Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 16th May 2005, 12:40   #1
BHPian

Default Fiat Survey

Looks like Fiat is doing some kind of survey on their cars and service networks. I got a call on saturday on Fiat's behalf asking about my car(whether I am satisfied, why I went for this car, Is there any issue with the car or service etc.). Did any one else receive a call like this?
Hope they are trying to do something and things will become better.
sivadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 12:50   #2
BHPian

All I can say is "It's mighty well about time they did it!"
Which Fiat do you have Siva? And has Sundaram's service improved?
superavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 13:29   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi
All I can say is "It's mighty well about time they did it!"
Which Fiat do you have Siva? And has Sundaram's service improved?
I have Petra EL. Like I had mentioned earlier I am happy with Sundaram so far.
sivadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 13:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

There was a guy who had visited me some one year back asking so many questions and I had to fill in a questionnere which ran into around 10 pages. They covered every aspect of the car and the dealer in that survey. I had bought my palio only a few months before that, so, I couldn't reply to some questions. Also, I noticed a few more things from the guy. He asked me to rate the finance arrangement at Sundaram Auto B'lore. Since I hadn't used their services, I told him I couldn't rate him. He pleaded with me to rate it at 80 out of 100, but I flatly refused it on his face. How can I rate something that I haven't used at all? Anyways, he used a pencil to write all my feedback. Hence I really doubt the authenticity of all these surveys. If Fiat makes a genuine survey, they can atleast know what their customers think of them. Hopefully this survey is genuine and they take your answers into consideration.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 13:43   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Standard procedure for most cars where the dealership or a manufacturer rep will call to check.

A funny incident on these lines. After every service, Linkway Honda would call to check if I am happy with the service. And the first two times, I was indeed satisfied with their service so the conversation went as would be standard practice.

And then it happened - After my third service with them, the Vtec came back with a rattly rear seat. So when the lady called to check if I am happy, I replied in denial and she didnt know what to do!!!! She said she will call back but never did.

I guess they didnt have a system in place to handle a NO to their question. For the record, Hondas service stations in Bombay are running severely overcapacity.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 13:50   #6
BHPian

I have owned a Fiat for the past 5 years and as far as i know this survey has been happening regularly. Over the past 5 years the quality of workmanship in the dealership is a bit better and the cost of spares has come down. But the mechanics need a long way to go. They are totally incompetent to deal with a car as advanced as the Palio.
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2005, 15:00   #7
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
For the record, Hondas service stations in Bombay are running severely overcapacity.

GTO
Fully agree with this. Earlier before the NHC, I could take my car withouht prior appointment & be assured that the car would be delivered the same day but of late even after taking appointment there are chances that I don't get my car on the same day. This is despite the fact that Linkway has 2 service centres!
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote