Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 14th May 2009, 19:02   #16
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Our dealership (in Rajasthan) has already sold a minimum of 5 Safari VX to swamijis, so well new age swamis do know how to lead their 'heretic' life. As for the farmers, we one had a person buying a Safari VX who had never bought a car in his life, nor did he know how to drive.

But, our salesman have been warned against ill treating any person, regardless of their appearance.
akhilesh51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 09:03   #17
BHPian

OT: I often see a bearded Swamiji drive a badly maintained LHD Mercedes Benz in Bangalore. Funny Sight it is..lol. Has any one from Bangalore seen this?
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 09:21   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
looked so very rustic and farmer like. However, when the time came to make some payments, their hands went into their half chaddis inside the dhoti's and out came only wads of Rs.500/- notes ! !
I have seen a lot of strange things in India man, like they say : Never judge a book by its cover.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 09:23   #19
Team-BHP Support

Today's swamiji's have wealth and power, they run Medical/Engg colleges that take huge donations. So they are not any different than rest of us, anymore. But, 15L on a Swift? Now, that's a sign of easy money. Charity towards car modifiers...
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 09:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Went to Mandya some time back on some loan disbursement work and all the four or five people we met at the bank there looked so very rustic and farmer like.....We also later realised they had come in a Lancer and a Corolla !
Thats one of the most 'fertile' and richest agro belts in KA man!
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 09:55   #21
Team-BHP Support

Vatsa, yeh Kalyug hai. So if you want a mercedes, and loads of money, forget the B-school, and start an ashram!
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 13:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

15lakhs for Swift + mods !! What mods did the Swamiji want on his Swift? OZ wheels, Twin Turbos, FFE ? He would be an After market shop's dream come true.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 13:47   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Thats one of the most 'fertile' and richest agro belts in KA man!
Kolhapur's sugar belt - One of the highest concentrations of Mercs in India even today.
Rich agro belts do have a story of their own which we are oblivious about and we only look at what we see in so called "Posh" areas of the cities.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 21:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Vatsa, yeh Kalyug hai. So if you want a mercedes, and loads of money, forget the B-school, and start an ashram!
Good idea, Tanveer. Now I know what to do if I decide to pack my bags & head back to India.

But Rs 15 lakhs on a Swift? Did the Swamiji want 3 of them put together for that amount?
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 23:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Our dealership (in Rajasthan) has already sold a minimum of 5 Safari VX to swamijis, so well new age swamis do know how to lead their 'heretic' life. As for the farmers, we one had a person buying a Safari VX who had never bought a car in his life, nor did he know how to drive.

But, our salesman have been warned against ill treating any person, regardless of their appearance.
actually what i have seen here in rajasthan and gujarat is that, swamiji doesn't even need to go to showroom, they are delivered to their ashram by thier so called bhakts.

Have you ever wondered why swamijis have so many millionaire bhakts.??
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 00:22   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Theres a diff here, a shabby looking rich farmer could have hundreds of acres under him (which explains why he is able to spend so much).

But I always thought Swamiji's were the ones who sacrifice materialistic things to live a simple lifestyle. So how can a person like this even dream of spending 15 lakhs on a car?

Shan2nu
he is sacrificing someone's hard earned money/dakshina for the benefit of the economy...in times of a recession one must encourage spending so the wheels of the economy keep moving you see..he is doing his bit to rid the world of its ignorance and recession..see the bigger picture my man..see that which is not apparent ...
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 02:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
......But I always thought Swamiji's were the ones who sacrifice materialistic things to live a simple lifestyle. So how can a person like this even dream of spending 15 lakhs on a car?

Shan2nu
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
actually what i have seen here in rajasthan and gujarat is that, swamiji doesn't even need to go to showroom, they are delivered to their ashram by thier so called bhakts.

Have you ever wondered why swamijis have so many millionaire bhakts.??
Have we forgotten Rajneesh (Osho) and his fleet of RRs on his ranch in the US. Not to forget Maharishi (of transcendental meditation fame) and his jets, helicopters, swiss chalets, TV channel, university etc.

Damn, where is my copy of "How to win disciples and influence them?"

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 08:00   #28
BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Talk about Swamiji's and money, 15laks for modding a car! Man, that guys has some serious rich taste!!!
Or may be extremely BAD mathematics.

Or good salesman ship, In the US some PC companies sell the BEST TOP END laptops to very old people to make quick, easy money, whose requirement is only to read and send e-mails

Else, a cheesy explanation

- <Swamiji> Instead of seating 4, ensure the car can take 12
- <Sales person> Possible, but you need to spend additional amount on
1) Chasis strengthening
2) Suspension upgrade, we will give you the original WRC setup
3) Extended body shell for more space
4) We are for customers, anything you want will be in

- Since my wishlist is 3 times my expectation of the car ..
- 3 times 5 lakhs == 15

Last edited by raajks : 16th May 2009 at 08:03.
raajks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 18:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

couldn't he just go for a innova the people there would have treated him well so no probs !!
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 22:47   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Damn, where is my copy of "How to win disciples and influence them?"

Cheers,
actually it starts like this. Say ten people comes to swamajis asking for so called ashirbad . Out of ten there is a 99.9% chance of success of atleast one of them. That one will tell 50 more people, hence so forth. Got the general idea.
After that gifts comes pouring in. And after you become friendly with swamijis its pure business. Washing bhakts money. Its all mutual you know.
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote