Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2005, 15:05   #61
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 152
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

[quote=Psycho]Do we just want this to be a forum or more???


8) Change the definition of a Newbie (100 posts? I personally think this should be as per the quality of posts and the duration the person has been a member of the site)



Likewise. Though good listed suggestions overall.

Tarun
Tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2005, 17:21   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,561
Thanked: 80,357 Times
Default

Quote:
I would suggest, have team-bhp.com instead of just the forum. And instead of a site which you have to manage and all, go for a Wiki which all members can edit. http://www.wikipedia.org is an example of what collaborative editing can do! My site is also based on the same wiki(mediawiki) but no public editing allowed .
Thanks TSK1979. Open to discussing this. If you dont mind, could you please PM me your msn id so that we could chat about this. Just have a couple of questions about security, restricted access etc.

Quote:
1) Can we have a section which will list the best price shops in different cities where T-Bhpians are present. This could be formed on the basis of personal experiences.
Superb Techno. Have already spoken to someone about implementing this in the afternoon.

Quote:
2) make an FAQ section, we have most of the people asking for tyres a detailed Q&A can be prepared for which set of tyres for what kinda driving can be laid out. Similar can be done for car audios etc. It may also have the basic DOs & DONTs of car.
This may be difficult as new releases (both in tyres and cars) would make this section outdated within a month. But as you have suggested, we can work toward a basic dos and donts of tyres, audio and cars.

Quote:
3) Can we have have section dedicated only to concept cars.
Team-BHP does not want to end up with having so many forums that it confuses the BHPian. I think international concept cars can be discussed in the international machines section, while Indian (if any) can be put up in the Indian car scene. Hope you understand, we are very finnicky about adding new forum sections.

Quote:

However care needs to be taken that this does not become a free advertising area, and one way to get around that would be for only trusted members to list shops.
Correct. I am sure everyone will agree that we will entrust senior members to provide us names and numbers in their cities. We do not want to turn it into an online yellow page. But we will provide this for sure.

Quote:
There is lot of useful information for any car buyer/enthusiasts in team-bhp.com. But this information can not be searched in web -- via
popular search engines.

We should have some mechanism to have www.team-bhp.com to get
searched from Google/etc.
Suryam, Being on the web search is most important to any board. Google has started indexing us only since the last two months, but rest assured...we are fully working toward maintaining a constant indexing service with them. I agree that the current results are not too many, but it is a great turnout for two months.

Quote:
Do we just want this to be a forum or more???
More, More, MORE! Point taken.

Quote:
1) Specialists Listing of people who can do specific works like engine modding, body mods, aftermarket parts dealers etc by each city
Common modifications section will be implemented.

Quote:
2) Listing and specs of all models of cars in India and prices as per Kelly's blue book
Listing and specs are great and is under implementation. But pricing will require constant updation.

Quote:
3) Space for concept car's or car's to be launched
Concept cars discussed above. Dont you think that Indian to-be-launched cars should be restricted to the Indian car scene?

Quote:

4) Member car mods sections with pics and details by make and model's which could be rated by the moderator's
Thanks. On the way. You do mean as a section of the forum, correct? Or as a separate webpage?

Quote:

5) Used Car and bike listings with pics under a seperate section
Already have a marketplace section. Do you have something else in mind?

Quote:

7) An Events calendar to include team meetings happening in each city
We already have a calendar. I will enable entries from senior members into the Team-BHP calendar.

Quote:
8) Change the definition of a Newbie (100 posts? I personally think this should be as per the quality of posts and the duration the person has been a member of the site)
Done by this evening. The quality promotion cannot be automated but I will see what can be done in terms of membership duration.

Quote:

9) The source file's for the Team-BHP sticker's should be made available to members on line so that they can print them as required.
I have it in jpeg. Would that suffice or some other format?

Quote:
10) Online directory on Decal design's that can be downloaded and printed by any member.
I didnt quite get this. Do you mean team-bhp decals or otherwise?

Thanks a ton for the suggestions so far, and please do keep them coming.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2005, 17:26   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,561
Thanked: 80,357 Times
Default

Psycho, The Newbie to BHPian promotion has been altered. Henceforth, any Newbie who has been a member for 90 days OR has more than a 100 posts will become a BHPian.

Coincidentally Rehaan had suggested the same two weeks back. I just had to understand how to go about it in the software.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2005, 18:00   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
speedsatya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: bangalore/manga
Posts: 3,162
Thanked: 706 Times
Default

we have everyone asking for "which tires,what size".so instead of us giving the sam,e answers repeatedly for every new member,why not make a database on the possible tire upgrades for each vehicle .

why not ask others like methods online ,automech,and other mod specialists to advertise their products here and give discounts to t-bhpians and their friends.in this way they will also be benefitted .also t-bhp can charge a nominal amount from them ,instead of we doin the advertsing for them.

once the basic modsmods like tires,rims,filters,plugsand exhausts for every car is covered ,then we wont have to reply to the same topics like"what tires."or"wat filter"
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2005, 18:12   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,469
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

I wish we could be more than a forum...we can have separate sections on buying parts, cars, accessories by collaborating with the appropriate people.
would also like to add if teambhp memorabilia apart from bumper stickers(caps, t-shirts, keyrings etc) could be introduced.

Even by advertising car-related products on the site, we can get funding. Who wouldnt want to advertise to a community like ours.

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2005, 18:55   #66
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,561
Thanked: 80,357 Times
Default

Quote:
we have everyone asking for "which tires,what size".so instead of us giving the sam,e answers repeatedly for every new member,why not make a database on the possible tire upgrades for each vehicle .
Speedsatya - As mentioned, we will cover a summary which should suffice for 90% of the queries.

Quote:
why not ask others like methods online ,automech,and other mod specialists to advertise their products here and give discounts to t-bhpians and their friends.in this way they will also be benefitted .also t-bhp can charge a nominal amount from them ,instead of we doin the advertsing for them.
As a principle, We will not accept any payments from automobile related concerns. This will ensure that our content remains indisputably unbiased.

Quote:
I wish we could be more than a forum...we can have separate sections on buying parts, cars, accessories by collaborating with the appropriate people.
would also like to add if teambhp memorabilia apart from bumper stickers(caps, t-shirts, keyrings etc) could be introduced.
Roger that Drifter. This is a great idea.

Quote:
Even by advertising car-related products on the site, we can get funding. Who wouldnt want to advertise to a community like ours.
Same answer as no. 2.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2005, 18:56   #67
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,561
Thanked: 80,357 Times
Default

I think that everyone is familiar with Team-BHP in that, if we commit to anything we will stand by it.

These are a lot of comments and suggestions and we will certainly implement the ones that add value. The only co-operation we ask from your end is that of a little time. Team-BHP would hate a half hearted approach.

Thanks

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2005, 17:34   #68
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 50
Thanked: 22 Times
Default T-Shirts n caps

Any idea about having T Shirts caps and key chains for Team BHP members.

cheers

Praveen
praveen_sathaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2005, 16:36   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
chiragh_bir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In front of you :P
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

Team-bhp should be more exciting and the sponsorship products (like stickers, caps, T-shirts) should be less expensive.!!
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2005, 20:03   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
islero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,574
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

GTO, can we have custom titles, PLEEEEEES????
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2005, 12:05   #71
Senior - BHPian
 
shravan316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,029
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

T-Shirts, caps and keychains would be a great idea if it is inexpensive to make and sell
shravan316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2005, 12:36   #72
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 159
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

wow,

asking members for suggestions is fantastic - and your speed in implementation is also laudable.

i just want to take my suggestion to a level that has not been approached yet - just a thought - action may be an effort...

we need to take team-bhp beyond it's members and upto a point where the powers that be (or at least the rto and traffic police) learn to recognise team-bhp as a sensible, intelligent and comprehensive motoring force. this will allow us to have our say in motoring decisions and road planning etc - ultimately an intelligent team of people/enthusiasts can guide these powers to do the right think and make motoring in india a pleasurable experience...

simple example would be to implement adequate training before licences are granted.

i think maybe that should be the ultimate aim of the team-bhp gang...

cheers
cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2005, 09:02   #73
BHPian
 
vipulG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Surat
Posts: 32
Thanked: 0 Times
Default TB Red Book

Considering the rate at which new car models are being introduced and people changing car more often than before, used car market is booming and will reamin so.


In US Kell's Blue Book is used as a standard for Used Car priceing.

Why not TB start a TB Red Book for Used car pricing?

To begin with some popular models M-800, Zen, Esteem, Santro, Indica ..
vipulG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2005, 18:37   #74
Senior - BHPian
 
drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,469
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream
wow,

asking members for suggestions is fantastic - and your speed in implementation is also laudable.

i just want to take my suggestion to a level that has not been approached yet - just a thought - action may be an effort...

we need to take team-bhp beyond it's members and upto a point where the powers that be (or at least the rto and traffic police) learn to recognise team-bhp as a sensible, intelligent and comprehensive motoring force. this will allow us to have our say in motoring decisions and road planning etc - ultimately an intelligent team of people/enthusiasts can guide these powers to do the right think and make motoring in india a pleasurable experience...

simple example would be to implement adequate training before licences are granted.

i think maybe that should be the ultimate aim of the team-bhp gang...

cheers
I agree with cream. Its a great idea.

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2005, 03:31   #75
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,229
Thanked: 21,890 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir
Team-bhp should be more exciting and the sponsorship products (like stickers, caps, T-shirts) should be less expensive.!!
How can you say they should be "less expensive" when we currently dont even offer these products!?!

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users! GTO The Indian Car Scene 2619 23rd July 2017 19:58
Office Firewall blocks Team-BHP - Proxying Team-BHP? shreeks Gadgets, Computers & Software 26 27th March 2017 21:05
From a Team-BHP Fan to a Team-BHP Member YNT86 Introduce yourself 5 19th November 2015 22:21
PIC : Team-BHP Stickers on Team-BHP servers! GTO Announcements 48 12th August 2014 16:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:21.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks