only USP of this movie – the only thing that might draw people out of their homes to watch this movie. As usual he has done a good role. I also liked Rajeev Khandelwal (I think he is a good actor – liked him in Aamir movie a lot!). Please watch this movie with an open mind and do not use your mind a lot. Some of my friends were saying – How can this happen in real life, This is not possible etc. If you think like that you will not enjoy the movie. Since this is a thriller obviously the ending of such movies is expected to be awesome. Some people will find the ending to be disappointing because like I said – it is weird but good. I think the movie is short (2 hours I think) in length and is quite fast paced.

Do not compare it with Hollywood movies – I guess some people might compare this to some movie in Hollywood. I do not know if this is a copy or not but it sure was refreshing (from the stupid movies I watched during the last week of December i.e. Dabaang 2 and Jack Reacher).
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2013, 15:36   #2222
BHPian

Is Table #21 anything like Hostel 3?

My favorite Hindi movies are: Kaante, Bombay Boys, Boom, Charas
Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2013, 16:18   #2223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Saw Table No. 21 yesterday.
This movie is not about acting or anything it is a traditional thriller with a weird but a good ending (I liked the ending actually).
Err, care to PM me the ending? Searched online, can't find a spoiler explanation anywhere! Not sure if I want to dole out cash for another hindi movie for atleast a while after just doing that for Dabbang 2
ninjatalli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2013, 10:32   #2224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Is Table #21 anything like Hostel 3?

My favorite Hindi movies are: Kaante, Bombay Boys, Boom, Charas
Like I said, you might feel that this movie is similar to some hollywood movies but the ending of Table No.21 is the decider whether you will like it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Err, care to PM me the ending? Searched online, can't find a spoiler explanation anywhere! Not sure if I want to dole out cash for another hindi movie for atleast a while after just doing that for Dabbang 2
I suggest you watch the movie in a theatre. Trust me - you will not regret it. You can go in a morning show to save some cash
Old 11th January 2013, 13:40   #2225
Team-BHP Support

Watched "Table No.21"

It's a story of a couple who win a free holiday trip to Fiji Islands and get invited to a strange game by a stranger that can win them 21 Crores. It had all the trappings of a con from the begining but, why would the couple understand that since this is a movie

8 Questions, 8 Answers and 8 Tasks

Firstly, the movie had the look and feel of a B-grade flick right from photography to dialogues to songs. Acting wise, none of the stars including Paresh Rawal were not even interesting to watch forget about being impressive. I think this is the only role of PR that I didnt like, he was almost mediocre

Questions framed were so stupid, it almost had a comical tinge to it.

And, tasks were a straight lift from the AXN series "Fear Factor" and the overall theme is from a Hollywood movie starring all heavyweights like Rock and a few other WWF wrestlers ( unable to recall the movie name) which is aired live on internet.

Around the 5th question, i knew what was coming but, the reason for this entire game came as a bit of a surprise (which is the only novel factor of the movie)

Rajeev Khandelwal looks handsome in most places and weird in some places ( heavy make-up which is clearly seen) and photography was so bad ( heavy contrast making the stars look extremely white or reddish)

Tena Desae was nice. I was impressed with her voice ( really really sexy)

Overall, if you miss this movie? No Big Deal

2.5/5
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 09:48   #2226
Team-BHP Support

Surprisingly, there is no review of "Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola"

Saw this early this week and Iam surprised to say that I liked the movie. Otherwise, Iam not a fan of Vishal Bharadwaj style of movie making as i find it too dark, meaningless and not at all entertaining as i didnt like any of his previous movies

MKBM also started off in the same note. For the first 15 minutes, I thought we made a mistake of coming for this movie. But, after that it was lovely satire of politicos and how they grab land of farmers etc with the story based in Haryana (though actually shooting was done in Gujarat)

You should watch this movie only for two people. Pankaj Kapoor and Arya Babbar

Initially I had a tough time understanding Pankaj Kapoor's dialogues/dialect especially when he plays a drunk but, when i got hang nof it, was a pleasure to watch him sift through being a drunk and sober.

I totally loved Arya Babbar,he was the highlight of the movie. He plays a moronic character as if he knows he is a moron. His expressions, gestures and body language was simply hilarious

Imran Khan. Nothing much to do expect flaut his thick brown beard. Looks damn good in it

Anushka Sharma. I hate this woman. Loud and over-confident. But, pleasantly suprised to see her in a slightly restraint mode in this movie. However, her familiar expressions and a few loud mouth dailogues are there for you to enjoy (if you like that style of hers)

Songs nothing much to write about. Movie length is too long at 170 minutes. Could have been a much better movie if it were 30 mins shorter

I would say go for Pankaj Kapur ( and, ofcourse Arya Babbar)

3/5
Old 20th January 2013, 10:10   #2227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Surprisingly, there is no review of "Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola"

Saw this early ----------snip------ ##

I would say go for Pankaj Kapur ( and, ofcourse Arya Babbar)

3/5
I saw this in the middle of the week.
Only one thing to say-one can wait for this to be aired on TV. But that would entail a drawback in the snipping of Pankaj kapoors, ahem,... rhetoric, let's say.

And I read about how imran Khan spent days and weeks and months learning the dialect. Must say he's a slow learner, or failing the course.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 19:57   #2228
Senior - BHPian

Saw Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola, got overly bored. I feel Imran Khan nor Anushka can act.

Would rate it 1/5.
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 21:24   #2229
BHPian

Saw Matru ki Bijlee ka Mandola (MKBKM) and was heavily disappointed. The only other time when I was frustrated while watching a movie in theatre was during a film named Mausam (starring Shahid Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor). MKBKM had no story at all and it is weird. Arya Babbar bringing people from Africa to sing folk songs? How stupid can you get – and then people blame movies like Houseful 2 for being stupid.

Many people told me that this movie was a satire and it had many subtle scenes which I did not understand. I think Vishal Bharadwaj wanted to make a comedy movie and in order to do things differently he came up with this. I agree Pankaj Kapoor was nice but in no way his acting alone can make this movie good. Most of his dialogues were while he was drunk and required some attention to understand.

People can give this movie a miss OR probably catch this when it will be shown on TV.

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd January 2013 at 21:24. Reason: Removing Spoilers, thanks
Old 20th January 2013, 23:36   #2230
vsh
BHPian

Pankaj kapoor- He is a superb actor and reminds me of the old serials- "FATEEECHAR" AND " JASOOS KARAMCHAND"- which were very popular then.
vsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2013, 13:02   #2231
Team-BHP Support

Watched " Inkaar" starring Arjun Rampal and Chitrangadha Singh

Story is about Arjun and Chitra being hot-shot advertising execs working together in same firm and Chitra slapping a sexual harrasment case on Arjun

Right from first scene the movie dives straight into the case with entire story being narrated in flashes which keeps you completely intrigued. Both are given chance to give their side of the story which is beautifully contradictory keeping you guessing who is at fault

After a sometime, enjoyed this movie due to its super taut script and absolutely mind-blowing acting by Arjun Rampal and Chitrangadha Singh.

Both looked their smouldering best. Though Chitra looked out of synch-in some scenes but, this was one meaty role for her and she delivers.

Arjun keeps getting better and better in each movie. He also happens to be my most favorite guy EVER in terms of good-looks (only behind Milind Soman) and used to be in awe of him during his modelling days. Met him and Milind briefly many years ago.

Milind and Arjun are like George Clooney of India, they keep getting better with age

This movie gives a detailed glimpse into the glitzy ad-world and what they showed is exactly how it happens.

Enjoyed the movie thoroughly !!!

4/5
Old 21st January 2013, 15:18   #2232
BHPian

Watched MKBKM and boy was I disappointed. I had read a few reviews before going and I thought it may be a one time watch, but I never expected it to be soo bad. Avoid if possible.

The only saving grace is Pankaj Kapoor and like others have said, its a bit difficult to catch what he saying sometimes.
mav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 16:02   #2233
Senior - BHPian

Managed to catch 3 movies lately

Son of Sardar - 1.5 / 5 . A hotch potch of the Golmaal series and Singham. A few good lines here and there , thats about it.

Khiladi 786 - 3/5. I don't know why but I really liked the movie. I was laughing almost all the way through the movie. It's also Singham+Khiladi+Golmaal+Dabaang all in a blender but it works. Himesh actually acted well in this one.

Makkhi - 4/5. WOW - what an idea, what concept and execution. Not much of a story but as a movie with animation - it works and works awesomely !! A lot of thought gone into the way a fly would move and stuff. Recommended.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 16:54   #2234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Khiladi 786 - 3/5. I don't know why but I really liked the movie. I was laughing almost all the way through the movie. It's also Singham+Khiladi+Golmaal+Dabaang all in a blender but it works. Himesh actually acted well in this one.
I missed seeing this movie. I loved the songs from it too. Now this review has made me watch it

And, I think its out of the theatre already. Maybe will catch it on Showcase on Tata Sky
Old 25th January 2013, 23:56   #2235
Senior - BHPian

Any reviews about Race 2?
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote