Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 17th June 2009, 23:10   #106
Senior - BHPian

Wow! I'm visiting this section.. after exactly the 15th, and I had no idea about this since I'm abroad.

I'm a big fan of Shiney for a very long time now (Hans Raj Hans - O Ho video times, if anyone can recollect), despite the fact that he has just recently shot to stardom.

Besides I have met him personally on a few occassions, and he comes across as the perfect gentleman.

I just hope, for his own good, that he is innocent. And the crimes that he has allegedly committed are not as grave as we think they would be.
Old 17th June 2009, 23:22   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Hans Raj Hans - O Ho video times, if anyone can recollect
Oh yes, I remember!!!
Old 17th June 2009, 23:50   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Oh yes, I remember!!!

I may have the wrong artist, but i think the song and the lead male model for the video are in order.
Old 18th June 2009, 12:26   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
what happens when two people do it by consent and one day the lady decides to level charges?
Cant the reverse also happen and isnt that what Shiney (or his lawyers) is trying to do: trying to turn rape into a one of consensual sex?

The victim fortunately did the right thing. If she had gone home immediately after (as Shiney assumed she would), the victim would never have summoned the courage to go to the cops. Very possibly after the initial shock and outrage had worn out, the girl would have perhaps thought it would be pointless to pursue the case. Fortunately in this case she immediately went to the neighbours place where her friend worked as the maid. And it was this friend along with the neighbour who took her to the cops.

ofcourse there are cases where women exploit the laws to extract concessions: mostly goaded by their relatives etc. I have seen friends going through messy divorces where their wives have accused them of marital rape, and the court accepting the girls version. Whle i am inclined to back my friend, the girl may not necessarily be lying!

but in most cases the women are at a disadvantage because it is difficult to prove what is consensual and what is not. Every rapist tomorrow may use the same argument that shiny is using today which is clearly not acceptable. One thus has to take a woman at her word.
Old 18th June 2009, 13:06   #110
Team-BHP Support

Framed or actual - the jury rests

Just hope the forensic evidence points to the correct verdict. However, as in some cases, sadly the alleged victim may made to disappear

Remember this is only one visible case, think of the many other invisible cases that happen
Old 18th June 2009, 13:30   #111
Senior - BHPian

Refer Disclosure. In that situation, the reverse happened and consensus became force. Sadly such crimes of passion happen in all the countries at all times, and just because he is someone does not mean that he is different or above the law. Trust the media to bring in other angles and milk this for all it is worth and then some.
Old 18th June 2009, 18:19   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
Cant the reverse also happen and isnt that what Shiney (or his lawyers) is trying to do: trying to turn rape into a one of consensual sex?
That didn't answer his question though.

@blackmagic, it's very difficult to prove consensus or force, for something that happened in past. In India machinery is heavily towards women and quite possibly the male will get convicted.
Old 18th June 2009, 19:06   #113
Team-BHP Support

Forget about the consensual or not part.

He had unprotected sex with someone other than his partner.
He not only exposed himself to AIDS but also his partner and any children he may have in the future.
Old 18th June 2009, 19:10   #114
Senior - BHPian

i am pleasantly surprised that his wife is standing by him. from her point of view, force or consent, this guy has messed it up big time. for all i care even if the maid tried to trick him into this, he should have the brains not to get into it.
Old 18th June 2009, 19:26   #115
Awaiting Email Confirmation

According to me three types of people conduct rape (lets assume he did)
1. Ugly & Real desperate loosers
2. People who cannot afford to buy it probably
3. Pyscho's

I am sure being a ex- model who is still young he can land with a beautiful girl. Point 2 also since he has money. point 3 not sure ! or was this just an act of fantasy?

One of these websites had a pic of this Bai. Was a normal looking bai !!

Edit: Not trying to prove anything but just trying to understand the mindset of individuals with social creditability.

Last edited by D-Man : 18th June 2009 at 19:27.
Old 19th June 2009, 01:24   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post

The victim fortunately did the right thing. If she had gone home immediately after (as Shiney assumed she would), the victim would never have summoned the courage to go to the cops. Very possibly after the initial shock and outrage had worn out, the girl would have perhaps thought it would be pointless to pursue the case. Fortunately in this case she immediately went to the neighbours place where her friend worked as the maid. And it was this friend along with the neighbour who took her to the cops.

ofcourse there are cases where women exploit the laws to extract concessions: mostly goaded by their relatives etc. I have seen friends going through messy divorces where their wives have accused them of marital rape, and the court accepting the girls version. Whle i am inclined to back my friend, the girl may not necessarily be lying!

but in most cases the women are at a disadvantage because it is difficult to prove what is consensual and what is not. Every rapist tomorrow may use the same argument that shiny is using today which is clearly not acceptable. One thus has to take a woman at her word.
Take a woman at her word... Thats one of the most dangerous statements that can be made. How about tommorrow some dame accuses you of rape and you spend amost a decade or so in the slammer?

And its not at all impossible. Something that can happen to someone can always happen to oneself.

Perhaps some people believe all females are Mother Marys??

Last edited by Raccoon : 19th June 2009 at 01:26.
Old 19th June 2009, 02:51   #117
Senior - BHPian

I'm a little amused...

In the last 72 hours,
1. 1 major Indian state -- or certain parts thereof -- are plunging into anarchy and violence between political cadres that the police can barely manage.
2. Inflation has dipped into the negative for the first time in 32 years.
3. The 26/11 report has been supposedly released, yet no one can see it, and the families of our slain heroes are asking the goverment, and by extension us, some very uncomfortable questions.

Yet we choose to focus our energies on some aspiring/wannabe/not-top-level film actor and his bedroom shenanigans. I don't see a single new post on any of the 26/11 discussions.

Someone has remarked that something more than 4 wheels should bind us together. Though I disagree -- this is, afterall, an automotive forum, Team BHP not Team XYZ -- if it were so, could we not find a better topic to bind us together? An alleged rape?!

It is said that we deserve the government -- and by (my own - admittedly) extrapolation the life and times -- that we get. This thread, and this forum's response to it, has made me believe so.
Old 19th June 2009, 10:57   #118
BHPian

If you feel strongly about a certain topic, you should be able to start a thread on that right? If you feel strongly enough that is.

Someone had an opinion on a particular case attracting national interest and started this thread. And apparently there was enough interest to sustain it so far.

Why dont you start a thread on any of the issues that you mentioned and lets see how far they go!

The SHiny Ahuja case is not about the bedroom shennigans of a aspiring bollywood actor. If thats the way you see it, then i am afraid you have missed the point.

At one level, the case is about exploitation of a weaker section of society: a throwback to feudal times when zamindari prevailed in this part of the world.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:09   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Perhaps some people believe all females are Mother Marys??
I think I belong to that lot! Only to be proven otherwise, by some or the other study report every now and then!
Old 19th June 2009, 11:18   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
According to me three types of people conduct rape (lets assume he did)
1. Ugly & Real desperate loosers
2. People who cannot afford to buy it probably
3. Pyscho's
D-Man I don't know how to put it in straight words but a Rape can be committed only by a Psycho , It is like this a normal male can draw pleasure if there is a consent. But to physically overpower a screaming , protesting woman and then drawing pleasure is not normal it is kind of BDSM thing.

So I would say even (1) Ugly & Real desperate looser or (2) People who can not afford to buy can not draw pleasure if the person is not sado-masochist. ( Considering this as abnormal)

See in our not so permissive society , At least for last few sanctuaries there have been ample amount of desperate men who can not buy sex ( Leaving aside India before 10th cent AD ) but the incidences of rape are relatively low ( per capita rate) as compared to some other socities so this is a kind of emperical proof for my theory that some sort of sado-masochism is required to commit this crime.

So it is quite possible that a successful rich man has certain dark side and when he loose control on his instincts he can commit the crime of rape because it is more pleasurable to him then consenctual sex with a beautiful classy woman.

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th June 2009 at 19:46. Reason: Typo corrected.
Closed Thread