Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 19th November 2013, 12:32   #2476
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Allow me to save you from 3 hours of torture

If you see a Ramleela ticket counter, RUN in the opposite direction.

Rating : 1 / 5.
too late !! I watched this for the same reason as you

Quote:
Family

My review - Ram Leela -the most idiotic placing of songs in the narrative, stupid screenplay, a hamming (in parts) Ranveer and an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Deepika.

Verdict 2/5 all coz of Deepika
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 12:41   #2477
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
My review - Ram Leela -the most idiotic placing of songs in the narrative, stupid screenplay, a hamming (in parts) Ranveer and an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Deepika.
Verdict 2/5 all coz of Deepika
Gautam, your a softie at heart. Hence, even the worst movies you find them nice. Bollywood is surviving because of hard core patrons like you
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 12:58   #2478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Allow me to save you from 3 hours of torture
Rating : 1 / 5.
I was cursing myself for having read your review JUST AFTER booking the tickets.

Now I am looking forward only to the popcorns and other snackbar items.
saikatmandal04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 13:31   #2479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Gautam, your a softie at heart. Hence, even the worst movies you find them nice. Bollywood is surviving because of hard core patrons like you
Where did I say I liked the movie ? Read the verdict of mine
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 13:53   #2480
BHPian

Saw Ramleela last night. .
It's easily watchable
Especially if you compare with other two movies by Deepika this year.
3/5 from my side

It's a movie made with lot of dedication and effort. Without trying to copy from Hollywood.
Every scene in the movie is like a hand painting etched on canvas with so much attention to detail ; it's film not to be missed at any cost. Those breathtaking visual treat is more than I had expected.
Enough has been said about Deepika she's gorgeous and acting pretty well, but also this is best performance by Ranveer till date.
I do agree that script has nothing to offer, that you should have made out as it's adapted from Romeo Juliet by Shakespeare. Also the excess of melodrama and gorgeous visuals may be unpalatable for some. But this is how the melodramas are made !

It's a full paisa vasool , just don't bother about the script much (as with any other 100 crore grosser movie released this year)and enjoy the magic what bollywood and SLB are capable of creating.
drkritik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 21:44   #2481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Where did I say I liked the movie ? Read the verdict of mine
I am so missing the whats app chat at this point of time. Luckily I have golden rule that I wont enter a cinema hall as long as it is a SLB movie!
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 07:24   #2482
Team-BHP Support

Nautanki Saala

I tried to watch this movie having no memory of the reviews posted here. I thought a movie with Anshumaan would be fine to watch, but boy.. was i wrong?!!

It was a pain even watching the first 10-15 minutes following which i had enough and moved on. I then checked the reviews on this thread, and realised i wasn't the only one who felt so.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:55   #2483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Nautanki Saala

I tried to watch this movie having no memory of the reviews posted here. I thought a movie with Anshumaan would be fine to watch, but boy.. was i wrong?!!

It was a pain even watching the first 10-15 minutes following which i had enough and moved on. I then checked the reviews on this thread, and realised i wasn't the only one who felt so.
Nautanki Sala: I watched it few months ago and went into thorough introspection that why did I watch it. Admittedly, after Vicky Donor, we had high expectations from Ayushmaan Khurana. Nautanki Sala was probably aimed at being a dark comedy but in the end product, comedy was missing and only the former remained. Read somewhere that it was a straight lift-off of a French movie.

Satyagraha: Watched Satyagraha a few days ago. Felt like a mixture of 2-3 stories for eg. the Satyendra Dubey Case, Anna Hazare's Jan Andolan, formation of AAP. Even the lawyer in their team resembled Mr. Prashant Bhushan! I have a feeling that Prakash Jha has a knack to touch certain controversial & boiling aspects of the country in his recent movies without getting much into the topic for the purpose of creating a hype. Eg. Aarakshan - where after watching the movie one feels that there was hardly anything related to reservation and now this one. There were many lose ends in the Satyagraha and many questions were left unanswered. For eg. what happened to the claims that were made to authorities for which the Satyagraha was started?

Warning: No, its not some movie against which I want to warn you guys...apparently many have already seen Ram-Leela.
Warning is a 3D movie. Has a different plot where a bunch of guys & girls somehow get into the sea & have no way to climb/ get back into their cruise...well somehow! Watch only if you have nothing much to do...an average movie. At times, feels like stretching uselessly, but can be watched once. Since, it's shot in Fiji Islands, it has some good visuals. Giving it a 2/5. On another note, though it's certified as U/A, I would say it should have been certified as 'A'.

My rating :
Nautanki Saala: 1/5
Satyagraha: 2.5/5
Warning: 2/5

Last edited by saket77 : 22nd November 2013 at 10:58.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:15   #2484
BHPian

Gori Tere Pyaar Mein

Kareena and Imraan come together on screen for their second movie after Ek Main aur Ek tu which had a lacklustre performance at the box office (but I liked the movie). Well I found this movie to be less enjoyable than their first movie. Movie is directed by Punit Malhotra, nephew of fashion designer Manish Malhotra (Wiki).

Movie does not have an in-depth story as such. One look at the trailer is sufficient to guess the entire story. 1st half of the movie is watchable but the movie drops its pace in the 2nd half – probably because of the weak story. Imraan Khan needs to develop his acting skills as I see him with the same expression/acting mannerisms in every movie. Kareena was also just average in the acting department but beautiful nonetheless. Music was good but not great.

Bottom line– A below average movie which you will forget the moment you step out of the theatre. There is nothing bad in the movie but there is nothing good too. Worth watching if you are getting bored on the weekend and have already seen Ramleela.
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 14:27   #2485
Senior - BHPian

I watched Gori Tere Pyaar Mein last Saturday.
My wife rates it 4/5.
I rate it 3/5.

I liked it because I like bundle-bakhwas nonsense stupid dumbo movies. I like movies that make me laugh my guts out. I don't like emotional/sentimental movies.

First half is very funny. I was laughing so loud that my wife had to punch me a few times to keep me quiet. Many of the scenes in this half are shot in Tamarind Tree, JP Nagar. You will also spot Freedom Park, Orion mall and Park Square mall. But I did not like Mumbai airport shown as Bangalore airport (identifiable by the cool cabs in the background).

Second half gets serious and political. So it loses some points in my rating. There are some jokes shoved in and they blend well with the movie, so it continues to be entertaining.
rohanjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 09:51   #2486
Senior - BHPian

Watched ramiah vastavaiyah on TV yesterday. The first half is unbearable. There are few genuine laughs in the second half. Endured the crap just to watch Shruthi Hassan
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 10:04   #2487
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for this one!

mercedised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 15:55   #2488
BHPian

Ever fancied watching national geographic in a theater? Well this one comes very close.

Baboons flying around performing stunning acrobats, displaying their amazing feats,offering roars of impeccable delights.
During the movie session,suddenly It dawned upon me that scores of animals have migrated from national geographic, animal planet, discovery wild in the film.

That was the initial jolt I got from this movie.

With a matching script that was designed to transform the best of humans into their ancient ancestors.This one breaks all records!
The advent of rope harness in Hindi cinema has major credit for the mindless stunts.

However their is a surprise at store for the end, for all the violence it gathers along the 2 hours. That's when I realized there are humans in this movie after all. & the best one is Singh Saab the great.

Last edited by zeemmee : 9th December 2013 at 16:15. Reason: Adding stuff
zeemmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2013, 20:14   #2489
Senior - BHPian

Dear All, This is my 1st post on this thread. I truely feel proud of the fact that the movie I am about to mention here is surely a worthy movie among the current released lot. Its a refreshing comic-emotion subject "Club 60". A underdog as it may seem due to starcast but I vouch for the fact that it is a movie with a gripping story line and every scene is crafted with so much reality that one can connect with it very promtly. Its a movie that needs to be watched by parents and even the youths for learning that age is just a number and life is to be enjoyed even through rough patches and having emotional baggage is of no point to be carried always. A movie like this is beyond 5 Stars and even above the comparison with any other recently released movie. The music of it for a change also is very soothing and complements the subject well.

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2013, 20:19   #2490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Dear All, This is my 1st post on this thread. I truely feel proud of the fact that the movie I am about to mention here is surely a worthy movie among the current released lot. Its a refreshing comic-emotion subject "Club 60". A underdog as it may seem due to starcast but I vouch for the fact that it is a movie with a gripping story line and every scene is crafted with so much reality that one can connect with it very promtly. Its a movie that needs to be watched by parents and even the youths for learning that age is just a number and life is to be enjoyed even through rough patches and having emotional baggage is of no point to be carried always. A movie like this is beyond 5 Stars and even above the comparison with any other recently released movie. The music of it for a change also is very soothing and complements the subject well. Thanks AD
Completely agree. Refreshing and inspiring movie.
athanedar is offline   Reply With Quote