Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 8th November 2009, 12:41   #496
Team-BHP Support

Ajeeb Kahani Waali Movie

- Ranbir rocks. Though he hammed for about 5 min, he completely carried the movie on his shoulders. The scene where he goes to the dance party with Kat was hilarious.

- Katrina. Somehow, she did not look as good in this movie as she normally does. She has no meat in the role.

- Upen Patel: Why ? Why ? Why ? Of all people, Rajkumar Santoshi had to cast him ! The guy is even worse that Kat when it comes to Hindi and the two having an emotional dialog in accented hindi was crappy.

- I just enjoyed the scenes that Ranbir had with his family, especially his Dad. Brilliant and the highlight of the movie.

- Story ? Well, lets just talk of the weather.

- Two songs are nice, others ok.

- Tried to replicate Andaz Apna Apna's climax but failed miserably.

1.5 Stars, and only for Ranbir and his scenes with his family.
------------------

Any Jail reviews ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 12:25   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

LOL I am going to swim against the tide with my ratings for

Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani

Name:  ajabpremkighazabkahanitohitthe11713.jpg
Views: 2654
Size:  39.9 KB

This movie is shot in a very 90's way i.e. the entire movie is on sets & so are the situations i.e. like 90s. It seems like Raj Kumar Santoshi hasn't come out of that era but then who's complaining when you have the entire hall roaring in laughter in every few minutes. Personally its an OK movie with some really funny scenes.
Ranbir is simply Brilliant & other have complimented him well.

I am not sure how many observed this but this is one of those rare movies where you see the Hero in 95% of scenes, Yes there are barely 2-3 scenes where Ranbir is not in frame.

Overall a light enjoyable movie.

Rating 2.5

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th November 2009 at 12:42.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 12:40   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
you see the Heroin 95% of scenes
Hero or Heroine ? :d
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 12:43   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Oops I meant 'Hero in' & not 'Heroin' Corrected now

Btw did you notice this?
Old 10th November 2009, 00:51   #500
Senior - BHPian

I will go with NC and Eddy for the review however my rating is 1/5.
1 is for a fine performance by ranbir.
Kat needs a break.
Upen must quit thoughts of acting and become a bodybuilding trainer.

Totally avoidable movie!
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 20:13   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I will go with NC and Eddy for the review however my rating is 1/5.
1 is for a fine performance by ranbir.
Kat needs a break.
Upen must quit thoughts of acting and become a bodybuilding trainer.

Totally avoidable movie!
AJAB PREM KI.....I have nice expletives for this movie, but it will get me banned. So....

Can i give a 'minus' rating? Can't believe I wasted money on this film. STAY WAY !!
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 20:28   #502
Senior - BHPian

I also spent some time watching Ajab Prem ....
Not a patch on Andaz Apna Apna.
Ranbir really fits such roles. Katrina was ok.
Nothing to write home about, just timepass.
2/5
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 15:22   #503
BHPian

Saw Ajab Prem Ki ... in Fame today. My rating

1 out of 5 .

Pretty repetitive story line. Ranbir was good. 1 or 2 comic scenes here or there.. nothing worth mentioning. I really appreciate the guy who has acted as his dad in this movie. ( Do not remember his name.. This guy comes in the HDFC bank Ad). Katrina looks good through out ...

Watch it if you do not have anything else to do.
sam_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 14:22   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

Got to see London Dreams on DVD.

It was so boring & stupid that I couldnt manage to watch after the first half.

1/5 (this 1 is for Ajay's acting & A different role by Salman)
Old 16th November 2009, 14:39   #505
Senior - BHPian

Saw 'Tum Mile' Yesterday.
Nothing special about the movie. Just a love story of emraan and soha with mumbai rain here n there. You can easily skip it. However its better than few hindi movies i had seen lately.
Rating - 2/5
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 15:36   #506
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Saw 'Tum Mile' Yesterday.
Nothing special about the movie. Just a love story of emraan and soha with mumbai rain here n there. You can easily skip it. However its better than few hindi movies i had seen lately.
Rating - 2/5
I like Emraan Hasmi movies. They are not great but quite entertaining and always has fabulous songs. I will check out this movie sometime this week.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 20:54   #507
Senior - BHPian

Why do you guys watch Hindi (Bollywood movies to be exact)? I somehow feel that most of us go in knowing that there will be a display of abysmal acting talents, slipshod editing, nonsensical dance sequences, poor taste, racial and sexist taunts, lack of sophistication, forced comic situations and a general contempt for the discerning viewer. Are we so consumed by a need to leave troubles behind that we are ready to put ourselves through such torture?

The last disaster I had the misfortune to witness was 'All the Best'. Mainly because of the wife ...

Even she was disgusted. I especially hated the way the movie makers reduced the characters of African origin to a bunch of ridiculous clowns. Hated it absolutely. Is this what the Indian audience looks for? I thought that actors like Ajay Devgan, Bipasha Basu and Sanjay Dutt would at least have some sense of decorum, being educated and having a great degree of exposure. And to think that we have arrived on the world stage. I hope we don't get booed off in a hurry.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 23:54   #508
Senior - BHPian

Jail ---- Managed to watch Jail last night. I had high hopes from the movie it disappointed me big time.
Neil is a successful executive with a company who gets stuck in a police case because of his roommate, who turns out to be a drug dealer.
The entire story is about his experience in the jail. The portrayal of life in indian Jails has been done well. It shows the quicksand, which is our legal system and how people get stuck in it. The movie leaves one wondering whether one is watching an art movie or commercial cinema. Its neither nor there.

Neil is average.
Mugdha Godse doesnt look good and cant act.
Manoj Bajpayee - This guy is such a great actor but the director fails to use him effectively.
This movie could have been made so much better. -- 1.5/5 is all i would give it.

Last edited by sammyboy : 17th November 2009 at 00:01.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 21:45   #509
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Why do you guys watch Hindi (Bollywood movies to be exact)? I somehow feel that most of us go in knowing that there will be a display of abysmal acting talents, slipshod editing, nonsensical dance sequences, poor taste, racial and sexist taunts, lack of sophistication, forced comic situations and a general contempt for the discerning viewer. Are we so consumed by a need to leave troubles behind that we are ready to put ourselves through such torture?

The last disaster I had the misfortune to witness was 'All the Best'. Mainly because of the wife ...

Even she was disgusted. I especially hated the way the movie makers reduced the characters of African origin to a bunch of ridiculous clowns. Hated it absolutely. Is this what the Indian audience looks for? I thought that actors like Ajay Devgan, Bipasha Basu and Sanjay Dutt would at least have some sense of decorum, being educated and having a great degree of exposure. And to think that we have arrived on the world stage. I hope we don't get booed off in a hurry.
Wow, that was heavy feedback. Most of us go to movies for entertainment. Some of this entertainment is just a feel good factor only till time of viewing and i am sure most of us forget what we viewed almost immediately with a faint recall of knowing it was good, bad or average.

We must not forget that there is varied type of audience for which a movie is made. Put yourself in a movie makers shoes, i am confident you cannot please all categories of audience from a single message.

Btw, i loved "All the Best", i agree it was silly and stupid but it also contributed to some laughs in my life
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 14:33   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
....Some of this entertainment is just a feel good factor only till time of viewing and i am sure most of us forget what we viewed almost immediately with a faint recall of knowing it was good, bad or average...
We must not forget that there is varied type of audience for which a movie is made. Put yourself in a movie makers shoes, i am confident you cannot please all categories of audience from a single message...
Btw, i loved "All the Best", i agree it was silly and stupid but it also contributed to some laughs in my life
Thanks for your response Mobike.

I agree with what you have said, but I feel that no matter what the motivation is, movies being dished out by Bollywood can be made in a far better manner. We have had quite a few laughs from Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro, Golmaal, Angoor and countless others. Is it really difficult to make such movies now?
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote