Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 15th July 2006, 17:40   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

A suggestion regarding the web-site itself. Should we have a system of flagging posts, which will notify the mod's about posts that need attention from the mod's ?

Mods, is this possible ? If we have a system like this, a post can be flagged for your attention, and you can check that particular post. This could make your task easier instead of you always having to read the msgs posted to spot a post that would need your attention.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 18:27   #272
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

If it was to report a bad post, already this facility exists. There is a ikon below the member details, take ur pointer to it, it will show " report bad post
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 19:28   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Surprise, thanks for that. Been so focussed on reading the posts, that I had not checked out that icon !
Old 16th July 2006, 14:04   #274
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A suggestion regarding the web-site itself. Should we have a system of flagging posts, which will notify the mod's about posts that need attention from the mod's ?
As Surprise pointed out, this facility already exists by clicking on the "Report this post to a moderator" icon. THe moderator team strongly encourages the use of this facility. Not only does it make our job easier, but it also results in a higher overall standard of the board by bringing to light offences that we may have overlooked.

Member support in reporting bad posts is truly appreciated by the Team-BHP Support team.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2006, 16:55   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of points, though these would have been said before:

1. Quote, when necessary, as much as is necessary. Entire posts being quote are most times not needed. If you still need to, doing a point by point quoting makes things much more clear when others read your posts.

2. Pls use preview when you do a copy-paste of your messages. The formatting/encoding shows up in the post, which makes it not very easy to read.

Thanks guys.
Old 23rd July 2006, 04:55   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville
well, u guys are doing a phenomenal job....great going

i have always had a soft spot for the vintage and classic side of everything automotive, why not a seperate area devoted exclusively to them? i see bits and pieces posted all over the site...

cheers
karl
yea we really need a vintage car section where we can discuss restoration projects etc. currently vintage cars are featured in the supercar section where they dont really belong
khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2006, 08:54   #277
Team-BHP Support

Team,

Talking from my own experience from last week, the forum urgently requires officially designated single points-of-contact from each region - ND, Kolkata, Mumbai/Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai etc. This point-of-contact will be the sole channel for coordination of any Team-BHP activities such as meets. And to keep things democratic, this "regional presidency" revolves every month to different members, via a poll.

Moderators, any feedback about my thoughts above?
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 17:16   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
After seeing lots and lots of threads on What cars with unclear priorities, wishes and preferences and every other thread turning in to a boxing ring, i was thinking how this can be improved.

My idea is like in Market section, have a template for What car section too. This template should have detailed questioniare on the buyer's needs, choice, priorities etc. This may not be a perfect solution, but could be a partial remedy to the problem we have at hand.
I am not sure if this suggestion has caught the attention of mods. Hence reposting it.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 17:34   #279
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am not sure if this suggestion has caught the attention of mods. Hence reposting it.
Its already in. Check the guidelines posted on top of the What car section.

Thanks

GTO
Old 24th July 2006, 18:35   #280
BHPian

Guys,

Wondering if we have / can have a car pool thread. I was stuck in traffic today for more than 30 mins and noticed that most cars around me had only 1 person in it. Imagine the amount of reduced traffic in Mumbai, if we could all help in car pooling.

I would suggest to have a Car Pool thread by Region / Route taken / arrival, departure time.

Any other ideas - pls suggest.
Rishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2006, 13:59   #281
BHPian

Default home aUDIO TOPIC

Hye Moderators,

Can we have a Home Audio Topic... Wud be grt to get soem insight from music lovers..I know this is Team "BHP"..but Home audio is a natural extension of car audio....

Cheers..
sk456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2006, 16:26   #282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi
Guys,

Wondering if we have / can have a car pool thread. I was stuck in traffic today for more than 30 mins and noticed that most cars around me had only 1 person in it. Imagine the amount of reduced traffic in Mumbai, if we could all help in car pooling.

I would suggest to have a Car Pool thread by Region / Route taken / arrival, departure time.

Any other ideas - pls suggest.
Hey Rishi, that's a good idea. Feel free to start a thread on this right away. I don't think an entire sub-forum could be dedicated to this one topic though.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2006, 15:04   #283
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

When I log on to the forum, I will go through the pictures displayed at the members gallery & click at the one that impress me. When Iam finished I will close that page nd then realize I had completely got out of the forum.

This has happened to me many a times. Is it possible to open in a new page rather than loading in the same page.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2006, 15:57   #284
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

How about re-looking a few rules like :

1. Allowing newbies (lots that i know off and are completely hooked) to have their garages .. Right now then dont have the expertise or the knowledge to post in technical sections and hence increase their post count .. Some nice rides missing i must say due to this rule ..

2. Having a leverage for the use of smilies in long posts such as travelogues/drive reports etc etc as plain words lasting a few paras looks absolutely boring ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 3rd August 2006 at 15:59.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2006, 16:35   #285
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This has happened to me many a times. Is it possible to open in a new page rather than loading in the same page.
Right click your mouse and choose "Open in new window".

Quote:
2. Having a leverage for the use of smilies in long posts such as travelogues/drive reports etc etc as plain words lasting a few paras looks absolutely boring ..
Long is a subjective word and we would not be willing to "count" smilies in long posts. Well-written long posts without smilies also look good. Example = This Post

Quote:
Allowing newbies (lots that i know off and are completely hooked) to have their garages ..
BHP Garages are resource hogs, in terms of bandwith and server space. This privilege would stay restricted to BHPians and above. Period.