Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 8th February 2008, 22:14   #1096
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
See my reply to nikibusa in post 1081 (= same page as your post... DUH! )

cya
R
Or one can go to thread tools and click on show printable version.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 23:12   #1097
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
See my reply to nikibusa in post 1081 (= same page as your post... DUH! )
cya
R
I'm cross-eyed and only speak Chinese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Mahesh, I guess the only times TBHP is graphics heavy is when some one has posted a high res pic.
Thanks Parvath. The reason I'd put up this suggestion was due to a slow internet connection at office today - which resulted in elongated TBhp loading with all those stylesheets and avatars. I then remembered Gmail having such a feature where it detects a slow connection and asks the user to be forwarded to a simpler version of Gmail.

Last edited by theMAG : 8th February 2008 at 23:23.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 00:30   #1098
Team-BHP Support

Can the Mods and distinguished members write a post with less than 20 characters ?

Anyways: Why this rule since we generally do a 202020202020 to get around it ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 00:39   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Guys when searching for a member in the member's list, one has to go to the alphabet and then the pages manually, one by one, to get to the name of a member one wants to locate.
Is it possible to have a "Search Member" field incorporated on the page so that we may enter the member's full name or to the closest alpabets so that we may be directed to the particular group with similar names or alphabets as is in the phone book search of a cell phone?
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 00:47   #1100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Guys when searching for a member in the member's list, one has to go to the alphabet and then the pages manually, one by one, to get to the name of a member one wants to locate.
Is it possible to have a "Search Member" field incorporated on the page so that we may enter the member's full name or to the closest alpabets so that we may be directed to the particular group with similar names or alphabets as is in the phone book search of a cell phone?
Username search as an option exists in the advanced search tab. Pretty effective and useful.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 08:31   #1101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Gogibhai, click on the members list. You will see a specific search members button on the upper right hand side below the page no's
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 12:01   #1102
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The reason I'd put up this suggestion was due to a slow internet connection at office today - which resulted in elongated TBhp loading with all those stylesheets and avatars. I then remembered Gmail having such a feature where it detects a slow connection and asks the user to be forwarded to a simpler version of Gmail.
Mahesh, how about switching the "display images" off in the Opera browser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Can the Mods and distinguished members write a post with less than 20 characters ?

Anyways: Why this rule since we generally do a 202020202020 to get around it ?
Thank you. The Team-BHP rules have been amended to address this problem:

Quote:

5. Spamming is considered as a very serious offence on Team-BHP. It includes one-line replies under various topics which have no relevance or do not contribute to the board in any way. Also, the minimum character limit for posts is currently set at 20. Any posts that attempt to bypass this will count as spam.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 12:42   #1103
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

First of congrats on a job well done. I think there is some tiny glitch in the classifieds section. Once there I cant seem to get back to the main forum(home). If you click the home link it goes back to the same page. Is it just me facing this problem.

Viper
Viper, a forum link has been added to the classifieds menubar. Look on the top left, right above the Classified Rules. You will see a link titled "Forum".
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 04:35   #1104
Senior - BHPian

THe new classifieds is brilliant!Is there anyway to know when a new advertisement has been added?
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 09:31   #1105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
theMAG : Practically, I feel it would be useful if you're on a very slow connection - such as from cell phones, where you would care less abt how avatar pictures appeared over the loading of the whole page.

theMAG : The reason I'd put up this suggestion was due to a slow internet connection at office today - which resulted in elongated TBhp loading with all those stylesheets and avatars. I then remembered Gmail having such a feature where it detects a slow connection and asks the user to be forwarded to a simpler version of Gmail.

GTO : Mahesh, how about switching the "display images" off in the Opera browser?
GTO, I think Mahesh is refering to the regular browsers we use on PC's/Laptops - IE & the like. When he mentioned about cell phones (see first quote above), it was as an example.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 10:57   #1106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
GTO, I think Mahesh is refering to the regular browsers we use on PC's/Laptops - IE & the like. When he mentioned about cell phones (see first quote above), it was as an example.
In that case the answer is in posts #1094, #1096.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 16:13   #1107
BANNED

Default SEO tricks for team-bhp.com

Mods pls shift this thread to proper Section

Hi Team,

Team-bhp.com is getting very popular day by day, Most of the Bhpins are from IT industry, I thought to start this thread for getting user’s opinions, experiences, ideas about SEO which will make our team-bhp more popular,

Here are few tricks which I know to bring any site in search result

1) Pages Shd be Optimized
2) Proper Title, Matatags keywords to be given
3) Generate Site Map and Submit to google

Regards,
Jitendra
nicejits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 16:22   #1108
BHPian

The simplest way would be to make maximum number of sites link to Team-BHP. However one would have to ensure that the above excercise is carried out carefully, with Team-BHP links only on relevant sites
revvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 16:27   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, I'am not from IT industry. What is SEO? Is it some kind of serach engine? Like Google
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2008, 16:29   #1110
BANNED

Yes revvedup, back links works really very well, i am preparing document to post in this thread will be ready with it shortly ( once i get time from my work), Till that time keep posting ...
nicejits is offline   Reply With Quote