Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2014, 02:41   #556
Senior - BHPian
 
Anand123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 1,907
Thanked: 2,531 Times
Default Re: The Regional movies thread!

Watched Mammootty's new movie Gangster. I knew the film would be bad but still had some hopes on Aashiq Abu, but was disappointed. Mammootty doesnt have anything to do other than simply looking here and there. He hardly has any dialogues too. Moreover, he looks so week and tired in most of the scenes. Sekhar Menon of Da Thadiya plays the villain and he got more screen space than the hero. Claimax was a big let down. Cinematography was the only plus point. I wish Mammootty stops doing these kind of crap films made just for the fans and start doing roles which suits his age and health.

My Rating- 4/10.
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 22:33   #557
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,227
Thanked: 7,776 Times
Default

Watched Malayalam movie 7th day. Another good thriller from prithvi. Pretty good watch. Good show from prithvi. Liked it better than memories.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 00:22   #558
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,454 Times
Default Re: The Regional movies thread!

Much awaited Kannada movie after Lucia and Simpleag Ondu Love Story is ULIDAVARU KANDANTHE ( As seen by the Others )

Anyone who can review the movie here please.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 00:48   #559
Senior - BHPian
 
Anand123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 1,907
Thanked: 2,531 Times
Default Re: The Regional movies thread!

Watched 7th day. A good suspense thriller. Brilliant performace by Prithvi. Watch it before someone tells you the suspense.
My Rating- 7.5/10
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 07:59   #560
Senior - BHPian
 
zenren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CLT/TVM/HYD
Posts: 2,576
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Watched Mammootty's new movie Gangster. I knew the film would be bad but still had some hopes on Aashiq Abu, but was disappointed. Mammootty doesnt have anything to do other than simply looking here and there. He hardly has any dialogues too.
Someone compared it to Big B and it was mentioned that this film has incorporated some of the recent trends that have come to the industry after the Big B was released. From your review, it looks like these changes are like the "mudra" that Salim Kumar refers to in Chathikkatha Chanthu!
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 21:38   #561
Senior - BHPian
 
Anand123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 1,907
Thanked: 2,531 Times
Default Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Someone compared it to Big B and it was mentioned that this film has incorporated some of the recent trends that have come to the industry after the Big B was released. From your review, it looks like these changes are like the "mudra" that Salim Kumar refers to in Chathikkatha Chanthu!
They've tried to make it in a hollywood style but failed big time since the script itself was too weak.
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 14:18   #562
BHPian
 
sandeep3in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 202
Thanked: 42 Times
Default 7th day

watched 7th day , a good thriller and a good performance from Prithvi .

I would rate 7.5 /10.

One thing to highlight is the shooting location , fantastic .I believe it was shot at the high ranges looks like wagamon and areas near by.
sandeep3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 03:41   #563
Senior - BHPian
 
Anand123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 1,907
Thanked: 2,531 Times
Default Re: The Regional movies thread!

Watched Dileep's new movie Ring Master. It tells the story of a dog trainer and his relationship with a dog. Overall, there isnt much of a story but just some situations created to generate humor. Its supposed to be a festival entertainer and does that job fairly. The movie is much better than Dileep's previous movies. Take your family along; kids would enjoy this one.

My Rating- 6.5/10
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2014, 09:01   #564
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,649
Thanked: 1,373 Times
Default Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Watched Mammootty's new movie Gangster. I knew the film would be bad but still had some hopes on Aashiq Abu, but was disappointed. Mammootty doesnt have anything to do other than simply looking here and there. He hardly has any dialogues too. Moreover, he looks so weak and tired in most of the scenes. Sekhar Menon of Da Thadiya plays the villain and he got more screen space than the hero. Climax was a big let down. Cinematography was the only plus point. I wish Mammootty stops doing these kind of crap films made just for the fans and start doing roles which suits his age and health.

My Rating- 4/10.
The jokes based on Gangster is the new hit
Sekhar Menon is also a DJ; goes by the name DJ Sekhar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Watched Malayalam movie 7th day. Another good thriller from prithvi. Pretty good watch. Good show from prithvi. Liked it better than memories.
Pretty good movie. Wonder from where they flicked the story ( know a similar English one but not a straight pick of that.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Watched 7th day. A good su
spense thriller. Brilliant performace by Prithvi. Watch it before someone tells you the suspense.
My Rating- 7.5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Someone compared it to Big B and it was mentioned that this film has incorporated some of the recent trends that have come to the industry after the Big B was released. From your review, it looks like these changes are like the "mudra" that Salim Kumar refers to in Chathikkatha Chanthu!
Someone wrote this' daivathinu ullathu deivathinu, Amal Neradinu ullathu Amalinu '
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 21:17   #565
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,427
Thanked: 6,375 Times
Default Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The jokes based on Gangster is the new hit
Sekhar Menon is also a DJ; goes by the name DJ Sekhar.
Thought he was an RJ!
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2014, 22:28   #566
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 199
Thanked: 34 Times
Thumbs up Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Much awaited Kannada movie after Lucia and Simpleag Ondu Love Story is ULIDAVARU KANDANTHE ( As seen by the Others )

Anyone who can review the movie here please.
Ulidavaru Kandanthe is a neat movie, though some parts needed better editing IMHO. What I enjoyed most was the honest and consistent Dakshina Kannada accent (better half hails from Kundapura! .
Not in the league of Lucia though.
nma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2014, 18:45   #567
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,970
Thanked: 7,027 Times
Default Re: The Regional movies thread!

Watched 7th day. Not bad, but not that great either. Not a patch on Mumbai Police or Memories. Maybe, I was expecting too much.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 01:42   #568
Senior - BHPian
 
Anand123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 1,907
Thanked: 2,531 Times
Default Re: The Regional movies thread!

Watched 1 by Two. It's a psycho thriller. Murali Gopi's performance is superb. Fahad didn't have much to do. Gopisunder's BGM is his excellant. Overall, it's a well made film but not everyone's cup of tea. If you watch films just for 2 hrs entertainment, chances are high that you wouldn't enjoy this one. For me, its a superb movie. Feel sorry for Arun Kumar Aravind; he makes brilliant movies but none of them are accepted by our audience!

My Rating- 8/10.
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 01:59   #569
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,729
Thanked: 15,783 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Watched 7th day. Not bad, but not that great either. Not a patch on Mumbai Police or Memories. Maybe, I was expecting too much.
+1.

7th Day turned out to be an average movie. A once-watch. Prithviraj does full justice to his role, however I just did not feel a connect with the rest of the characters in the movie.

Camera work and background scores were brilliant.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 08:05   #570
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,227
Thanked: 7,776 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Watched 1 by Two. It's a psycho thriller. Murali Gopi's performance is superb. Fahad didn't have much to do. Gopisunder's BGM is his excellant. Overall, it's a well made film but not everyone's cup of tea. If you watch films just for 2 hrs entertainment, chances are high that you wouldn't enjoy this one. For me, its a superb movie. Feel sorry for Arun Kumar Aravind; he makes brilliant movies but none of them are accepted by our audience!

My Rating- 8/10.
Glad to hear this. I had booked tickets just hearing the arun fahad combination. Couple of reviews seemed to indicate it was a bad movie. One review said it was arun kumars gangster equivalent. Now have some hope that I will like it.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to type Regional script in Photoshop? Shan2nu Shifting gears 7 27th January 2010 22:55
Does Use of Parking Sensors Show A Regional Bias vivprasad The Indian Car Scene 32 27th November 2009 17:15
Team-Bhp regional meet mezereo The Team-BHP Meet Section 16 9th June 2008 22:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks