Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2009, 14:38   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
karankapoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: in the car!!!
Posts: 1,679
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

line from a famous hind movie

bade bade shehron mein choti choti baetien hoti rehti hai .
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 15:36   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 219
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

[quote=travelwriter;
Another one

"Never get into a relationship that you cannot break off within 10 seconds" (Maybe not exactly these words but most of it)[/quote]

Could anyone guess this? This also had De Niro in it.
travelwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 16:56   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,965
Thanked: 268 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Rocky one!

Was on TV last week or so!. Punch me if I am wrong!
No. Clue: Its a car movie.
Easy now.
I just realised how very difficult this game could get. Only the catchy, popular statements can be ID'd.

Last edited by nitrous : 1st May 2009 at 16:59.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 17:07   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Juno.
Didn't like this movie. Felt grosse .
Right, O Nitrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
"Never get into a relationship that you cannot break off within 10 seconds" (Maybe not exactly these words but most of it)
DeNiro in HEAT? I think he said "...walk away from in 10 seconds if you feel the heat coming around the corner...". That quote defines his character in the movie, and it is one of the quotes that come to my mind quite often too!
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 17:20   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 219
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
DeNiro in HEAT? I think he said "...walk away from in 10 seconds if you feel the heat coming around the corner..."....!
Correct, sir. We share the same likes, I guess. And thanks for correcting me.
travelwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 17:32   #36
BHPian
 
tortoiseNhare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 524
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

1. Name the movie in which the line "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" appears maximum number of time (not necessarily in the form of dialogue).

2. Name the movie where this dialogue appears, "The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

3. It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?

Last edited by tortoiseNhare : 1st May 2009 at 17:39. Reason: Added No. 3
tortoiseNhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 18:26   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: jaipur
Posts: 33
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

2nd one from The Prestige i think.
JustStarted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 19:03   #38
BHPian
 
vikram18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 615
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
1. Name the movie in which the line "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" appears maximum number of time (not necessarily in the form of dialogue).

2. Name the movie where this dialogue appears, "The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

3. It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?
1. The Shining (Not necessarily a dialogue was a giveaway)

2. The Prestige

3. Blade Runner Saw this very recently so stuck in my mind

Last edited by vikram18 : 1st May 2009 at 19:06.
vikram18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 21:07   #39
BHPian
 
tortoiseNhare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 524
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
1. The Shining (Not necessarily a dialogue was a giveaway)

2. The Prestige

3. Blade Runner Saw this very recently so stuck in my mind
100/100! I think even without the hint for Q.1 you would have got it.
tortoiseNhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2009, 11:49   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Here are three to start today's set

1) "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

2) "Denying our impulses is the same as denying the very things that make us human."

3) "Your enemies will know of your qualities long before you meet them, my friend."
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:08   #41
BHPian
 
ankitahuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon & Delhi
Posts: 886
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Here are three to start today's set

1) "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

2) "Denying our impulses is the same as denying the very things that make us human."

3) "Your enemies will know of your qualities long before you meet them, my friend."
1) Snatch

2) The Matrix

3) "Your qualities will be known among your enemies long before you meet them my friend" - Kingdom of Heaven
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2009, 15:49   #42
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,202 Times
Default

A man as soon as he picks up the phone instead of a traditional "hello" says " Whoever it is, i'll pay you on thursday"

Which movie?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 08:35   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 948
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

[quote=hydrashok;1283789]Nobody? NotThis is a great thread, netchef! Nice way of getting the grey matter to work

quote]

hydrashok: Thanks. Works, doesn't it?

Here's my brain-drain SONG:

"Hand grenades flying over your head
If you wanna survive, get out of bed"
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 08:29   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 948
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Wake up call since the thread has gone to sleep

"Does your dog bite?", to old man in foyer.
'No.'
(fiddles with dog, gets bitten)
"I thought you said your dog doesn't bite."
'It's not my dog!'
netchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 09:13   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 219
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
"Does your dog bite?", to old man in foyer.
'No.'
(fiddles with dog, gets bitten)
"I thought you said your dog doesn't bite."
'It's not my dog!'
Peter Sellers - The Trail of the Pink Panther
travelwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Your favourite song while driving Aditya Shifting gears 1598 3rd May 2017 22:09
BEST SONG for showing off/demoing Car Stereo kb100 In-Car Entertainment 735 7th July 2016 12:22
The Himalayan Song: A song I made for travelers & mountain lovers RevvMusic Shifting gears 3 16th June 2016 16:46
"Jinhe Naaz hai Hind par woh kahan hai"Old famous song fm Gurudatt's film ECM Shifting gears 6 27th July 2006 14:26
Renault Song Manas Int'l Motorsport 3 7th April 2006 00:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks