Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 15th June 2009, 18:50   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
This website has maintained a very high standered/dignity so far and please do not start posting these types of sensational news and ruin the reputation.
We have most of our TV news channels to do 'this honour' and it suits to them very well.So let them do it rather then committing ourselves in it.

I request Mods to have a look at it.We can start it if its proved to be a rape.

BTW
1.if its consensual then having what Shiny is alleged to have had with his maid is equal to what we usuall have with our colleagues and other girls,whether we are married or not.

2.If its rape then the only punishment i demand is capital punishment.
+1 to it. I know, it's an open forum where we discuss everything under the sun, but why this? And if we are taking such a keen interest in this topic, why blame our e-media, who is only feeding our obsession?
Old 15th June 2009, 19:36   #62
Senior - BHPian

1. If its a rape, the court should punish him.

2. If its consensuous his wife should punish him.

Any which ways he should be punished.
Old 15th June 2009, 20:37   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

OT
The SMS jokes on this have already started.
Here's one: what is shiney's partner preference? Bai-sexual!!!
Old 15th June 2009, 20:39   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
OT
hahahahaha.... Thats hilarious!
Old 15th June 2009, 23:00   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Default A Bit Embarassed

I've read through the whole thread.

I've also read the criticism about starting this thread. I've also read your PMs and messages (you know who you are) to me and here is what I have to say.

I apologise. This morning when I heard the news, I needed to discuss this because I was shocked and surprised at his admittance. I could think of nowhere else to go and no one else to discuss the news openly with.

However there has been an unexpected response to me starting this thread. Many people have declared disappointment and surprise that I thought it worthwhile to start this discussion.

First the explanation:
I do not know Shiney Ahuja on a personal level and my intention was neither to malign his reputation nor to excuse the alleged deed. I was shocked and decided to share my shock and read open-minded opinions. I read all your opinions and even learned a few things on the way to this post.

Now the apology (and it is a bit self-indulgent, I'm sorry):

I was practically admonished by a few members for starting this "meaningless" thread and some even declared that their expectations of the content of my posts was higher than this. That they follow all my posts regularly and expect a high level of content in them.

I am flattered slightly and quite embarrassed. I trust my explanation will clarify that I was not trying to enjoy any sensationalism and that perhaps, in retrospect - I should not have started the discussion at all.

I hope that justice prevails and the truth(whatever it may be) comes out shining (so to speak) in Shiney's case.

I hope that my public apology has appeased my admonishers . Thank you for reading my posts, good and bad - I only write because you read.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 15th June 2009 at 23:01.
Old 15th June 2009, 23:11   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Personally, I dont think you should apologise.

You were shocked and started this thread. So what's the big deal? We are a free and democratic country with the freedom of free speech right?

If someone has a problem with this thread, they shouldnt bother opening it. They have the freedom of choice to do what they want. If it's meaningless to them, let them not read it. I do not open most of the ICE threads because it's meaningless to me.(I'm a total noob and keep telling myself I should learn abt ICE, but have never managed to do so).

You cant write ALWAYS thinking of people who might not like it. And honestly, people who think you were trying to malign the actor are quite silly. If that's the case, we shouldnt discuss most news items. We shouldnt discuss bad experiences with car dealerships because there also someone is getting maligned. But then, that wont be TBHP, will it?

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 15th June 2009 at 23:15.
Old 16th June 2009, 09:04   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

I apologise
For what ? I have myself put up a thread on the problems i faced because my phone was new and some pathetic humans thought that I am taking photographs of them.

So, I feel that here there is no reason for you to apologize. For me too, I have only one place to share shock and discuss the issues and its TBHP. I suppose you are the one to know TBHP before most of us did.
And you never talk nonsense, atleast if I see such a serious thread title from your side, I am sure you are in no mood to pass a filthy joke or trying to have some sort of sadistic fun.

What you have done is correct. I came to know about the news through you and TBHP.
Old 16th June 2009, 09:11   #68
BHPian

Sam, No need to apologize for starting this thread, you felt like discussing it and hence a need for this thread. If not you, I am sure somebody would have started this thread. I must admit it though, I was a bit surprised that YOU started this thread.
Old 16th June 2009, 10:43   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
He drives a BMW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Now, did I say something funny? He indeed drives a BMW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
white porsche cayenne. dont know if it was rented
AFAIK, its a white Porsche Cayenne. Have spotted him a couple of times in it. Maybe the BMW is rented? Anyways, thats OT here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Mumbai Police: Shiney admits to rape

Rediff
Rediff is the best example of poor journalism. No basis in that news story. I would still believe TOI. Till today, the only clear thing is that sexual assault has been proven, along with injuries to the girl indicating that it was a rape. Based on this I believe Shiny Ahuja has been remanded to judicial custody till June 18th.
Old 16th June 2009, 11:26   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
No basis in that news story. I would still believe TOI. Till today, the only clear thing is that sexual assault has been proven, along with injuries to the girl indicating that it was a rape. Based on this I believe Shiny Ahuja has been remanded to judicial custody till June 18th.
That said, Shiney did admit to the cops to having intercourse, though his claim was that it was by consent.

However by law a confession is only admissible if made before a magistrate (which it wasnt) and Shiney later retracted perhaps after consultation with lawyers.

Fortunately the mumbai police has taken the unusual step of getting the swabs and other samples sent for genetic verification which would conclusively establish the identity of the assailant.

Apparently Shiney has tried similar stunts with a junior artiste 2 years back on the sets of Gangster and was blasted by Pooja Bhat and then again with Soha Ali Khan on the sets of another film when he tried to get too close during the filmin of an intimate scene.
Old 16th June 2009, 12:50   #71
Senior - BHPian

Sam, You don't have to apologize. Please don't do it.

OT: All set for the birthday? You can invite us all for your birthday treat!!
Old 16th June 2009, 14:06   #72
BHPian

Sam my real concern is team-bhp and not Shiny.I and not his fan and have seen his only one movie,Bhul Bhuliya,not because of him but i heard it was good sensible comedy which it was.

As I said earlier he should get punished if its a rape which will be proved by DNA test if police has taken semen samples or even a hair from victim's body.

there should be some signs of use of force in the form of some bruises but not if it was consensual.
Old 16th June 2009, 14:20   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
2. If its consensuous his wife should punish him.
Any which ways he should be punished.
What makes you say so, isnt it upto his wife to decide whether or not to punish him?
Old 16th June 2009, 14:39   #74
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
OT
that is simply hilarious!!!! i am cracking out loud in my office i just forwarded this message to everybody in my contact list.
Old 16th June 2009, 14:40   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
OT: All set for the birthday? You can invite us all for your birthday treat!!
lol, You're keeping track of my birthday? Yes, I'm totally looking forward to it. My first birthday with Jenny.
Closed Thread