Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 26th January 2013, 00:15   #2236
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Any reviews about Race 2?
I watched the movie today, It's not bad, an average thriller. There are lots of twist in the movie, aka similar as in Race.

There is suspense in the movie, and most of which is predictable. What made me disappointed was the climax, I felt like watching a circus. Imagine 4 parachutes poping out of a R8 and car jumping off with them from a jet, which is thousand meters above in the sky

On the whole, it's worth the $$ and throughout 2 and half hours of the movie, I didn't got bore even for a second.

I'll give it 3 on 5. Enjoy the movie.

Cheers,
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 10:35   #2237
BHPian

Watched Aakash Vani. Well the director lost the plot by just putting unnecessary songs at every interval. The issue raised by him is very valid but well he stretched the movie too much. The cinematography is mind blowing. The director has used silence and just expression as a way to convey the anguish which many people might not get it. Anyways a good subject but poor execution.
dkhatau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 11:17   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I watched the movie today, It's not bad, an average thriller. There are lots of twist in the movie, aka similar as in Race.

There is suspense in the movie, and most of which is predictable. What made me disappointed was the climax, I felt like watching a circus. Imagine 4 parachutes poping out of a R8 and car jumping off with them from a jet, which is thousand meters above in the sky

On the whole, it's worth the $$ and throughout 2 and half hours of the movie, I didn't got bore even for a second.

I'll give it 3 on 5. Enjoy the movie.
+1

There is suspense and most of it is predictable.

I think Race-1 was better. Even the music/songs were better in Race-1.

Having said that, Race-2 is quite an entertainer.

Locations, camera, action, suspense and "colours" make it a good watch.
mukeshgoel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 12:48   #2239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I think Race-1 was better. Even the music/songs were better in Race-1.
Right, Race 1 had more twists, more & better action. Except the chase sequence of the shooter, other Race 2 actions are quite lame. Read somewhere that to act in 'Race' movies, actors must deliver dialogues with 'wooden' face (with sunglasses on), else they might give away the next twist

I give,
1 - For all actors/actress being trim & fit, and for wearing designer wear
2 - For cinematography, locales
3 - For not being teenage love story (hence didn't bore me).
So its 3/5 for me.

Last edited by msdivy : 28th January 2013 at 12:49.
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 09:37   #2240
Senior - BHPian

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Race -2
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 09:50   #2241
BHPian

Race-2 My Rating 1/5

Race1 was kind of ok. But Race2 is totally bad. Every department has failed to deliver. Acting is worse and nothing to write about the direction and action sequences. Story written to just to have twists and without any logic. They open story in all directions and finally just tie some of the lose ends in the climax. Total waste of my 25$.
arun_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 10:46   #2242
Senior - BHPian

Saw Khiladi 786 over the weekend; absolute fun and total paisa vasool on Tata Sky!
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 12:02   #2243
BHPian

Came across this review of Race-2:
http://www.theunrealtimes.com/2013/0...or-plagiarism/

akj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2013, 23:07   #2244
BHPian

Default Re: The English Movies Thread(NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Watched Race 2 the other day. The movie was average and to be frank it didn't even live up to its expectations. Everything seemed obvious and the movie was predictable right from the beginning.

Except for exotic Cars, stunning locations and Deepika's gorgeousness there isn't much in this movie.

My rating: 2.5/5
hurricanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2013, 23:49   #2245
Senior - BHPian

Race 2 : 1/5 - There was this awesome spoof trailer titled Disgrace 2; that spoof was the perfect review of this movie. Unfortunately that video has been removed from youtube by TipsAudio on copyright issues.

Edit: Found another newly uploaded video. .
ninjatalli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2013, 16:46   #2246
Team-BHP Support

Watched " Race 2"

I agree with everyone, prequel was much better for sure. Loved the opening sequence of the yellow gallardo.

What is there is say about this franchise, its all about big money (amounts you only read in forbes magazine or is there in Mukesh Ambani's account) deals as if they are talking about some simple monetary transactions and is also about double crossing. Funnily enough there is no premise as to why John Abraham would want to double cross Deepika..LOL!

Audi has showcased their entire range from A4-Q7 to an R8 as they were the luxury car providers for this movie. Most stupid scene was when Saif leans out of a madly zig zagging TT to go beneath a car which is notorious for almost zilch ground clearance to remove a bomb

Deepika looked gorgeous only in the opening sequence in that white dress. Oh boy !!!

Jacqueline F is super gorgeous looking and Deepika pales in front of her

John looks as if he's on steeriods and his close up shots are not too pleasing. Saif looked better among the two and not sure if anyone noticed, he keeps changing wigs every few scenes. Combed back hair vs. Some strands falling in front of his face. Wierd..huh?

Anil Kapoor had no right to be there in the movie. He was disgrace and
had absolutely nothing to do in the movie except munch on fruits and try not to leer at his buxom dimwit secretary ( Amisha: this is what happens when you dont maintain weight and relationships in Bollywood, you fall into a side-kick role from a lead heroine)

There is one sequence of the hitman taking a shot and then loiter on the terrace for our hero to spot him. Talk about a professional hit-man'ish quality...LOL

Looks like Turkey is on every movie makers list. Need to visit this gorgeous country myself now.

Music and songs were pathetic and stop abruptly. Great locations and cinematography

Overall, its all jazz and style and zero substance.

2/5

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st February 2013 at 17:03. Reason: changed the car name to TT :D
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2013, 11:11   #2247
BHPian

Being a Kamal Hassan fan had to see this movie Vishwaroop. I really did not understand why it was banned. An excellent movie and a must watch movie for all. However as they have also mentioned if you are weak at heart and cannot see blood then avoid.

5/5
kiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2013, 20:34   #2248
BHPian

hi all, just came back after watching Vishwaroop. And I have to say its an ok movie. The plot moves around back and fourth in the past and present so need to pay attention in the movie. There is a lot of action in it and my teenage cousin loved it. I found it ok, but no regrets watching it.

All in all I would give it a 2.5/5 as i do like action movies. If i didnt like action then the rating would have been 2/5
amrisharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2013, 02:56   #2249
Senior - BHPian

David : 3/5

Pros: Excellent acting by Vikram, Saurabh Shukla, Neil Nitin Mukesh, and to some extent, Monica Dongra!
Cons: Rest of the actors - some of them (Milind Soman, Tabu, Lara Dutta) don't even need to be in the movie!

Overall a nice script, but at times, especially in the second half, the dialogues are too lengthy. The movie would have been worth a 5/5, if they had re-edited and reduced it to 2 hours! Worth a watch, but keep your expectations low.
ninjatalli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2013, 01:09   #2250
Distinguished - BHPian

Special 26:

A nice movie. Gripping first half. Though there are NO extraordinary memories, the twist is really good! A handful of good comedy, some nice BGM bits too. Didn't feel the chemistry between Akshay & Kajal Aggarwal was great! What gripped me more was how they managed to make the roads fill with the Ambys, Padminis, M800s & imports of those era!

My rating - 3/5
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote