Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2014, 16:00   #2596
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,724
Thanked: 9,216 Times
Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

2 States - 2.5/5

Unimpressive acting by Arjun Kapoor especially the dialogue delivery. It felt a bit forced upon and artificial. As for Alia Bhatt, she was to portray a tambrahm girl but she remotely resembled one! I havenít read the book so I canít comment on the adaptation aspect but my fiancťe says it didnít. Ronit Royís acting was sheer brilliance! He seemed to be the lone guy who did justice to his role in the movie. If youíve watched Udaan, you can relate to the experience. If you havenít watched Udaan yet, please do! Revathi did her role quite well too.

After the movie, I was left wondering if Genelia could have been the ideal replacement for Alia, knowing how well she acted in Bommarillu and Santosh Subramaniam. Or even Asin! If the producers could have talked Aamir into taking up the role, it would have been awesome! He looks younger as the days pass by.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2014, 17:54   #2597
Senior - BHPian
 
Anand123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 1,903
Thanked: 2,477 Times
Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Heropanti, remake of telugu film Parugu, is your usual masala entertainer. Tiger Shroff makes an impressive debut. His performance was good enough for a new comer. Prakash Raj enacts the same role which he did in the telugu version and this is his best role in a hindi movie so far. Kriti Sanon looks beautiful and did her role well. Director Sabbir Khan has managed to present the movie as a good entertainer. Overall, its a decent timepass movie.

My Rating- 7/10
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 16:01   #2598
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,056
Thanked: 3,255 Times
Default

For the past two days, I've been watching what can only be termed as the crowning glory of Hindi cinema.
A movie that traverses the circle of gradation to cross over from the ultimately ridiculous,to the entertainer of the century, nay, millennium. Nay, universe(disconnected superlative, sorry).

Jaani dushman - ek anokhi kahani.

Anokhi is appropriate. It defines the word.
Can all of us who have had the privilege of having seen this, please raise our hands?
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 16:58   #2599
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,077
Thanked: 3,668 Times
Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Jaani dushman - ek anokhi kahani.

Anokhi is appropriate. It defines the word.
Can all of us who have had the privilege of having seen this, please raise our hands?
Neither been there, never done that
But why are you torturing yourself so much? Punishing yourself for something that you felt bad about? Let it go, we are against capital punishment.

BTW, why watching since last 2 days? Not able to take it more than 10 minutes at a time?
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 17:31   #2600
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,582
Thanked: 3,485 Times
Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Jaani dushman - ek anokhi kahani.
Its the snake movie with the big boss guy and Manisha Koirala right? Interesting choice to cover two days
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 17:59   #2601
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,056
Thanked: 3,255 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Its the snake movie with the big boss guy and Manisha Koirala right? Interesting choice to cover two days
No, I mean it!
It's SO bad, that's it's the best fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

Neither been there, never done that
But why are you torturing yourself so much? Punishing yourself for something that you felt bad about? Let it go, we are against capital punishment.

BTW, why watching since last 2 days? Not able to take it more than 10 minutes at a time?
I've literally been rushing home from meetings, putting it on with a cuppa, and guffawing. So, two days.

Last edited by mayankk : 5th June 2014 at 18:25.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 16:25   #2602
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,077
Thanked: 3,668 Times
Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Anyone suffered 'Purani jeans' lately? Good competition to Yaarian I guess.

1.5/5
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2014, 09:41   #2603
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 228
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Watched "Holiday" over the weekend.
Akshay Kumar is great throughout the movie. Sonakshi also does her dumb heroine job very well.
The story is good however the actor who plays the villain role should have been more meaner and villanish. He has very boyish charms to play a villain and looks a very odd choice.

Overall its worth spending 2.5 hours
My rating 3.5/5
athanedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2014, 12:45   #2604
Oxy
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 157
Thanked: 147 Times
Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
Watched "Holiday" over the weekend.
Akshay Kumar is great throughout the movie. Sonakshi also does her dumb heroine job very well.
The story is good however the actor who plays the villain role should have been more meaner and villanish. He has very boyish charms to play a villain and looks a very odd choice.

Overall its worth spending 2.5 hours
My rating 3.5/5
This is a remake of the Tamil movie Thuppakki, which is also directed by Murugadoss. I watched the original. The villian in that was perfect (Vidyut Jamwal, the one in the John Abraham movie Force).
Oxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2014, 14:31   #2605
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,849
Thanked: 2,147 Times
Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Jaani dushman - ek anokhi kahani.
Oh man, I watched this movie in theatre first or second day day of its release. I am surprised to see that it took you more than a decade to find this gem. 5/5 rating from me!
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2014, 15:16   #2606
BHPian
 
pratyush6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: RNC - BLR
Posts: 471
Thanked: 498 Times
Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Oh man, I watched this movie in theatre first or second day day of its release. I am surprised to see that it took you more than a decade to find this gem. 5/5 rating from me!
I mean this move must have something going for it.. Zee Cinema seems to rerun it to eternity!

Or maybe because it was 'inspired' from a bunch of English movies including the Matrix..
pratyush6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2014, 15:30   #2607
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,856
Thanked: 15,418 Times
Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Oh man, I watched this movie in theatre first or second day day of its release. I am surprised to see that it took you more than a decade to find this gem. 5/5 rating from me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I mean this move must have something going for it.. Zee Cinema seems to rerun it to eternity!

Or maybe because it was 'inspired' from a bunch of English movies including the Matrix..
I think this is the best movie bollywood made

right from the first scene to the last scene, your jaw is open, and then it opens and opens till it becomes the size of a Bangalore Pothole
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2014, 16:16   #2608
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 3,137 Times
Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
For the past two days, I've been watching what can only be termed as the crowning glory of Hindi cinema.
A movie that traverses the circle of gradation to cross over from the ultimately ridiculous,to the entertainer of the century, nay, millennium. Nay, universe(disconnected superlative, sorry).

Jaani dushman - ek anokhi kahani.

Anokhi is appropriate. It defines the word.
Can all of us who have had the privilege of having seen this, please raise our hands?
I have seen this movie long back while travelling in a bus i guess.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2014, 16:24   #2609
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 126 Times
Default Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I think this is the best movie bollywood made
In that case you have not heard of 'Gunda'. This movie takes all the oscars in the 'So bad its good' category. Comical dialogues, farcical plot, rock bottom production values and even lower moral standing (depiction of women), this movie has it all.
yosbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2014, 17:56   #2610
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,056
Thanked: 3,255 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post

In that case you have not heard of 'Gunda'. This movie takes all the oscars in the 'So bad its good' category. Comical dialogues, farcical plot, rock bottom production values and even lower moral standing (depiction of women), this movie has it all.
Mera naam hai.....
Of course, gunda rules!
But it was expected from a mithun movie, more or less. Even today, if I remember the g9 theme in the morning, it's stuck in my head the whole day. That's mithun for you.
But this one, oh boy!!
It should be a cult movie as well!
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) benbsb29 Shifting gears 6816 20th August 2017 16:33
The Regional movies thread! jkdas Shifting gears 1046 16th August 2017 16:22
Greatest Hindi Comedy DCEite Shifting gears 68 21st July 2010 00:08
Cant Stop Laughing! Hindi Win Xp DCEite Shifting gears 8 16th October 2005 01:49
sites for hindi music ? Hatari Shifting gears 5 16th April 2005 10:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:44.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks