Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2008, 21:19   #1276
Senior - BHPian
 
spadival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,770
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

The About section in the home page doesnt have the profiles of our freshly minted mods . Is this a WIP?
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 22:13   #1277
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,261
Thanked: 22,219 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Thanks a lot Rehaan.
You're welcome. Thanks for reporting the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
The About section in the home page doesnt have the profiles of our freshly minted mods . Is this a WIP?
Yes - they will be added soon.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 05:10   #1278
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

In the Members' list, there was a tab to see when was a member's last visit to the forum. This was of great use when we wanted to send PMs to inform members of a meet etc... Now, that is missing and we cannot make out who all are active members and who're not.
It would be great if that can be brought back.

Thanks.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 16:19   #1279
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,122
Thanked: 84,921 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
In the Members' list, there was a tab to see when was a member's last visit to the forum. This was of great use when we wanted to send PMs to inform members of a meet etc... Now, that is missing and we cannot make out who all are active members and who're not.
It would be great if that can be brought back.

Thanks.
There you go, Speedzak. A last visit column has been added to the members list.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 15:06   #1280
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,061
Thanked: 289 Times
Default

I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before, but, if a member hasn't posted or logged on since joining for a long long time, say a year, wouldn't it be better to delete their accounts? The idea is to save space on the server. I'm sure atleast 10% members are like this. I remember rediffmail and mail.yahoo used to do this before.

But if the above is implemented, there is one more drawback. What about people who are still newbies and haven't posted or logged on for a long long time. You cannot delete their accounts since their posts cannot be properly shown. This is more like a 'management decision'.
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 16:31   #1281
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,122
Thanked: 84,921 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
I'm not sure whether this has been discussed before, but, if a member hasn't posted or logged on since joining for a long long time, say a year, wouldn't it be better to delete their accounts? The idea is to save space on the server. I'm sure atleast 10% members are like this. I remember rediffmail and mail.yahoo used to do this before.
Yes, this has been discussed before. We have chosen not to delete any accounts as:

1. Older members may return at a later stage. Several have, after 1 - 2 year gaps too!

2. Disc space used is negligible (probably lesser than one photo attachment).
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 19:49   #1282
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 449
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Off late whenever i click on logout link, I get this 'undefined' message box.

Attached Images
 
Mission_Safari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 22:40   #1283
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,061
Thanked: 289 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yes, this has been discussed before. We have chosen not to delete any accounts as:

1. Older members may return at a later stage. Several have, after 1 - 2 year gaps too!

2. Disc space used is negligible (probably lesser than one photo attachment).
Yeah GTO, I understand.

I have one more suggestion in the new team-bhp reviews.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-teambhp_web_alternatives.jpg
In the screen shot above, the alternatives could be links. It is the natural tendancy of the users to try and click on the alternative cars.
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 01:57   #1284
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,261
Thanked: 22,219 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Off late whenever i click on logout link, I get this 'undefined' message box.
Click OK ?
Never seen that one before.... will check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
In the screen shot above, the alternatives could be links. It is the natural tendancy of the users to try and click on the alternative cars.
This is being done as we speak! (It will take a while to be completely done though).

Thanks,
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 15:20   #1285
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 449
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Click OK ?
Never seen that one before.... will check it out.
I guess no body spotted it coz most of the tbhpians are online most of the time and none of them log out
Mission_Safari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 00:23   #1286
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Hyd
Posts: 1,234
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

is it only for me or for other too. I am unable to load a page especially the search results. It used happen once in a while in last one week, but now the problem is more frequent.

I use mozilla firefox and version is: 2.0.0.13
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 00:34   #1287
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Off late whenever i click on logout link, I get this 'undefined' message box.
Even I am getting this undefined message box.
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 02:21   #1288
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,261
Thanked: 22,219 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
I guess no body spotted it coz most of the tbhpians are online most of the time and none of them log out
True that! I have never clicked "log out" except to test what you have said a few days back.
I guess people who use shared computers at office etc use this option more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
Even I am getting this undefined message box.
"UNDEFINED" MESSAGE BOX WHEN LOGGING OUT

Guys, it is the same box that is supposed to say "are you sure you want to log out" - so for the time-being please click "OK" as you normally would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I am unable to load a page especially the search results. It used happen once in a while in last one week, but now the problem is more frequent.
What does the screen show when the page doesnt load ? is it the standard "page could not load" error? or is it an incomplete web page?

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 08:27   #1289
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Hyd
Posts: 1,234
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
What does the screen show when the page doesnt load ? is it the standard "page could not load" error? or is it an incomplete web page?

cya
R
nothing, just blank as if I just opened a new tab. while the loading indicator shows the page being indicated but ends up showing nothing.

It happened even when changing the scheme or opening a link in new tab. Just a blank page. :(

EDIT:Also happened for this reply as well, after submitting the page remained with the editor on the screen, the screen was not re-directed to the thread automatically. I had to open the thread and check manually whether the post got accepted or not.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 11th April 2008 at 08:31.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2008, 14:43   #1290
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,336
Thanked: 4,543 Times
Default

Is there any way of finding out how many hours I have logged in to team bhp ever since I signed on ? No break up or anything, just the total number of hours I was signed in.
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users! GTO The Indian Car Scene 2619 23rd July 2017 19:58
Office Firewall blocks Team-BHP - Proxying Team-BHP? shreeks Gadgets, Computers & Software 26 27th March 2017 21:05
From a Team-BHP Fan to a Team-BHP Member YNT86 Introduce yourself 5 19th November 2015 22:21
PIC : Team-BHP Stickers on Team-BHP servers! GTO Announcements 48 12th August 2014 16:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:43.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks