Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 19th June 2009, 11:25   #121
Senior - BHPian

Update: Girija Vyas, Chairman, Mahila Aaayog has gone to Mumbai, says Shiney's family is free to meet me.. Now, what'd happen is she'll ask for a couple of lakhs/ crore from his family.. which would go to a party fund, Shiney comes out shining and his next film would be a HIT!

..Unfortunate, isn't it??
Old 19th June 2009, 12:16   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Perhaps some people believe all females are Mother Marys??
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I think I belong to that lot!
Somehow PP, I always assumed you were a guy.

Nice to have a chaste woman's opinion here.
Old 19th June 2009, 12:27   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Update: Girija Vyas, Chairman, Mahila Aaayog has gone to Mumbai, says Shiney's family is free to meet me.. Now, what'd happen is she'll ask for a couple of lakhs/ crore from his family.. which would go to a party fund, Shiney comes out shining and his next film would be a HIT!

Yes if carrying weapons of mass murder like AK56 , Hobnobbing with antinational elements responsible for blasts killing approximately 400 people and keeping bags full of hand grenades can be overlooked and person can become even more successful and even aspire to become an MP then why not a rapist.
Old 19th June 2009, 12:28   #124
BHPian

Quote:

Do you Ms.Vyas? How can you make such allusions? She is doing her job as the head of the Cational Commission of Women and by reaching out to the maid and ensuring that the victime gets legal aid and protection and organising womens groups to rally aorund the victime, Ms.Vyas has done a fantastic job.

Whats wrong with meeting Shiney's wife? She is also a victim in a way because with his vile act Shiney has in many ways affected his wife as well.

How many of you saw Pooja Bedi's interview to a channel on this news? What she said made a lot of sense IMO. For those of you who dont know, in the 80's, a certain "gentleman" called Aditya Panscholi had raped Pooja Bedi's 15 year old maid. Unlike Shiney's wife, Pooja Bedi kicked her Mr.Panscholi out of her house! The diff in this case is that the maid very correctly went to the cops first instead of going to the media and got her medical tests done while evidence could still be collected.
Old 19th June 2009, 16:16   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
Do you Ms.Vyas?.
No, but I know Shiney (and Ahuja Family) very well.
Old 20th June 2009, 09:35   #126
BHPian

Quote:
No, but I know Shiney (and Ahuja Family) very well.
Yeah but you are not casting aspersions and questioning intentions of the people u know well but rather of people you dont.

You can never know anyone well enough. People have little traits hidden away that you never know existed, though there are enough warnings for those who chose to see it. As someone said in another context: The wife is always the last to know!
Old 20th June 2009, 09:51   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
Yeah but you are not casting aspersions and questioning intentions of the ...The wife is always the last to know!
I think you're greatly influenced by the statement - I have full confidence in our judicial system!
Old 20th June 2009, 10:09   #128
BHPian

Quote:
I think you're greatly influenced by the statement - I have full confidence in our judicial system!
Not really man! our system is open to abuse especially when the guilty party is someone like Shiney Ahuja with oodles of money and "star" power and the victim is a poor maid from Alibaug struggling to eke out a living in an unforgiving city like mumbai. Cases take ages to get a hearing let alone a conviction and meanwhile the criminal is out on bail free to use his money and goonda power to obstruct justice. And then there is the financial question: How many people would be willing to employ her now and how will she survive let alone fight to get justice from a system hopelessly weighed against her?

So it will take a really brave girl to fight this system to get justice due to her and send that scumbag to the slammer for 10 years. Hope the NCW's promise of a fast track court to hear this case and the good job by the cops in getting the forensic tests done in addition to the regula rmedical tests all help get this girl the justice due to her.
Old 20th June 2009, 10:43   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Can the mods please lock down this thread.

There's just an unbelievable amount of keyboard jockeying happening here with conspiracy theorists on both sides - everyone steadfast on their vision of the truth, when no one has anything in their hand.

PS: I am not insensitive, but the current posts are just filled with way too much rhetoric for any reasonable discussion.
Old 20th June 2009, 10:50   #130
Senior - BHPian

+1 to Phamilyman's statement. There is no point in dragging this issue further. we are no court and let the court decide the truth.
Old 20th June 2009, 11:27   #131
BHPian

So Ms Vyas puts the case on fast track !! My guess is that there will be a lower court conviction which would be set aside by appeal courts That way justice to all !!
Old 20th June 2009, 12:03   #132
BHPian

Politicians do not normally enter into picture unless they see a big gain for them. The gain may be monetary, political or media coverage.

Instead of acting only on some high profile cases, Ms. Vyas should get the laws amended to speedy justice for all - including down trodden women. Simultaneously a man should also be protected from being made a scapegoat.
Old 20th June 2009, 12:06   #133
BHPian

Really this is a shame to the fans more than to the star. What made him get into such a act. Really Shameful.
Old 20th June 2009, 15:31   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
+1 to Phamilyman's statement. There is no point in dragging this issue further. we are no court and let the court decide the truth.
+1 to that too! I'm so glad we aren't a court. Else there is no telling what will happen to justice. Even the shamblence of it offered by the Indian Judicial System will disappear in a puff...
Old 20th June 2009, 18:11   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Even the shamblence of it offered by the Indian Judicial System will disappear in a puff..
What does that mean?
Closed Thread