Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 19th October 2010, 23:17   #1216
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
'Udaan' by Vikramaditya Motwane.

The movie is about the life of a 17 year old teen who returns back to his home after being expelled from his boarding school.And I must say that this is one of the best Bollywood movies that I've watched so far.

A must watch movie. Highly recommended.

My Rating : 4.75/5

Amith
+5 for this movie, don't miss this one.
Bit slow from current trends, bit serious but definitely Thumbs Up !
4.5/5 a must watch
drkritik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 01:46   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Saw Do dooni chaar this evening +5
Guys, just go watch this movie, some of the best money you will spend on a movie ticket.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 10:18   #1218
BHPian

Finally got around to watch 'Rajneeti'. I had great expectations from this movie ( being a Prakash Jha movie and all ) but was sorely disappointed. I think Jha missed a great opportunity here to make a real hard hitting movie on politics in india ( like he did with Gangaajal ). Instead, what we get is a rehash of the Mahabharath and The Godfather with a political backdrop.
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 23:45   #1219
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Saw Do dooni chaar this evening +5
Guys, just go watch this movie, some of the best money you will spend on a movie ticket.
I saw Do dooni char Today.
Very good Family Movie
Light hearted comedy , Plus some great acting by Rishikapoor & Nitu Kapoor !
Highly recommended 4.5/5
drkritik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 00:02   #1220
BHPian

I also saw "Do dooni char". Very good movie.

I also saw "Paanch" by Anurag Kashyap - liked it.

Guys suggest some good comedies from all genre.
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 13:01   #1221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Knockout ( Phonebooth) and Aakrosh ( Mississipi Burning) is planned for viewing in theatre this week.

Watched the english versions and both were superb movies. Hope the indian versions are decent enough.
This has been put on the back-burner. Its going to be Raktha Charithra tomorrow evening. I am sure its going to rock in a bloody and gory way
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 16:39   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Saw 'Aakrosh' today. I don't know why the critics gave bad review about the movie. I loved the direction, acting and whole plot of the movie. Everything was just put up so interestingly that I once thought that Is this really a Priyadarshan movie, who mostly has comedy doses for his fans?
mercedised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 22:14   #1223
Senior - BHPian

Saw 'Jootha hi Sahi' this afternoon.

Light enjoyable movie 4/5. All actors are equally matched in terms of performance and that has translated into a very well balanced picture. Lots of laughs well inter spread through out the movie especially "Can-chi La" which surprisingly a majority of the audience did not catch.

Bits and pieces of the story line did remind me of various tv serials and movies of yore but I was busy enjoying myself so did not dwell too much on that. Watch it & have fun.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 01:23   #1224
Senior - BHPian

Aakhrosh, Loved it. Brilliant movie. Ajay Devgan and Akshaye Khanna make it worth a watch with the fantastic and real life theme.
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 08:54   #1225
Team-BHP Support

Watched " Raktha Charitra ( Hindi Version)" last night. Its one of the most hard hitting,gory and completely bloody film you will see in a long time.

RGV is certainly going to get some of his glory back with this movie. Considering that entire movie is based on a true story and prior to making RGV was warned by Paritala Ravi's relatives wrong depiction would not be tolerated, it was an eye opener to see the bloodcurdling saga of the rayalseema's factions enmity and quest for power

Bukka Reddy played by Abhimanyu Singh was the highlight of this movie. He redefined savagery and obsession with violence to an altogether
different level

Viviek also played his part superbly and matched abhimanyu to some extent. His trademark wrinkling of his nose just after a kill has become his unique style

Selection of side-artists was perfectly and dangerously appropriate with a bunch of notorious and ugly looking hoodlums snarling and glaring with vicious stares all through the movie.

Shotgun as NTR portrayed the charismatic leader very aptly including a heavy hyderabadi accent.

For folks who dont know, Shotgun's close aide ( Tanikella Bharini) is Chandrababu Naidu ( Ex-CM of AP)

However, one thing i hated was the inclusion of one song which was unnecessary and a extremely loud, jarring and totally raspy background narration by some idiot. God knows how RGV let it through. In such narrations subtleness would have made a better impact.

RC-2 teaser shown in the last promises to be equally or even better with Surya ( Hero of Tamil version Ghajini) as the main protagonist. Knowing his intense acting prowess, it should be pretty interesting to see his duel with Viviek.

If you love watching a true story which is hard hitting then you wont be disappointed.

Go watch it !!!

My rating: 4\5

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd October 2010 at 08:55.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 09:11   #1226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post

I also saw "Paanch" by Anurag Kashyap - liked it.
Where ? How ?? Tell me, I soo want to watch this.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:57   #1227
Senior - BHPian

I agree absolutely with Avi's review. Its one hard hitting story and the quick pace of the movie doesn't make one realise how 2.5 hours went. I'm sure RGV is going to get back most of his lost glory and a lot more producers willing to finance him.

Exemplary performances according to me where (in order of my preference)
  1. Abhimanyu Singh as Bukka Reddy
  2. Shotgun as Shivaji - The make up was so good that one can see quite a resemblance with NTR
  3. Vivek Oberoi as Pratap Ravi / Paritala Ravi
  4. Kota Srinivasa Rao as Nagmani
  5. Radhika Apte as Nandini
For all those not well versed with Hyderabad, the movie does provide a bit of Hyderabad darshan as well with glimpses of Andhra University and Osmania University.

I feel this is going to the Annals of History as a great RGV flick at par with Shiva.
Rating: 4/5 (deducted 0.5 for raspy narration and loud background music)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

For folks who dont know, Shotgun's close aide ( Tanikella Bharini) is Chandrababu Naidu ( Ex-CM of AP)
This was the exact thing I told Rajesh when Ramamurthy was introduced on screen.

I also liked the names of the hoodlums called out by Vivek to his Lunch Party and Shotgun's trademark dialogue "Topic is Over"

Last edited by MileCruncher : 23rd October 2010 at 12:02.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 12:02   #1228
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Watching Rakt Charitra! I hate the commentry done in the background but i love the way he has shown politics! Or atleast what was happening in india
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 20:13   #1229
Senior - BHPian

Do Dooni Char

What a delightfully brilliant movie. Some superb performances by the whole cast and a wonderful setting - very real.

Rishi Kapoor is the heart and soul of the movie and he delivers a knock-out performance ably supported by real life wife Neetu Kapoor (I wanted to see more of her in the movie). The 2 kids deliver a zingy and zany performance.

The music is so-so, really not required in a movie like this.

Verdict - 4/5
. A must watch.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 01:04   #1230
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw Udaan

Nice movie, shows the life of a mischievous who aspires to be a writer while his strict father wants him to be an engineer. although the movie is good with good performances.

3/5
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote