Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:15   #376
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,030
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
It's based on the book on which the serial was based too. Exact story line - only production values are bigger and more glamarous and we have a stupid actor like Harman in place of the original Mr Yogi.

LOL - I feel the exact opposite about What's your Rashee, Varun !

Wake Up Sid is going to rock though !
You & me have nothing in common on movies Mr. NC !!
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 17:47   #377
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,518
Thanked: 7,191 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
It's based on the book on which the serial was based too. Exact story line - only production values are bigger and more glamarous and we have a stupid actor like Harman in place of the original Mr Yogi.

LOL - I feel the exact opposite about What's your Rashee, Varun !

Wake Up Sid is going to rock though !
I too agree with NC here. My predictions are as follows :-

What's your rashee : OK'sh
Wake up Side : It will rock
Blue : Timepass flick with no sense
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 02:02   #378
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LAX-SNA-BFL-BLR
Posts: 319
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Just saw "Whats your Rashee". Its typical popcorn fare and its WAYY TOO LONG (3:30 hrs +), so be prepared to make a few bathroom breaks if need be. Cauvery Theater here in Bangalore had two intermissions, i dunno if other theaters will be following the same deal. Anyways, Priyanka shines in her 12 roles for the most part. Harman is just ok i guess. The side plot is annoying, but i guess the whole movie couldnt be about Harman meeting his ex in her 12 different avatars. U can kinda figure out early on as to who he will end up with and i wont spoil it, but at least to me, she's the hottest one . BTW, Priyanka drives a Laguna Seca Blue E46 M3 vert in the movie with an MH reg..how they found that one is beyond me! . Overall, the movie is just timepass and worth watching once, if only to see the hot as hell piggy chops 12 times.

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th September 2009 at 14:12. Reason: onlt 2 smilies per post please, thanks
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 09:01   #379
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,074
Thanked: 2,015 Times
Default

i just saw 'dil bole hadippa' as i had nothing else to do & i am cursing myself why i committed this mistake! its such a bore.

waiting to see whats your rashee, wake up sid & blue.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 11:47   #380
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,368
Thanked: 383 Times
Default

Whats your Rashee

Be warned - if you are planning to catch the evening show of this movie, pack your dinner and carry it along with you. I went in for a 1930 show and came out at 2330 (including a 10 min interval).

A gujju guy in Chicago is conned by his family to come back to India to get married to save the family's backside due to some jhol by the elder son. The guy is jet lagged and reads a book about the 12 star signs and then decides to meet 12 girls from 12 star signs.

The director was jet laagged too it seems as the movie goes on and on and on and on and on and on...........

It starts off promisingly enough with the first 2 girls and goes down under after that. The reason being a song for each girl. It gets tiresome.

Harman Baweja is bad again, carrying the same expression through out the movie. Priyanks sparkles in 3-4 roles. The script is lame and dialogues pathetic. Music is bad too.

Verdict - 1.5/5
- Give this a miss I say.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 12:13   #381
Senior - BHPian
 
vkochar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Delhi / Agra / London
Posts: 2,030
Thanked: 207 Times
Default

Arey , I wanted to watch this. I guess I will see it on DVD now !! NC - This time I think I'll listen to you. 3.5 hours I can't take !!
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 14:18   #382
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,861
Thanked: 2,398 Times
Default

Aftera long time I agree with NC but with an exception.

I would rate this movie 2.5/5 & all of this 2.5 is because of the Brilliant performance by Priyanka. She has played all roles with great ease & looks convincing in all of them. there are a few funny scenes but thats about it.

The movie is too long, the songs are too many & cause a headache. Except for a few scenes it makes you wonder if the Director had met/seen any Gujju family ever in his life.

Harman has along way to go, he cant dance anything other form than break dance. He has a few expressions which he keeps using every now & then.

The plot had a lot of potential but they missed the train.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 20:53   #383
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LAX-SNA-BFL-BLR
Posts: 319
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Aftera long time I agree with NC but with an exception.

I would rate this movie 2.5/5 & all of this 2.5 is because of the Brilliant performance by Priyanka. She has played all roles with great ease & looks convincing in all of them. there are a few funny scenes but thats about it.

The movie is too long, the songs are too many & cause a headache. Except for a few scenes it makes you wonder if the Director had met/seen any Gujju family ever in his life.

Harman has along way to go, he cant dance anything other form than break dance. He has a few expressions which he keeps using every now & then.

The plot had a lot of potential but they missed the train.
the gujju stereotypes were hillarious
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 11:53   #384
BHPian
 
sajands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 827
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
Just saw "Whats your Rashee". Its typical popcorn fare and its WAYY TOO LONG (3:30 hrs +), so be prepared to make a few bathroom breaks if need be. Cauvery Theater here in Bangalore had two intermissions, i dunno if other theaters will be following the same deal. Anyways, Priyanka shines in her 12 roles for the most part. Harman is just ok i guess. The side plot is annoying, but i guess the whole movie couldnt be about Harman meeting his ex in her 12 different avatars. U can kinda figure out early on as to who he will end up with and i wont spoil it, but at least to me, she's the hottest one . BTW, Priyanka drives a Laguna Seca Blue E46 M3 vert in the movie with an MH reg..how they found that one is beyond me! . Overall, the movie is just timepass and worth watching once, if only to see the hot as hell piggy chops 12 times.
Just watched What's Your Rashee @ jayanagar INOX, Only 1 intermission for 10 mins. 8:20pm to 11:30pm. Phew!!!!! 12 songs and the title song at the end and the song which harman sings in the bmw is good.

Priyanka is good and harman is kind of ok, I guess his elder brother role was much better than him. 2.5 out of 5 is what i rate this movie. Nice time pass movie.

Waiting for wake up sid and blue.
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 23:09   #385
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LAX-SNA-BFL-BLR
Posts: 319
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Just watched What's Your Rashee @ jayanagar INOX, Only 1 intermission for 10 mins. 8:20pm to 11:30pm. Phew!!!!! 12 songs and the title song at the end and the song which harman sings in the bmw is good.

Priyanka is good and harman is kind of ok, I guess his elder brother role was much better than him. 2.5 out of 5 is what i rate this movie. Nice time pass movie.

Waiting for wake up sid and blue.
the priyanka he chooses in the end is prolly the best combo ...god she is sizzling; what i wouldnt give to even be next to her!
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 10:40   #386
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,518
Thanked: 7,191 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Just watched What's Your Rashee @ jayanagar INOX, Only 1 intermission for 10 mins. 8:20pm to 11:30pm. Phew!!!!! 12 songs and the title song at the end and the song which harman sings in the bmw is good.

Priyanka is good and harman is kind of ok, I guess his elder brother role was much better than him. 2.5 out of 5 is what i rate this movie. Nice time pass movie.

Waiting for wake up sid and blue.
I too watched "Whats your Rashee" last night. I went to the movie with least expectations and was hoping to walk out in the middle. But, it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I really liked the movie, except for its length.

Priyanka did really well some of those girls roles. I am seeing first movie of Harman and i was suprised to see he is quite good looking ( better than Hrithik, IMO) and good acting too except that his voice is bit weak.

Did someone notice, he wears the same jeans and watch for entire movie?

The support cast was the highlight of the movie. Debu Bhai ( Superb acting), Anjan Srivastav ( Hilarious), Jitu Bhai ( Spontaneous) and not to meantion the Jyotish-cum-Jyosoos, whew !!! crazy bunch of people but that's what made this movie watchable to a large extent.

I really loved a couple of songs :-

1. Song in the BMW

2. Song in the hotel room with that crazy chandrika

3.5/5 ( would have given 4 but didnt due to length of movie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
the priyanka he chooses in the end is prolly the best combo ...god she is sizzling; what i wouldnt give to even be next to her!
Yes, i agree here about Sanjana. However, the priyanka that i liked was the one who says she is not virgin. Her intensity was pretty burning in that role, i got fried !!!!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 12:50   #387
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,368
Thanked: 383 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yes, i agree here about Sanjana. However, the priyanka that i liked was the one who says she is not virgin. Her intensity was pretty burning in that role, i got fried !!!!
Damn - you and me share the same taste in women !
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 12:56   #388
BHPian
 
sajands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 827
Thanked: 133 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Damn - you and me share the same taste in women !
+1 add my 2 cents to this. Hope my wife does not check this thread.
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 12:57   #389
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,861
Thanked: 2,398 Times
Default

That would be 'Hansa' right? See I remeber her name too, yep, I too liked that character a lot & was infact expecting her to be the one who Mr patel would marry
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 14:16   #390
BHPian
 
manaa45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: nerul, navi mumbai
Posts: 344
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

I watched WYR yesterday, and I must admit, I too liked the movie. Priyanka was good and Harman was way better then his debut movie.

Also the supporting cast is very good and lucky for me, I think they had cut atleast two songs. May be somebody could confirm, was there a song with that Jyotish Girl Bhavna Shukla. I think it was cut in the theatre where I watched the movie.

The only problem I thought that there was no linkage between two scenes in some places.

My rating 3.5/5

Mansi
manaa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) benbsb29 Shifting gears 6816 20th August 2017 16:33
The Regional movies thread! jkdas Shifting gears 1046 16th August 2017 16:22
Greatest Hindi Comedy DCEite Shifting gears 68 21st July 2010 00:08
Cant Stop Laughing! Hindi Win Xp DCEite Shifting gears 8 16th October 2005 01:49
sites for hindi music ? Hatari Shifting gears 5 16th April 2005 10:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks