Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2009, 12:35   #1
BHPian
 
theodore_ftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 122
Thanked: 0 Times
Unhappy Adieu to TBHP Hyderabad Chapter

Well the time has come for me to say ‘Adieu’ to my T-BHP Hyd gang.

I will be moving to Pune shortly (I’ve got a bus to catch this Sunday 17th May from Miyapur X Roads) to join a new company. I will however be commuting every weekend to Hyderabad for the time being as my stuff and everything will be here. A complete move is planned towards the end of June ending with a final drive to my destination with my wife and pet in the car (in the true spirit of a T-BHPian).

It has been a very enriching experience staying @ Hyd and spending time with the gang. You guys made this place more homely to me than anything else! To be honest with you guys, I have actually spent more productive time with you guys than @ office. I still remember me and Rajesh driving @ Nagarjuna Cirlce (Feb 2008), watching the T-BHP sticker on Mobike008’s car and me waving out to Mobike008 and asking him his T-BHP ID to hook up with him. And then Tirthankar also pinging me post that welcoming me to Hyd (though he was pretty new to Hyd himself).

And of course who can forget the first drive that we had taken to Nagarjuna Sagar in April 2008! We all met up @ Genpact and started introducing ourselves and then went on with the drive. Post us having our fill we decided to check our sound systems which pretty much left the other visitors wondering what was happening. And then of course all the countless drives that we went and the ones we missed.

I think I have enjoyed this stint a lot more than what I thought possible initially. I will definitely try and make it over the weekends if I can to catch up with you guys on your future meets!

I cannot even start mentioning the names of the T-BHPians that I will miss here so I will not. But I’m sure we will stay in touch as always. My email id remains the same - amitmerwar@yahoo.com so please feel free to email me or PM me. I will share my new contact details once I get them myself.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th May 2009 at 13:09. Reason: we dont allow such jokes on forum, please be careful next time onwards, thanks
theodore_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 12:46   #2
BHPian
 
suren181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 847
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Oh, thats quite a twist Amit, Gonna miss out on all the humor that you have been blessed with and we were able to imbibe on those numerous meetings that we had.

As they say one person's loss is another's gain. Pune guys listening? Coming towards you is a bundle of fun welcome him to the gang and you would see what we (Hydians) are going to be missing so much.

However all the very best Amit, for your future at Pune.
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 12:50   #3
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Very well written and filled with heartfelt appreciation Amit!.Although i've not interacted much, i wish you the very best in Pune and hope that you're one of many Hyd T-bhpians who wouldn't loose out on memories just because you've moved on.
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 13:01   #4
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

right said arun and suren sir . monday onwards the cubical next to me would be so silent man.( used to having the daily dose of laughter with the silly/witty one liners)

pune folks if you are reading this ,you sure have a funny bone full of character coming your way.

here's wishing amit all the very best for his stint in pune( he tells me he wants to settle down there plus there are so many weekend getaways including mumbai around pune)

i am sure he'll want to go to places like area 51,pyramids,german bakery when in pune to start with

later on we can do a hyd-pune meet dude
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 14:51   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,201
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default

Amit, it is sad to know you are leaving Hyd. Anyways, Pune is not far away. We could even think of a Hyd-Pune midway meet

Best of luck to you!
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 15:17   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,787
Thanked: 814 Times
Default

Good Luck Amit for all your future endevors.We shall miss you and you shall be missing the Satyam gupshup too.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 18:10   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
alpha1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: P00NA
Posts: 1,613
Thanked: 949 Times
Default

good luck, i made a similar move 2 years back.
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 00:58   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
Ravveendrra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,391
Thanked: 404 Times
Default

Suren, Arun & Rajesh have said it all, (kambakhat - doosroon ko bolne ka mauka hi nahin deyte, yeh logaan).

Amit, I will miss you and your easy going, cheeful presence at our meets & drives.

Do keep in touch - maybe we can do a Solapur meet or even a Baramati meet. What say guys?

Cheers man and best of luck,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 10:38   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 196
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Amit, my best wishes to you in your new endeavor. It was a pleasure knowing you.

Your ride would always stand out from the rest for its funky styling..keep it that way.
zen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 15:12   #10
BHPian
 
theodore_ftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 122
Thanked: 0 Times
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
Welcome to Pune and thanks for joke !
@Idea1979 - Thanks...will meet up once i settle in. PM me your #.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Oh, thats quite a twist Amit, Gonna miss out on all the humor that you have been blessed with and we were able to imbibe on those numerous meetings that we had.

As they say one person's loss is another's gain. Pune guys listening? Coming towards you is a bundle of fun welcome him to the gang and you would see what we (Hydians) are going to be missing so much.

However all the very best Amit, for your future at Pune.
@Suren181 - Dont worry, i'm only a drive away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Very well written and filled with heartfelt appreciation Amit!.Although i've not interacted much, i wish you the very best in Pune and hope that you're one of many Hyd T-bhpians who wouldn't loose out on memories just because you've moved on.
@absynthguzzler - Memories are what i am taking (besides my ride) and hopefully many more to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
right said arun and suren sir . monday onwards the cubical next to me would be so silent man.( used to having the daily dose of laughter with the silly/witty one liners)

pune folks if you are reading this ,you sure have a funny bone full of character coming your way.

here's wishing amit all the very best for his stint in pune( he tells me he wants to settle down there plus there are so many weekend getaways including mumbai around pune)

i am sure he'll want to go to places like area 51,pyramids,german bakery when in pune to start with

later on we can do a hyd-pune meet dude

@Rajesh Rawal - You still have Daddu to give you company dude...Dont forget the '2 Wheeler Farewell' thats coming up. Lets hope the settling down part happens man. Hyd-Pune Meet is on the blink. Strangely you didnt mention Aishwarya Farms in the list of places to visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Amit, it is sad to know you are leaving Hyd. Anyways, Pune is not far away. We could even think of a Hyd-Pune midway meet

Best of luck to you!
@vnabhi - I'm sure we'll come up with one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Good Luck Amit for all your future endevors.We shall miss you and you shall be missing the Satyam gupshup too.
@hillram - Sachcham gupshup i will track through the Media (since they seem to release it even before the employees know about it). And of course PMs will still keep me updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
good luck, i made a similar move 2 years back.
@alpha1 - Lets catch up sometime. I will of course need some assistance with the logistics of settling in so please PM your # to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Suren, Arun & Rajesh have said it all, (kambakhat - doosroon ko bolne ka mauka hi nahin deyte, yeh logaan).

Amit, I will miss you and your easy going, cheeful presence at our meets & drives.

Do keep in touch - maybe we can do a Solapur meet or even a Baramati meet. What say guys?

Cheers man and best of luck,
@Ravveendrra - You know what they say....'The early bird catches the worm'....But dont worry dude, the mid way meet is not far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Amit, my best wishes to you in your new endeavor. It was a pleasure knowing you.

Your ride would always stand out from the rest for its funky styling..keep it that way.
@zen91 - Thanks man. Will share the upgrades as and when they happen .

BTW for those of who missed out my parting joke...It was a 'Little Johnny' joke so was expecting it to be deleted. RR can share it offline with you guys.
theodore_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 09:46   #11
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post

@Rajesh Rawal - Strangely you didnt mention Aishwarya Farms in the list of places to visit!
not sure that place is still on dude! why dont you venture out with the puneri gang and let me know( one reason to visit you then)
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 09:50   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
himanshugoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: !!!!
Posts: 1,975
Thanked: 964 Times
Default

amit, you will surely be missed on the meets! good luck with your move to Pune, and as you rightly said, Pune is just a drive away!
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 16:24   #13
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,514
Thanked: 7,183 Times
Default

Hi Mr.Theordre_Ftw ( that's how i address him when i receive his phone call and he too echoes back...Hello Mr.Mobike008...find that quite amusing)

I must confess that a major wit quotient is moving away from Hyderabad to Pune. Your one-liners, quiry smile and that mischevious tone in your voice is something i will always remember ( knowing you a bit more than most of the other folks from Hyderabad).

Now we are left with only 2 funny bones in HYD CUG

Rajesh Bhai and Suren Chief !!!!!

Sorry, i could not meet you before you left ( though sent you quite a few pings on gmessenger...but, i guess you were busy) as i was out of town. Let's not make the distance a hindrance to keeping in touch. Besides, i need a place to crash whenever i am in pune... Also, do keep in mind my name if you need someone in sales...haha !!!

Jokes apart, Wish you the best of everything and especially in your new job/role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
I still remember me and Rajesh driving @ Nagarjuna Cirlce (Feb 2008), watching the T-BHP sticker on Mobike008’s car and me waving out to Mobike008 and asking him his T-BHP ID to hook up with him
That was quite memorable. First time ever hooked up with a couple of awesome guys right on a crossroad
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 21:45   #14
BHPian
 
theodore_ftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 122
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
amit, you will surely be missed on the meets! good luck with your move to Pune, and as you rightly said, Pune is just a drive away!
Thanks Himanshu...Dont worry i'm back @ Hyd the next couple of Weekends so will meet up with you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hi Mr.Theordre_Ftw ( that's how i address him when i receive his phone call and he too echoes back...Hello Mr.Mobike008...find that quite amusing)

I must confess that a major wit quotient is moving away from Hyderabad to Pune. Your one-liners, quiry smile and that mischevious tone in your voice is something i will always remember ( knowing you a bit more than most of the other folks from Hyderabad).

Now we are left with only 2 funny bones in HYD CUG

Rajesh Bhai and Suren Chief !!!!!

Sorry, i could not meet you before you left ( though sent you quite a few pings on gmessenger...but, i guess you were busy) as i was out of town. Let's not make the distance a hindrance to keeping in touch. Besides, i need a place to crash whenever i am in pune... Also, do keep in mind my name if you need someone in sales...haha !!!

Jokes apart, Wish you the best of everything and especially in your new job/role.



That was quite memorable. First time ever hooked up with a couple of awesome guys right on a crossroad
@ Mobike008 - Yeah that was pretty chaotic but you know how it is with us drifters.....from one town to the other in pursuit of > $. I'll send out my new contact details shortly.
theodore_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 21:51   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
pulsar56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,175
Thanked: 319 Times
Default

Amit, All the best and do keep in touch. Ab mereko bolne ko kuch bachaich nahin! Will miss spotting the zen on Hi-Tec city roads!
pulsar56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adieu to my Honda City CVT - final report wilful Long-Term Ownership Reviews 4 18th April 2012 19:03
Arjun Balu bids adieu to Motorsport discoverwild Indian Motorsport 3 27th November 2011 11:47
Accent Viva CRDi Dec '04 - Bid Adieu After 106,063 km. SS-Traveller Long-Term Ownership Reviews 54 25th October 2009 19:30
A new addition to the hyderabad chapter of Team BHP saikatmandal04 Introduce yourself 4 29th August 2009 18:17
Sticky situation: Adieu to my Baleno! speed.racer Technical Stuff 10 11th August 2008 12:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:32.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks