Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2009 T-20 World Cup ?
Australia 6 6.45%
Bangladesh 0 0%
England 1 1.08%
India 66 70.97%
Ireland 0 0%
New Zealand 5 5.38%
Netherlands 1 1.08%
Pakistan 0 0%
Scotland 0 0%
South Africa 12 12.90%
Sri Lanka 1 1.08%
West Indies 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15th June 2009, 01:26   #136
Senior - BHPian

Good bye India. I guess Dhoni can go home and do some more adverts for RS5crore a time now.

Throughout this tournament besides Yuvraj none of the others showed anything of note. Dhoni and Gambhir failed to do much in each match they played.

Time to rebuild the team, throw the likes of Jadeja, Gambhir, Dhoni and co in the dustbin. Dhoni has lost it big time and does not deserve to be in the team let alone be captain. They have too much money, not enough motivation, no heart and certainly no pride. Bunch of premadonas.

I voted for SA anyhow so had little faith in the Indian team from the beginning.

Last edited by bigman : 15th June 2009 at 01:32.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 01:27   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
It is pack up time. Really hopeless team we have this year.
We do not have a hopeless team. This year we just had an overconfident attitude and listless approach.
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 01:38   #138
BHPian

Indian team going home. They lost due to plain overconfidence.
Manoj2268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 01:40   #139
BHPian

Yeh cup yahaan nahin aayega.

We lost the game because "we did not loose wickets" in time.
It was sorry to hear Collingwood say that they were booed by Indian crowd on their home ground.
The only saving grace was the attitude shown by Yuvi and Yusuf.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 01:44   #140
BHPian

Goodnight guys, can somebody open up Dhoni wants to instigate kind of a thread tomorrow morning.

Goodnight for now. Cheers.
Bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 01:54   #141
BHPian

okay, we are out, England won by 3 runs :-(
Knight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 01:58   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
We do not have a hopeless team. This year we just had an overconfident attitude and listless approach.
i would concur on this statement
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 10:25   #143
BHPian

OMG, 66% on the poll including me said India would win and now sadly, we are out
kannan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 10:29   #144
Senior - BHPian

I would say Jadeja lost it for us & who is to blame ? Mr. Cool.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 10:33   #145
BHPian

I think Harsha Bhogle said it best during the game yesterday. "The favorites tag and the media hype and the overall pressure from a cricket crazy nation has made a once aggressive and almost maverick team a conservative and struggling one." What made us drop our highest wicket taker in Ojha and opt for a batsman, that too after dropping an effective power hitter in Irfan for the sake of "variety" through Ishant.

Look at Dhoni now and Dhoni from a couple of years back, the difference is enormous. Our batting that was supposed to be a dream team by itself, failed miserably when faced with short pitched deliveries. Nasser Hussain was quite right when he said "I head a lot about these guys from the IPL, but it seems like no one in that tournament bowled short pitch deliveries".

The one person I would blame though for being utterly useless and one of the primary causes for our poor performance in this tournament would be Ishant Sharma. The guy can't bat or field to save his life and now it looks like he can't bowl either. Why in the world was he in the team over Irfan Pathan. Who cares if we have 3 left arm seamers, Irfan is a better batsman, bowler and fielder and I think playing that tall lanky liability over Irfan was a big big mistake throughout the tournament.

Lastly, I am certain that the media will have a field day now considering the way Dhoni has treated them with disdain. They'll unanimously be calling for him to be axed and will blame everyone from the coach to the groundsman. At the end of the entire hullabaloo, someone is going to end up losing their job (kirsten maybe) and some people are going to be dropped (ishant hopefully). And the biggest reason for this aftermath will be the fact that the media itself hyped the team up and raised expectations to atmospheric levels and now that they've been brough crashing down the media will go to the other extreme.
adithyav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 10:36   #146
Senior - BHPian

Media at it again. Hinting MSD should step down. Ah! come on we got the cup last year. It happens.
What if we would have won the match with the same setup. We would have been ga ga over MSD and his risk handling.
Like MSD said, we are an emotional country.
I'd say we are very much hopeful of our team, so much so that we do not consider the fact that it can be another teams day as well.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 10:47   #147
Senior - BHPian

Dhoni knows how good Jadeja is with the bat, sending him in that pressure situation ,he ate up too many balls. He bowled very well, the batting should have been done by others.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 10:52   #148
Team-BHP Support

Don't worry guys. Its a good bunch of players this. Maybe this was the kick they needed. Don't lose heart.

Fullon support to SA now. Its high time they win something major
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 10:53   #149
Senior - BHPian

Can the poll be updated, with those out of the competition removed from the list?
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 10:57   #150
BHPian

All is not over. If India learns from its mistakes(Possible) and the media offers logical reporting over hype (impossible), we could actually have a more mature team that performs better with the same composition!
BenjiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote