Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 5th November 2012, 11:01   #1726
BHPian

Default Re: Which watch do you own

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
May be I'm wrong but I feel it is replica Corum bubble watch. Reason to believe it could be replica because of the print quality and alignment of Corum on the bridge.

Also I referred couple of online pictures to identify the exact model but the mechanism and front face on all the originals have different construction.

Again, I could be wrong but you need take the exact model number and try to compare yourself with available online sources, otherwise send all the serial number and pictures to corum and ask them if they could recognize the watch.
Thanks for the reply! I do think its a replica,the construction is different as you said
giri1.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 10:41   #1727
BHPian

Here's an image of one of the HMT Pilots I picked up recently.
Attached Images

Last edited by voodoochild : 6th November 2012 at 10:43.
voodoochild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 15:47   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Hi guys,I want to find out whether my corum is a real one or an replica.can someone help me out
Even I feel its a replica, but thats purely based on the pic. The font seems way off.

Best way to know whether its a fake is by its weight . The Corum Bubble weighs quite a bit , all Corums do I guess.

Its a lovely watch, I hope I can buy one someday!.
artofzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 20:28   #1729
BHPian

Guys, the strap of my Fossil watch is broke. I took it to Helios and Fossil showrooms in Bangalore, the guys in both the centers said that it will take 45 days to procure the strap and that I need to leave the watch with them.

Would like to know if I can get the strap from somewhere else including online sites. TIA.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2012, 12:20   #1730
BHPian

I have two- one is a Hilfiger Bayside Chronograph which I have for everyday use. Looks like this:

Name:  th1710240_194x194.jpg
Views: 1525
Size:  19.9 KB

The other one, for special occasions, is an Omega Seamaster ST 166.0111 which was bought by my father in 1971. Yes, its more than 40 years old and works fine. This is what it looks like:

Name:  eMuseumPlus.jpg
Views: 1311
Size:  31.3 KB

Problem is, the Day function doesnt seem to be working. As in, I cant seem to change the day. Changing the date and time are fine. Just the day. Would anyone know a reliable place in NCR where I could have someone take a look and hopefully get it repaired. Am fairly concerned about giving this watch to the right place since it is a vintage piece and a family heirloom.
arjyamaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012, 08:10   #1731
Senior - BHPian

I have been a silent observer of this thread, and I think at last, i have a worthy watch to display here. I recently inherited this citizen 7 which belonged to my late grand father.
I searched a lot, but I could not find any details about this particular model other than that most probably, it is made in February 1982.

I am not sure what movement this watch have - if any one here know more details about this watch, please share

Case style: GN-4-S
Serial no: 20200358

Which watch do you own-1.jpg

Which watch do you own-2.jpg

Other than this one, I have a Swatch Irony, which is my daily wear and I have two timex, couple of casios, one alba, one swissstar, one fast track (one of the very first models) and few more watches.
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012, 11:01   #1732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I have been a silent observer of this thread, and I think at last, i have a worthy watch to display here. I recently inherited this citizen 7 which belonged to my late grand father.
I searched a lot, but I could not find any details about this particular model other than that most probably, it is made in February 1982.

I am not sure what movement this watch have - if any one here know more details about this watch, please share
The dial shows 21 jewels, hence it is a mechanical movement.

Normally these watches had a reasonable accuracy, to the tune of +- 10 seconds/day. In some cases it would be better and if you are really unlucky more. The good news is that this can be adjusted by a watch repairman.

Please get the watch serviced and adjusted every two/three years.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012, 17:08   #1733
BHPian

Hi guys,
I recently bought a Tissot PRS200 chronograph online. Its a good looking watch with a gold and silver combination. Looks very elegant and is a little heavy.
patil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2012, 20:50   #1734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
The dial shows 21 jewels, hence it is a mechanical movement.

Normally these watches had a reasonable accuracy, to the tune of +- 10 seconds/day. In some cases it would be better and if you are really unlucky more. The good news is that this can be adjusted by a watch repairman.

Please get the watch serviced and adjusted every two/three years.

Thank you Aroy. I got the watch serviced before I started using it, and the watch is working fine.

When I said I am not sure about the movement, I was hoping to find if the watch have the Miyota 8200 movement or something else.
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 22:20   #1735
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i am looking at buying a seiko solar soon and i have narrowed down on the model.Any experiences on how good their solar watches are?

The model is SNE115P1 , SNE117P1 . Confused .One is bluish dial and another is black dial. Both look good to me! Hence the confusion!
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 23:23   #1736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki
Guys, i am looking at buying a seiko solar soon and i have narrowed down on the model.Any experiences on how good their solar watches are?

The model is SNE115P1 , SNE117P1 . Confused .One is bluish dial and another is black dial. Both look good to me! Hence the confusion!
Hi
My suggestion in case your looking out for a Seiko watch is go online at EBay.com and search for seiko watches. There are 2 famous sellers in Singapore for Authentic Seiko watches. They are at least 30% cheaper than watches available here. This includes shipping through FedEx expedited! I have bought 3 watches from them so far and their eBay names are 1.pokemonyu 2. Premierworld. You may not get the specified model you have mentioned above but still you will find a wide variety of watches. Do check it out and let us know.
zwift1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 09:22   #1737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819

Hi
My suggestion in case your looking out for a Seiko watch is go online at EBay.com and search for seiko watches. There are 2 famous sellers in Singapore for Authentic Seiko watches. They are at least 30% cheaper than watches available here. This includes shipping through FedEx expedited! I have bought 3 watches from them so far and their eBay names are 1.pokemonyu 2. Premierworld. You may not get the specified model you have mentioned above but still you will find a wide variety of watches. Do check it out and let us know.
I've seen great deals on watches on ebay, but am wary of a few things:
- the authenticity of the watch
- warranty and service
- a watch that might look great by itself might not look that good on one's wrist

For a novice like me, it's quite tough to tell apart an original from a well-made copy.

Last edited by one-77 : 16th November 2012 at 09:24.
one-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 11:57   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Hi
..They are at least 30% cheaper than watches available here.....
That saving is negated when it goes thru our customs guys and we are made to pay duty right? We may end up paying the same amount as at any indian physical store, in that case.
Did you escape duty when you purchased ur seikos from singapore?
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 22:28   #1739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide

That saving is negated when it goes thru our customs guys and we are made to pay duty right? We may end up paying the same amount as at any indian physical store, in that case.
Did you escape duty when you purchased ur seikos from singapore?
Ok here it is I purchased a seiko flightmaster which included the cost of watch, FedEx expedited shipping(4working days from SIN) and customs duty of Rs.3200. The total cost was Rs14000 nett. The price here for the same watch was Rs21000. The watches purchased online are auctioned brand new and authentic ones. However they do not carry any guarantee on them as they are imported. The sellers I had mentioned have a positive feedback rating of about 80000 people who have purchased watches from them.
zwift1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 23:57   #1740
BHPian

I want to buy an automatic watch but without the day/date window in dial. Please suggest some in the affordable category. Any such model in sieko? Love siekos.
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote