Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 14th April 2009, 14:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the scanned doc. I don't think I've got this detailed a doc.
BTW, what is 'w/o RSA' and 'with RSA'?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 14:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks for the scanned doc. I don't think I've got this detailed a doc.
BTW, what is 'w/o RSA' and 'with RSA'?
That is Road Side Assistance which has been launched only in select cities by Ford. Apparently they will come to your rescue with a mechanic or tow vehicle if required free of cost if you get stranded around town and there is a distance limit of how far they would go.

And well, now you have the doc It looks like their internal communication if you read it completely.
abhi1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 15:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
No discount for taking both years together. Take atleast 1 year. and extend it if you still have the car for the 4th year.
Is it so? I was told by a Ford Service Advisor about a week back that there would be a discount if we go for 2 years together.
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 14:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Is it so? I was told by a Ford Service Advisor about a week back that there would be a discount if we go for 2 years together.
If I remember correctly, they were willing to discount it by about Rs. 200 odd if the warranty was taken at one go for 2 years. It did not make much sense.
Old 26th May 2009, 14:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
If I remember correctly, they were willing to discount it by about Rs. 200 odd if the warranty was taken at one go for 2 years. It did not make much sense.
True that, for Rs200/- discount it doesnt make much sense. However, if they do hike the price for warranty after a year, I guess there is some gain!!!
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 15:13   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
True that, for Rs200/- discount it doesnt make much sense. However, if they do hike the price for warranty after a year, I guess there is some gain!!!
Man, I didn't think of that . Anyways this warranty and the car insurance comes at the same time in the year and it sure makes my wallet lighter by a long shot. Anyway that's a different story
Old 20th December 2009, 23:47   #22
BHPian

Any one know about the Total Maintenance Plan of ford? It has something called Scheduled and Non-scheduled service . What is it? How much will it cost and is it worth that the extended warranty?
xenxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 08:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

It is a nice thread. I had been through for a while and I would love to read from A to Z. I have extended Warranty for the 3rd year. I am thinking whether to extend or not for the 4th year. The reason was that I might migrate for a new car among the proposed hatchies in pipeline like Polo,BMW's and so on if they are doing well, or to some diesel of Maruti back ,any how change of car will be sure. Is it worth waiting?

Last edited by navan49 : 21st December 2009 at 08:15.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:40   #24
BHPian

My friend went for 3rd year extended warranty for his ford recently. He was offered some 1k off on next service. Check with your dealer as well. BTW, he owns a 1.6 ZXi
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
It is a nice thread. I had been through for a while and I would love to read from A to Z. I have extended Warranty for the 3rd year. I am thinking whether to extend or not for the 4th year. The reason was that I might migrate for a new car among the proposed hatchies in pipeline like Polo,BMW's and so on if they are doing well, or to some diesel of Maruti back ,any how change of car will be sure. Is it worth waiting?

Navan,
Isnt the Ritz satisfying you?
funnyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Abhi,

Great job on getting the Extended warranty done, have a nice an safe journey with your car.
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote