Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2011, 00:32   #1216
BHPian
 
ramneek009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Which watch do you own

I dont know how i missed this thread.

Here are the beauties i own:
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own-img2011102700075.jpg  

Which watch do you own-img2011121800163.jpg  

Which watch do you own-img2011120200108.jpg  

Which watch do you own-img2011121800164.jpg  

ramneek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 21:09   #1217
TOR
BHPian
 
TOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 263
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Which watch do you own

Got my first G-Shock.


-20Bars(200m WR)
-negative display
-resin/synth strap
-EL backlight with afterglow

Its an old model but surely one of the best stealth g-shocks !
TOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2011, 12:47   #1218
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,097
Thanked: 979 Times
Default Re: Which watch do you own

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sinha View Post
Ah, same dream buddy. The Submariner costs about $7k in the US, so should be approximately 3.5-4L in India, I assume. Someday when I get a large enough bonus, hopefully before I turn 50 too. :-)
Well you can get a discount of at least 20% here in Delhi. Recently visited a high end watch retailer, and found the prices raised to around 3.5L for the submariner and 4L for the Sea Dweller. When I bought my GMT-II in 2006, it was US $4.5K (same for the Submariner) and I paid around 1.85L after discounts. Today it is around $6.5K+.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2011, 16:03   #1219
Senior - BHPian
 
trammway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 210 Times
Default Re: Which watch do you own

Gladly added a Breitling Colt Chronograph Automatic watch with model number A13035.1 in to my daily use

Name:  IMG_2023.jpg
Views: 6643
Size:  72.1 KB
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2011, 16:40   #1220
BHPian
 
ramneek009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Which watch do you own

@trammway

Nice watch mate. Even i thought of buying a breitling but the problem with breitling is that it makes real busy(crowded) dials. Other than that Blue dial loos great.

How much did you pay for this?
ramneek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2011, 16:48   #1221
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 5,304 Times
Default Re: Which watch do you own

The Submariner in Green is one lovely piece. Approx 3.75 lakh at the Rolex shop here in BLR. Worth considering even a pre-owned one which one can get in the market for about 2 lacs or so. Next time in England check out some of the watch and jewellery purveyors in Burlington Arcade or Bond Street. Great place to pick up a well kept, pre-owned, original example at a bargain price along with warranty etc.
Some other lovely timepieces there too - Girard Perregaux, Panerai and Patek to name a few!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Well you can get a discount of at least 20% here in Delhi. Recently visited a high end watch retailer, and found the prices raised to around 3.5L for the submariner and 4L for the Sea Dweller. When I bought my GMT-II in 2006, it was US $4.5K (same for the Submariner) and I paid around 1.85L after discounts. Today it is around $6.5K+.

Great Buy Trammway! I ve got the Chronometer Colt myself and it is a wonderful piece of engineering indeed.
Breitling is a superb, definitive marque!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Gladly added a Breitling Colt Chronograph Automatic watch with model number A13035.1 in to my daily use

Attachment 862387
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2011, 23:23   #1222
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 382
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Which watch do you own

I was thinking of buying a watch for myself for last few days. My father gifted me last sunday this watch (photo from Titan website).
Attached Images
 
gaddiwale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2011, 23:46   #1223
Senior - BHPian
 
trammway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 210 Times
Default Re: Which watch do you own

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
@trammway

Nice watch mate. Even i thought of buying a breitling but the problem with breitling is that it makes real busy(crowded) dials. Other than that Blue dial loos great.

How much did you pay for this?
Hi,

I have been thinking of adding the Super Six(Rolex, Omega, Breitling, Panerai, Tag and Ulysse Nardin) into my collection, luckily Rolex, Couple of Omega and a Breitling are landed well into the box.

The watch shown in my post is a pre-owned Breitling from one of my co-worker's friend and I have got it for for a super deal of $1500(Authenticated by a Watch Maker as well). As getting a chrono with automatic from Breitling looked irresistible.

Last edited by trammway : 31st December 2011 at 23:51.
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2012, 09:32   #1224
BHPian
 
ramneek009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Which watch do you own

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Hi,

I have been thinking of adding the Super Six(Rolex, Omega, Breitling, Panerai, Tag and Ulysse Nardin) into my collection, luckily Rolex, Couple of Omega and a Breitling are landed well into the box.

The watch shown in my post is a pre-owned Breitling from one of my co-worker's friend and I have got it for for a super deal of $1500(Authenticated by a Watch Maker as well). As getting a chrono with automatic from Breitling looked irresistible.
$1500! That's cracker of a deal. I bought rolex datejust 4 months back for $6300.

How much is the max power reserve you are getting in your rolex? my next target
ramneek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2012, 14:58   #1225
Senior - BHPian
 
trammway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 210 Times
Default Re: Which watch do you own

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
$1500! That's cracker of a deal. I bought rolex datejust 4 months back for $6300.

How much is the max power reserve you are getting in your rolex? my next target
Though I haven't measured the power reserve due to multiple watches being worn on a daily basis, I guess my rolex gives approximately over 46 hours if fully charged or wounded state.

I bought the Rolex date just for $3100 (pre-owned) 18K+SS bracelet. The beauty I bought the original box and papers (except the invoice) for $50 ;-)
now I'm planning upgrade my Rolex to president yellow gold model (pre-owned) which are priced at approximately $9000 and + or - $1000 range.
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:10   #1226
BHPian
 
ramneek009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Which watch do you own

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Though I haven't measured the power reserve due to multiple watches being worn on a daily basis, I guess my rolex gives approximately over 46 hours if fully charged or wounded state.

I bought the Rolex date just for $3100 (pre-owned) 18K+SS bracelet. The beauty I bought the original box and papers (except the invoice) for $50 ;-)
now I'm planning upgrade my Rolex to president yellow gold model (pre-owned) which are priced at approximately $9000 and + or - $1000 range.
You have got some great deals

One wrist watch i would love to own is IWC Grande Complication, but i'll have to be born as a billionaire for that.

Why do you want to upgrade your rolex? If i were you i would have completed the super six list first and then upgraded.
ramneek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 05:07   #1227
Senior - BHPian
 
trammway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 210 Times
Default Re: Which watch do you own

Guys,

I have posted a question about about the luxury watches (18k rolex) and reptile skin made watch straps under indian customs experience thread, I would like to have some clarity on those area please find this thread and post your experience in there: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-new-post.html

Last edited by trammway : 4th January 2012 at 05:08.
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 09:54   #1228
Senior - BHPian
 
trammway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 210 Times
Exclamation Re: Which watch do you own

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Gladly added a Breitling Colt Chronograph Automatic watch with model number A13035.1 in to my daily use

Attachment 862387

Opps, guys I lately realized that I have uploaded the picture of another Breitling from internet which I have stored in the same folder of mine. Both mine and the picture posted are same model and the only difference is that the one posted earlier (not mine) has professional 1 bracelet and mine has got professional II bracelet. Also the dial has a difference in minute marker over the hour markers and mine didn't have the minute marker. Otherwise both are Colt Chrono Auromarine automatic models.

Now I'm carefully uploading all my breitling watch pictures, it is real eye candy believe me.

Name:  DSC00800.JPG
Views: 1942
Size:  146.5 KB

Name:  DSC00802.JPG
Views: 1829
Size:  121.9 KB

Name:  DSC00795.JPG
Views: 1796
Size:  82.2 KB

Name:  DSC00794.JPG
Views: 1821
Size:  102.7 KB

Name:  DSC00799.JPG
Views: 1806
Size:  123.0 KB

Name:  DSC00797.JPG
Views: 1784
Size:  84.2 KB

Name:  DSC00796.JPG
Views: 1780
Size:  67.7 KB
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 10:17   #1229
BHPian
 
superutp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 408
Thanked: 157 Times
Default Re: Which watch do you own

A few snaps (including macros) of my watch, Casio Edifice EF543, basically a watch built to look more expensive than it is
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own-dscf3386.jpg  

Which watch do you own-dscf3403.jpg  

Which watch do you own-dscf3404.jpg  

Which watch do you own-dscf3405.jpg  

Which watch do you own-dscf3421.jpg  

Which watch do you own-dscf3432.jpg  

superutp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2012, 23:31   #1230
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,564
Thanked: 10,477 Times
Default Re: Which watch do you own

The car lover's watch. A Titan Zoop. I like the detailing. Gifted this to a nephew of mine who celebrated his 10th birthday a few days ago.
Which watch do you own-dsc07033.jpg
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The wallets thread - Which one do you own joe1980 Shifting gears 32 4th April 2016 00:00
And you thought you had the coolest watch !!! kalpeshc Gadgets, Computers & Software 14 22nd February 2009 13:27
Which Lamborghini supercar would you love to own? Dippy The International Automotive Scene 42 20th February 2008 13:30
Which off these would you preffer to watch? Shan2nu The International Automotive Scene 10 19th March 2004 13:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks