Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2013, 20:21   #5416
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,251
Thanked: 1,013 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Am facing the same issue too!

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp.png
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 20:24   #5417
BHPian
 
BoneCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: -----****-----
Posts: 951
Thanked: 1,328 Times
Default

Something wrong with the app also.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131111_202946.png
Views: 460
Size:  45.5 KB
BoneCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 20:35   #5418
Senior - BHPian
 
Warwithwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,251
Thanked: 1,013 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

All threads mixed up!

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-capture.png
Warwithwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 23:53   #5419
BHPian
 
iamahunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hopping around
Posts: 180
Thanked: 408 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
All threads mixed up!
Yes i faced the similar issue. Couldn't take any screenshot as that was the office pc.

The important thing is, the whole day website was functioning properly.
This issue came up after the downtime somewhere around 5:30 - 5:45 pm today.

Right now i am using the iPad and not facing any issue as such.
iamahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 16:57   #5420
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,261
Thanked: 22,223 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Rehaan, can't the software send out alerts after the mods approve the newbies posts?
Unfortunately the hack/plugin we have for quote notifications doesn't support this. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
One more suggestion. For the official reviews, is it possible to include 0-60 and 0-100 timings?
We'd love to include these, but I'm (personally) in two minds about it. When measuring something down to tenths or hundreths of a second, what is very important is consistency and accuracy. Given the differences between testing environments (mostly public roads), drivers, weather, set-up etc - i feel like this could cause more problems that it solves. Especially when it comes to the more complicated cars with automatic transmissions and tons of driver aids/restrictions. A test that's off by just a second could be an unfortunate source of misinformation. I'm not saying we'll never do it - but just sharing my thoughts here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
On the same topic, can we hope to get the slideshow back for garage pics?
Yep. We'll have this mended in the next round of fixes/changes we have lined up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Looks like Forum software is acting up in wierd ways.
Sorry about that temporary issue guys.

The site should be working perfectly now (since some time last evening). If you spot anything misbehaving, do let us know.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th November 2013 at 16:58.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 18:51   #5421
BHPian
 
Car_Freak_911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

The private messages link used to turn red whenever I received a pm to notify me when my rank was Newbie. But after my rank changed to Bhpian, its always red even though I have no unread messages.
Just wanted to point out that to you in case you haven't noticed.
Please take a look at that.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-ttttt.png
Car_Freak_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 20:13   #5422
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,801
Thanked: 9,459 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

The forum is banned at work now! It was working fine until one day it was flagged under Blogs section. I am not sure why because some other forums seem to load just fine. I asked our IT support guy to help me out be he expressed his inability to do anything since this has been done from the main servers.

I know this might be in vain but is there any workaround? Even proxies do not work at the workplace. What sadness!
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 14:33   #5423
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,261
Thanked: 22,223 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Freak_911 View Post
The private messages link used to turn red whenever I received a pm to notify me when my rank was Newbie.
Really?

Didn't know this! I guess its been a while since i was a newbie

For non-newbies, the link stays red, but the number of messages shows up in bold when you have unread messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The forum is banned at work now! .... is there any workaround?
Yikes!

Try httpS://.... in the URL.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 14:54   #5424
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,801
Thanked: 9,459 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Try httpS://.... in the URL.

cya
R
Holy hell that worked!

In fact, GTO had sent a response to my mail I had sent him, linking me to a few useful threads on this issue and some proxies. So I was using a proxy until now but the threads would take longer to load with a few other limitations. But this is ingenious! Thanks a bunch Rehaan.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th November 2013 at 15:21. Reason: Saw the image, thanks - however removed it as it might contain identifiable information.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 15:00   #5425
BHPian
 
sourav9385's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: London, U.K
Posts: 435
Thanked: 729 Times
Exclamation Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Howdy folks!

I have a suggestion for the community.
Recently, many threads have been cropping up about detailing and maintaining your car yourself.
Similarly, there are many threads on DIY about audio installs, maintaining your car, etc etc...

Would it make sense to create a separate section for all DIY threads? There can be subcategories such as Under the hood, Exterior, Interior, Tyres, Audio, Lights & Electricals etc etc.
Does that make any sense? That way, if someone wanted to find out a DIY solution to changing the engine oil for their car, or replacing a fused headlamp, or putting up a new head unit, or get rid of swirl marks and get that impeccable paint finish, they simply need to navigate to the appropriate section and look in the respective thread.

I believe this will help our community even more. There are many of us here who would rather do stuff on our own than rely on the not-so-very-competent other person. A simple search for DIY reveals there are atleat 231 threads with DIY in the title alone! Plus, many times, the DIY suggested by the members are downright amazing. Such as the Chevy Beat DIY thread and the Sunfilm Removal thread.

Thanks for reading fellas. Cheers! Let's keep those revs up!
sourav9385 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 15:09   #5426
Senior - BHPian
 
Soumyajit9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 10010
Posts: 1,497
Thanked: 1,657 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Try httpS://.... in the URL.
cya
R
Mr R. - This needs fixing too.

Using https:// disables loading of pictures/images in the thread.
The pictures can be uploaded from http:// or https://, but can be viewed only using http://

Workaround: Right click on the image box > Copy Image URL > Open a new Tab > Paste the URL and add https:// to the URL.

However, in the thread images will never show up with https://.
Soumyajit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 15:16   #5427
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,801
Thanked: 9,459 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Using https:// disables loading of pictures/images in the thread.
Some images however seems to load with https:// itself.

Check this thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...read-1076.html

Snaps posted in post #16134 seems to load fine whereas others don't. Probably because the member hasn't embedded the images within the post.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th November 2013 at 15:17.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 15:22   #5428
Senior - BHPian
 
Soumyajit9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 10010
Posts: 1,497
Thanked: 1,657 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Some images however seems to load with https:// itself.

Check this thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...read-1076.html

Snaps posted in post #16134 seems to load fine whereas others don't. Probably because the member hasn't embedded the images within the post.
Exactly. If the image is not inserted into the post, by clicking on the Image from the Manage attachments icon, then these would show in the post, with a border around them. Also, it would say, "attached thumbnails".
But for those who have inserted the images inline between the posts, it won't show up in https:// link.
Soumyajit9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 11:12   #5429
Senior - BHPian
 
zenren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CLT/TVM/HYD
Posts: 2,576
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Any change done to the font for the forum posts? Not sure if its just me but it looks a little different. Are we rolling out some changes?
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 11:38   #5430
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,261
Thanked: 22,223 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Would it make sense to create a separate section for all DIY threads?
Hi Sourav9385,

Thanks. There are definitely a lot of DIY threads coming up lately. I think it is worth considering a "DIY" sub-section under the main "Modifications & Accessories" section -- however, we'll only get around to evaluating that when the time comes to change around more forum sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Using https:// disables loading of pictures/images in the thread.
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Snaps posted in post #16134 seems to load fine whereas others don't. Probably because the member hasn't embedded the images within the post.
Guys, this is happening because your browser has an option to show or hide the NON-httpS items when you're viewing a secure (httpS) page.

What browser are you guys using? I can tell you what to do accordingly.

Eg. this is what it looks like in IE8. If you say "YES" it will hide, the non-httpS images. If you say "NO" it will show everything.
Name:  Screenshot  20131115113259.png
Views: 349
Size:  13.3 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Any change done to the font for the forum posts?
Nope, no changes.

You might have accidentally changed the zoom setting on your browser? (CTRL+Mousewheel). Hit CTRL+0 to reset it on most browsers.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users! GTO The Indian Car Scene 2619 23rd July 2017 19:58
Office Firewall blocks Team-BHP - Proxying Team-BHP? shreeks Gadgets, Computers & Software 26 27th March 2017 21:05
From a Team-BHP Fan to a Team-BHP Member YNT86 Introduce yourself 5 19th November 2015 22:21
PIC : Team-BHP Stickers on Team-BHP servers! GTO Announcements 48 12th August 2014 16:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:00.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks