Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2014, 22:58   #5536
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,839
Thanked: 7,207 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Quote:
Could we have a separate thread for coupons and discount codes? Keeping give-aways for actual things?
Update : New thread here (The Discount Coupon Thread - Share them here)
Great: always nice to have had a good idea

Quote:
The next time you log in and see this issue, look at the top-right of your screen, where it says "You last visited: xxxxx".

See if that time is accurate (within 60 minutes of the last time you actually visited), or if it is some in-between time.
OK... thanks. Not sure that I ever remember when I last visited the various fora I frequent all day, though!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 16:59   #5537
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,867
Thanked: 9,702 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Is there a way to dig up official reviews of old cars? For example the SX4 or Fiesta 1.6S (If it was reviewed)
Rajeev, a simple Google search works well.

For instance:

1. team bhp + Fiesta 1.6S review - Google Search

No official review but plenty of ownership reviews. Click on 'More results from www.team-bhp.com'.

2. team bhp + SX4 review - Google Search

No official review for the SX4 either. But if there is an official review, it will always show up first in the search results because of the thread hits.

Eg. team bhp + vento - Google Search

I haven't used the forum's built-in search feature so far. Google has worked all the time. Unless some sections are hidden from public view i.e.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2014, 20:04   #5538
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,251
Thanked: 7,946 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Rajeev, a simple Google search works well.

For instance:

1. team bhp + Fiesta 1.6S review - Google Search

No official review but plenty of ownership reviews. Click on 'More results from www.team-bhp.com'.

2. team bhp + SX4 review - Google Search

No official review for the SX4 either. But if there is an official review, it will always show up first in the search results because of the thread hits.

Eg. team bhp + vento - Google Search

I haven't used the forum's built-in search feature so far. Google has worked all the time. Unless some sections are hidden from public view i.e.
Hi Ganesh, thanks for that. But I was more interested in the official reviews. I assume that team bhp would have done an official review of these cars ( or I may be wrong since I was not following the forum back then). Of it had been done I assume it may have been archived or something after a period of on activity. Hence the question.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2014, 13:11   #5539
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,194 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj
Is there a way to dig up official reviews of old cars? For example the SX4 or Fiesta 1.6S (If it was reviewed)
Click on the Reviews tab in the horizontal bar on top of the screen. It will show you every review we have ever done officially, in chronological order. Enjoy!
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2014, 17:28   #5540
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,367
Thanked: 22,582 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Is there a time interval at which the android app of team-bhp is updated?
Greatly depends on when tapatalk releases new "BYO" versions. So its kind of erratic/unpredictable. We'll update it when there are notable new features added to the tapatalk base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Rajeev, a simple Google search works well.

No official review but plenty of ownership reviews. Click on 'More results from www.team-bhp.com'.
You could also do searchterm/s site:team-bhp.com

That will only search the Team-BHP domain.

Simpler yet - you could use the google-powered search box on the top right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I assume that team bhp would have done an official review of these cars
Actually, our first "Official Review" was the Maruti Ritz. Cars launched before that didn't get official reviews, as we hadn't adopted the format yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Click on the Reviews tab in the horizontal bar on top of the screen. It will show you every review we have ever done officially, in chronological order.
What Noopster has mentioned is a great tip for seeing them in order of creation (rather than last replied-to). However, do note that when a model's life ends, the thread gets moved out of the Official Reviews section (I think Laura vRS has been the only one so far).

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 12:27   #5541
BHPian
 
narsi_6989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TN 13/KA 03
Posts: 274
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Guys,

My account is getting logged off every five minutes even though I am browsing through the forum. This is happening since this morning (in both mobile app and desktop). At first I thought there was some problem with my mobile network but the same happening now in my office PC triggered the doubt. Anyone else facing this?

PS: I was not able to post this first 2 times. The 5 minutes was up before I could hit enter I guess. I copy pasted the third attempt
narsi_6989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 18:02   #5542
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,367
Thanked: 22,582 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
My account is getting logged off every five minutes even though I am browsing through the forum. This is happening since this morning (in both mobile app and desktop). At first I thought there was some problem with my mobile network but the same happening now in my office PC triggered the doubt. Anyone else facing this?
Hi Narsi_6989,

That's really strange, especially that its happening on multiple devices.

Can you try logging out, restarting your computer, and then when you log in make sure you click the "Remember me" option.

Let me know if that works...

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2014, 12:52   #5543
BHPian
 
narsi_6989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TN 13/KA 03
Posts: 274
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi Narsi_6989,

That's really strange, especially that its happening on multiple devices.

Can you try logging out, restarting your computer, and then when you log in make sure you click the "Remember me" option.

Let me know if that works...

cya
R
Thanks for the suggestion Rehaan. There seems to be some problem with my office's network and it is getting disconnected randomly for a second or 2. This is the reason I guess.

I did not face any problems in my laptop and also in mobile app today. Problem still persists in office PC :(.
narsi_6989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2014, 20:28   #5544
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 198
Thanked: 145 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

1. We have a strict no-speeding policy in the forums. Yet there are tons of redline and topspeed pics in the galleries. And there seems to be no report button.

2. For the cars which haven't been officially reviewed, can we include the 5* rated member reviews on the Home Page review selector? (with an overlay stating unofficial review/user review) eg. Premier Rio, SX4, etc.

3. Though not important, a better and more comprehensive car selector on the home page?

Last edited by amolbh : 28th March 2014 at 20:34. Reason: minor changes
amolbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2014, 23:36   #5545
Newbie
 
Shanky_Cobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 14
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Respected Moderator,
Can we please have a parked common happy birthday thread?
Wherein we can type our good wishes for one or more members who would be celebrating their birthday on that particular day. Is it possible?
Shanky_Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 13:05   #5546
Senior - BHPian
 
W.A.G.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,095
Thanked: 717 Times
Arrow Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Actually a query, not a suggestion. Are we going to have an official review of the Celerio? Is it in the pipeline?
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 13:12   #5547
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,367
Thanked: 22,582 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
Yet there are tons of redline and topspeed pics in the galleries. And there seems to be no report button.
Ideally, find a post by that same member, report it, and provide a description + a link to the gallery in question. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
2. For the cars which haven't been officially reviewed, can we include the 5* rated member reviews on the Home Page review selector?

+

a better and more comprehensive car selector on the home page?
We might do something in the future that takes care of both of these issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanky_Cobra View Post
Respected Moderator,
Can we please have a parked common happy birthday thread?
Shanky_Cobra, I think "Happy birthday" threads have faded away now. We used to have quite a few, but as the member base grew, the enthusiasm and personalization died away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Actually a query, not a suggestion. Are we going to have an official review of the Celerio? Is it in the pipeline?
A test-drive has been scheduled. IF things go as planned, expect a review by the second half of April.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st April 2014 at 13:13.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 21:14   #5548
Newbie
 
Shanky_Cobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 14
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Shanky_Cobra, I think "Happy birthday" threads have faded away now. We used to have quite a few, but as the member base grew, the enthusiasm and personalization died away.
Sorry, i wasn't aware about it. Its one of the few disadvantages of having a huge member base.
Anyways, thanks for informing me though!
Shanky_Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 18:29   #5549
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,479
Thanked: 3,623 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Have been facing a strange issue off late. I use Google chrome browser and off late the Tbhp site takes very long to open and sometimes just doesn't. I have to then refresh it and then it opens in a jiffy. But again if I click on one thread or some section the same thing happens. All other websites are functioning normally though. Any ideas what might be the problem?
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2014, 16:53   #5550
Senior - BHPian
 
zenren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: CLT/TVM/HYD
Posts: 2,576
Thanked: 1,723 Times
Default Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

I remember that we had a sub section for Auto Expo 2014 during the time of the expo. Where did that get moved to? I wanted to check a few threads but couldn't find it. Can't we keep Auto Expo section like it was so that we have easy access to those threads?
zenren is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users! GTO The Indian Car Scene 2624 21st November 2017 04:27
Office Firewall blocks Team-BHP - Proxying Team-BHP? shreeks Gadgets, Computers & Software 29 16th November 2017 04:54
From a Team-BHP Fan to a Team-BHP Member YNT86 Introduce yourself 5 19th November 2015 22:21
PIC : Team-BHP Stickers on Team-BHP servers! GTO Announcements 48 12th August 2014 16:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:12.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks