Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 22nd June 2007, 00:17   #676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Could we have a search function to list members by the cars they own? Will help owners exchange details or get in touch with each other better. For eg I am doing a survey on some baleno features and would like to get in touch with all the baleno owners in the forum. At the moment I am clueless how to go about it.

For eg in the advanced members search list if we could have an option for cars owned like occupation, interests etc would really help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I dont think there is a way in the BHP Garage ... maybe it is being developed for the next version of the plugin.... ?

BUT, heres a hack way -

Paste the following line EXACTLY as is, in google, and replace xxxxxx with the model/make you want eg. swift or mercedes

xxxxxx "gallery list" site:team-bhp.com

cya
R
I think this is what you want.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 18:40   #677
Senior - BHPian

Default An attempt to make "Tbhp" look better!

Firstly, Mod's i dont know if this is allowed. me being a designer who always looks to make things on screen look good, jazzy, stylish etc so here i am trying to give "Tbhp" logo a new look.

So here are 2 options, do let me know your comments.

lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 18:51   #678
Senior - BHPian

Tbhp has been very informative and helpful to all the members and people who visit this forum seeking information.

yes this forum has been a a great learning place for me, lots of informed people who are always ready to help. share the knowledge what they have. thanks guys

So these logo's are small contribution from my side to the great team out here.
Old 27th June 2007, 19:06   #679
BHPian

nice work..you could give more prominence to the BHP though, cos that's what we are all about!
MalluDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 21:48   #680
Senior - BHPian

Hi GTO,
How about a thread of comparision of specs of similar vehicles like hatchbacks/sedans/SUVs etc...it will enable TBHPn's to have the comparisions of specs of cars any time side by side.....just like DriveIndia.com - Welcome!
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007, 22:18   #681
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Hey Mods/Admin..I wanted to ask One thing..
It may be funny..but then too...
When I saw the "Announcements" sub forum..
The no. of views on different topics..were less than the no. of Members we have..does that mean that every new member never makes his/her way to that topic??
Sorry for wasting your time..I was just curious.
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 12:34   #682
Senior - BHPian

Malludude: thanks, will try to give more importance when coming up with the next version.

btw just one comment, mod's, bhpains waiting to hear from you guys.
Old 28th June 2007, 13:20   #683
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Sorry Mods if this has been suggested before, but after going through this thread ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-thread-4.html (The Auto-Image thread)) and checking out the groovy pix by the stalwarts Rudra and Samurai I needed to ask. Could we have a Calendar made for the year 2008 with these lovely pictures printed on them, of course with their permission.
Hi Suren,

I think NC had a similar idea at the very end of last year, and we did visualize it, but there was not enough time to get it out by Jan 2007. (These were pics of cars taken by members though...not non-auto related...though that is a good idea too!)
Hopefully we can make something materialize for Jan 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Firstly, Mod's i dont know if this is allowed. me being a designer who always looks to make things on screen look good, jazzy, stylish etc so here i am trying to give "Tbhp" logo a new look.

So here are 2 options, do let me know your comments.
Hi Lohithrao,

Nice artwork there...! (though we currently have a logo ... do you not like it? )

I like the first one a lot, in the second one, the prominence of the darth vader grill of the audi is a bit much (not the best grille design according to a lot of people).

Sadly, we arent going to adopt your logo, however, you should post it in this thread (Post your personal Wallpapers here.) so it can be used by other TBHPians as their desktop wallpaper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
.......When I saw the "Announcements" sub forum..
The no. of views on different topics..were less than the no. of Members we have..does that mean that every new member never makes his/her way to that topic??.......
Ahh yes... sad truth isnt it?
Even worse is the fact that 20% of the views must be from the mods :P

What can we do to change this?
- Look at the rules...when was the last time you did?
- Encourage newbies and members who seem to have skipped them to visit them!

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 14:07   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi Suren,

Hi Lohithrao,

Nice artwork there...! (though we currently have a logo ... do you not like it? )

I like the first one a lot, in the second one, the prominence of the darth vader grill of the audi is a bit much (not the best grille design according to a lot of people).

Sadly, we arent going to adopt your logo, however, you should post it in this thread (Post your personal Wallpapers here.) so it can be used by other TBHPians as their desktop wallpaper!

R
@rehaan: thanks, as i have mentioned in my earlier post that i always look to make things on screen look better(thats my profession). so did try to give the "Tbhp" logo a diffrent look, cant change about habbits you see hehe

Will post them there.
Old 28th June 2007, 14:29   #685
Senior - BHPian

@rehaan: Can people use these for stickers? few bhpains were keen on this.
Old 28th June 2007, 17:08   #686
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The no. of views on different topics..were less than the no. of Members we have..does that mean that every new member never makes his/her way to that topic??.......
The most important - Our board rules - have close to 12,000 views. Thats good enough.

And from the recent times, our new FAQ is working like a charm. Good number of hits. The result being that support PMs / Emails have gone down drastically.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 19:22   #687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hi finneyp,

Though that would make some tasks simpler, it would complicate others. We'd rather not have this. If you would like to request a change, just use the "Report this post to a moderator" linky and one of us will do the needful.
I cant find out where this link is.

Can anybody help out?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 19:38   #688
Team-BHP Support

Report this post is at the bottom left of each post next to the online status. It's a small triangle with an exclamation mark inside like the hazard sign. If you click it will report that post after you mention the reason for reporting it.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 19:43   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Report this post is at the bottom left of each post next to the online status. It's a small triangle with an exclamation mark inside like the hazard sign. If you click it will report that post after you mention the reason for reporting it.
Hey Vid.. what triangle with an exclaimation mark? In my page it appears as a rectangular button with the edges smoothened like this

It does appear next to the online status as you mentioned and below your avatar. Am I the only one with a page like this or is there someone else?
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 19:46   #690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Hey Vid.. what triangle with an exclaimation mark? In my page it appears as a rectangular button with the edges smoothened like this

It does appear next to the online status as you mentioned and below your avatar. Am I the only one with a page like this or is there someone else?
For me also it is coming like this. But haven't noticed that before. Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks guys!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote