Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 1st February 2017, 07:14   #166
BHPian

Default Re: The Tennis Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Looks like there is a Hard Court in My Home Jewels, but not sure if outsiders can play over there. Let me know if you have any options.
I stay in My Home Jewel, and yes it's only for residents. However, it is hardly free in the morning until 9am. Hence l was looking for other options.

There is a stadium in chandanagar, not sure if they have a court there.
shifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2017, 16:24   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I stay in My Home Jewel, and yes it's only for residents. However, it is hardly free in the morning until 9am. Hence l was looking for other options.

There is a stadium in chandanagar, not sure if they have a court there.
There seems to be some courts near Kondapur.. Shall we try?

NVK Tennis Academy  
Sports School
Address: Izzatnagar, Beside Aditya Sunshine Apartment, Kondapur, Shilpa Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500057

GHMC Vasantha Nagar Tennis Court
Address: IDPL Staff Cooperative Housing Society, Kukatpally Housing Board Colony, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500085

Last edited by arun_kun : 1st February 2017 at 16:28.
arun_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 22:28   #168
BHPian

Reviving this dormant thread!

Anybody's following the slams? 2018 is going the same way as last year and I hope that I have not jinxed it. French open is won by Rafael Nadal (No surprise there) with straight sets victory against Dominic Theim. With this win he has won a single slam a record 11th time and is the first men's player to do it.

With this the first two grand slams have been split by Federer and Nadal as was the case last year. I hope the same continues in the other two slams.

In women's game, Halep finally won her first slam after three losses in finals before. Finally she proves to be a worthy number one. Though I don't think there can be anyone like Serena in the near future who can dominate women's tennis as well as she had.
TorqueyTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2018, 23:18   #169
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

What a week it has been for sports lovers with the soccer world cup, India's tour of England and Wimbledon all in progress

The Wimbledon semi final between John Isner and Kevin Anderson is turning out to be another epic match with 2 sets each and 5th and final set still on at 16-16

Isner is also credited with playing the longest ever Wimbledon match back in 2010:

The Isner–Mahut match at the 2010 Wimbledon Championships holds the record for the longest tennis match both in time and games played. 11 h 05 Wimbledon 2010, 1st Round: John Isner def. Nicolas Mahut, 6–4, 3–6, 6–7, 7–6, 70–68 (3 days).
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote