Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 17th June 2009, 17:57   #91
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps this has been posted elsewhere on this thread or somewhere else but it was reported last year that Preity Zinta Shouted on Shiney Ahuja For Hugging Her Too Hard on the sets of Jahnu Barua's Har Pal. It was also alleged that Preity reportedly didn't like his attitude, his unpunctuality and the fact that Shiney likes a lot of retakes.

Shiney seems to hug his co-star tight, especially those with something. It was also alleged sometime back that some actress Malavika alleged that Shiney who was her co-star in a Tamil film, held her hand tightly in one of the shots. She verbally abused him and complained to the director. The day’s shooting was canceled after this incident.

Last edited by vasudeva : 17th June 2009 at 18:00.
Old 17th June 2009, 18:16   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
come on man, we are a democracy with a sound legal system, not taliban.
We should probably ask the victim or the parents as to what punishement
should be awarded to Shiney! They would have something more grave than what the Talibs have to offer.

Lol! I think the punishment for such dastardly acts should be outsourced to the taliban. , ofcourse once the charges are 100% established as true. One or two of those punishments on tape and boom, the rape rates drop here. Ok, now now, just my 2 cents, coz there have been people who have mowed down people, sloshed, and still walking free.
Old 17th June 2009, 18:22   #93
BHPian

Default Attitudes

Whether subject of Shiney or not, this thread brings to the fore amazing feudal mindsets of the members. Just because the victim is a girl from poor background and a maid, everyone seems to think it is optional to respect her. There are so many posts that have a typical 'smart alec' remark/joke cracked, followed with typical 'jokes apart' comments that are apparently made with genuine concern, I presume.

Is this how we value fellow human beings ?
Old 17th June 2009, 18:25   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
should be awarded to Shiney! They would have something more grave than what the Talibs have to offer.
That's a very dangerous proposition. That's why we have a judiciary.

In a society where all machinery is biased towards women, imagine what will happen if your actions are someday mistook for sexual harassment. Bias, the stigma on reporting such cases and above all, the mentality of people, especially women have to change. I personally don't think taliban will do any good to this country, but that's just me.
Old 17th June 2009, 18:36   #95
Senior - BHPian

+1. You guys should see the Michael Douglas movie "Disclosure"
Old 17th June 2009, 19:53   #96
BHPian

For those, who are reporting sundry incidents, are they captured in pics or videos? If not, there is no point in stupid news reported by most popular "Trash of India". Never seen a worse English daily in India which borrows its news from sister publication Filmfare and stupid reporters reporting more masala than news. Above all, everyone believes what the TV media is saying & I must say that even the chargesheet is not submitted. Who are we to judge him on those grounds without evidence. It is a grave matter, but the way members have reacted here, doesnt exactly reflect the maturity we proud ourselves for. Come on, wait till evidences are shown to the court. What would you do if your maid leaves the house, then something happens and it is blamed squarely on you. Don't trust some crappy media sensation but wait for a proper trial.
Old 17th June 2009, 20:19   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
+1. You guys should see the Michael Douglas movie "Disclosure"
Sheesh. It's sad when people forget the books and remember the movies

It's actually based on the book of the same name by the late Michael Crichton of Jurassic Park fame.
Old 17th June 2009, 20:50   #98
Senior - BHPian

Guys lets cut some slack to Shiney here. Most of us do not know the facts but do not refrain ourselves from Sentencing him as Guilty. The matter is Subjudice and we should let the court decide the truth. There are things that would never come to the public attention by the media and the cops and so most of us would not know the truth ever.

I do not know the guy, but i know the cops and the media functioning very well. Hence i feel sad for Shiney and the mess he has been put into. May he and his family have the strength to bear this charge and hold their heads up high when its over.

Last edited by speedy : 17th June 2009 at 20:53.
Old 17th June 2009, 21:03   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Let us not pass verdicts here as to who is the victim and who is not. this is the most dangerous effect of the current overzealous and TRP hungry electronic media which has shifted its priority from reporting impartial facts to passing verdicts, conducting media trials so as to influence public opinions and thereby also running a kind of parallel judiciary. We must learn to accept only the relevant facts and reject the opinions thrust upon us by them.
When harassment charged couldn't be proven against madhur bhandarkar, did that news appear in the headlines? no but it was a headline when the charges were levied against him.

Last edited by huntrz : 17th June 2009 at 21:05.
Old 17th June 2009, 21:07   #100
Senior - BHPian

What is Shiney Ahuja's favourite song...?

"Maid In India.." Sorry couldn't resist that one
Old 17th June 2009, 21:33   #101
Senior - BHPian

No matter how much we fret, it won't do any damage to his profession or fame. Have Sanjay Dutt and Salman Been punished by the society? The law might have punished them by putting them behind bars for a period, but society hasn't. We still see their movies, they still grace film award ceremonies, still perform overseas to a packed house of NRIs, we still seek their autographs, they still endorse products and still continue to make money with as much name and fame as they did before. In fact, they have become more famous aftre the controversy.

Shiney is not a big league actor. Not as popular as some big names, but now thanks to all this free publicity, he now is. Notoriety is also a kinda fame. Better bad name than none. Especially, in our country villainy sells more than heroism. As far as I know, we haven't made a single movie on Father of Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, but we made several movies on Dons, smugglers, underworld goons, phoolan Devi, Charles Shobhraj and there is a Tamil producer planning a movie on sandalwood don Veerappan. As soon as the dust settles on this one, Shiney will go back to making more movies and charging more and everything else will be quickly forgiven and forgotten. I still remember when law hunted down Sanjay and Salman, their Bollywood colleagues retreated with shock but as soon as they got over the initial shock, they got together and rallied behind the duo with ususal support words like, "oh, these two kids are just some spoilt brats you know! They are not basically bad at all. Just didn't know what they were doing. They are innocent like a 5 year old kid. This must be some conspiracy to malign them." We will very soon hear such words again in support of Shiney. So let's not get worked up over this and go back to cars and bikes which IS our world.

Last edited by pgsagar : 17th June 2009 at 21:35.
Old 17th June 2009, 21:45   #102
Senior - BHPian

I respect all the opinions expressed on this thread. Both opinions ,which are in favour of court justice and of those who think that the actor is innocent. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Buttt, No girl in India would accept that she has been raped, just for money,fame or media coverage. I repeat, in India. She jeopardises her entire future life. Unfortunately very few accept marriage proposals of such victims. I don't know what happens to females raped by lesser known figures in our society. Females in India with a defect, such as a disproportionate limb or white marks on body, face tremendous pressure and humiliation, let alone rape victims.
Also the actor has admitted to what he says "Consensual act".
It would be sad if the dust settles the way we all know.
Old 17th June 2009, 21:49   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buttt, No girl in India would accept that she has been raped, just for money,fame or media coverage. I repeat, in India. She jeopardises her entire future life.
We have all kinds of people.

Famous case of Preeti Jain and Madhur Bhandarkar is such an example.
Old 17th June 2009, 21:58   #104
Senior - BHPian

18% rape cases false: Study - Delhi - Cities - The Times of India

I believe the link speaks for itself

@ Nikhil, Who would you remember more, Demi Moore , or Michael Crichton

@ netfreak, this lady seems to be up in arms against this dude too
Actress Preeti Jain | Detained | Shiney Ahuja | Madhur Bhandarkar | Protesting | Rape - Oneindia Entertainment

Last edited by greenhorn : 17th June 2009 at 22:17.
Old 17th June 2009, 22:06   #105
Senior - BHPian

It is that or I'm very very innocent.
Closed Thread