Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: what kind of job u do?
Conventional 66 67.35%
Unconventional 34 34.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th January 2007, 09:22   #61
BHPian

Just an addition..
<- I work On the stuff in my avatar.. Itz a 5.7L 210HP.. Truck Crdi Engine.. I suppose the first commercial vehicle CRdi in India .. Out This Year.. Hopefully...
Jomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2007, 15:36   #62
BHPian

Techie by profession..working as one of the directors of a SME into IT in Bangalore.
menonrajesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2007, 16:42   #63
BHPian

Computer Engr. by degree....working currently in the wireless test & measurement space.
vezj420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2007, 16:45   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendi View Post
I am a Mechanical Tool and Die Maker... that means we help in developing all plastic and sheet metal components for almost all industries. I am primarily into development of Automobile Plastic Moulds designs and manufacturing [in Japan currently]
Are you from NTTF or GTTC Mendi?
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2007, 22:10   #65
BHPian

i am an architect (not software but buildings related) having my own practise in delhi
shivmarwaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 10:45   #66
BHPian

Red face What job are you in?

Hi All,

The HR bug in me has started to bite me yet again, and I propose to all of you that since we share the same passion for cars, adventures, and what all, heck, we are TBHPians, why not start a thread that builds a kind of database as to what job we are in.

The aim, going forward could be at viewing TBHPians as prospective employees in a job opening in other TBHPian's companies, etc.

What do you guys think?

I will start with mine:

1. Age : 25 years
2. Qualification : B.Sc.(Delhi University) + MBA (HR) I.P.University
3. Post Qualification Experience : 2 years 2 months
4. Current Organization : Xansa India Limited
5. Current Location : Noida
6. Willingness to relocate : Will Consider

All comments appreciated. It is just a proposal, if it is not very fruitful, MODS please delete this thread.
cutdcrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 11:08   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Your Job: Have you lived your dream?
yes.

If it wasn't this I'd either be a writer (bhookha-nanga) or musician (bhookha-nanga).

Wait I can still be both... No, not bhookha and nanga!
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 11:15   #68
Team-BHP Support

No complaints at all with my job. We've both been good to each other.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 11:38   #69
Senior - BHPian

NAME - VARUN KOCHAR / 25 Years Old / Married ( Yes It's True !! )

OCCUPATION - BUSINESS - Exporting Leather Footwear / Factory in Agra / Also have a Buying House in the UK / Procurring footwear from different places in India and exporting them direct / indirect to UK. ( All designer brands in our kitty as well !! )

I got into this business with my father & unfortuantely when he passed away 2 years back, so I had to get into it full time. Well I have never looked back ever, I LOVE MY Work, It gives me the oppurtunity to go to Fabulous places all over the world, meet people from all over. It pays well. All in all its a hard & honest days work.

I would
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 11:44   #70
BHPian

Default pretty CONVENTIONAL

hmm.... 34 yrs ago....dad started an engineering firm seeing a boy baby!! So... obviously... had to liveup to his dreams! We are into manufacturing of Transformer Tapchangers.
Joined him in business as a Mechanical Engineer having an MBA in Mktg! Ugh...There after it was tough days all through....

But still....Really lived thru my dreams when I was assigned to start our new firm in Peenya - Bangy!! But again... had to part Bangy as and when my Bro came out from BMS.CE-Bangy to takeover the charge of that firm!
I was pulled back to Kerala firm immediately and now living thru my life back in Cochin!
Have a dream project in mind... still working on it... once executed...will live in dreams for the rest of my life!

Last edited by nikkibike : 17th September 2007 at 11:51.
nikkibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 12:54   #71
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I always dreamt of having something to do within the Indian car industry, maybe on the lines of a car dealership or a high-end service center. Though that didnt work out (period), Team-BHP did . To be administering a community that makes a difference, gets enthusiasts together, shares its knowledge and helps just so many people is satisfying. Yes, Team-BHP is living my dream.

On the monetary side, I am an entrepreneur within the international education industry. There's great people in my office (team members and clients alike), the atmosphere is lively, everyday brings up newer ideas & implementations and the only way we know to move is forward. We love what we do.

During my MBA, I dreamt of being happy in what I do and making an XXX amount of money. Both achieved....so an astounding Yes!! I am living my dream.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 16:58   #72

Conventional :

If I have yet lived it or not - don't know, am not in a hurry to decide!! Will give it some time as of now.

About what i do - I work as a Reliability Analyst for a major turbocharger manufacturer (mostly commercial applications, not passenger cars....how I wish we diversify soon). Education : B.E. Industrial + MBA, have worked with Tata before this job. Though I have not come to the popularly inevitable stage of 'stagnation' at my company (CTT), I quite like what I do as of now. It's quite interesting and challenging at times and am learning a lot. I'm married and my wife works as a sub-editor at an English daily. Yes, we're DINKs.

But no, I don't think this is my dream. My dream would be to work in a huge farm to grow lots of fruits, crops, raw material for Herbal Medicine, etc. and sell the produce in cities, driving my pickups and MUVs. Maybe I'll tend a vineyard too. I even know which are the places I can settle around Pune. I need at least half a dozen dogs on the farm who'll take care of the various animals like sheep, cattle. Let's put in some horses too. Ahhh...daydreams...Still under development, will materialise soon...
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 20:42   #73
BHPian

good to see that this thread has been revived after a long time. hope the newer members can add more.
manaa45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 21:02   #74
Senior - BHPian

Default Voted unconventional

Started off as an electrica engineer, first job selling wireless equipment, then got into the electrical field working in a 220kv substation (yes, have seen our own ITPL in its infancy),
Then started my own contracting firm, erecting and commissionong high voltage equipment, got into energy auditing.
Somewhere down the line, after a lot of travel to places in the boondocks, got to helping mom with her hobby of owning a farm, soon got into it full time and YES! now I am a full time Poultry Farmer.

I am currently enjoing my work but still feel I have to diversify and do much more. Hoping for the best.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 21:08   #75
BHPian

Being a Petrohead since i was small I always wanted to do something related to the auto field but that dint work out all that well in the beginning and being a mechanical engineer i got into Hydraulics. That went on for a year. Now my dream has been fullfilled as i now work as a National Account Manager for Ford, Hyundai, BMW, Renault - Nissan - Mahindra, Toyota(all south zone AutoManufacurers) for various technologies (Hydraulics, Electric Drives, Pneumatics, Linear Guideways) for my Company (Bosch Rexroth)

I am new to this job profile and i enjoy every bit of of it.I absolutely relish my job as i got to visit TATA (chinchwad, Pune) and Mercedes Benz Sindelfingen (main plant) in Stuttgart. That Benz visit was one of the most amazing experience's in my life. Got to see the complete Final assembly of the S class (these guys assemble 194 cars in a span of 8 hrs - 1 shift duration, cras which are exported all over the world including India. With various engine options including the AMG!). It was mindblowing and i was amazed to see Robotics and precision at its very best. I had a sore neck almost trying to cover the place with my limited time i spent there. I am completly enjoying!

Last edited by redrage : 21st September 2007 at 21:16.
redrage is offline   Reply With Quote