Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 22nd June 2009, 09:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default New autoshow - ET Zagwheels

Yesterday while browsing the TV channels, I happened to watch the new autoshow 'ET Zagwheels'.
What caught my attention was the utter casualness in their presentation. It was sad to hear things like how the Grande Punto is based on the Linea (while in reality it is the other way around) and looks like a carbon copy of Linea inside. And then self contradiction- the main presenter was commenting how zippy and quick the Punto is, followed by the voice narration which said Punto feels very sluggish bellow 3000 rpm.
Very shallow show indeed.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 02:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Kill the cars and these presenters can be given bonus for that.

O Man these guys are hilarious. I think all the autoshows are just crap. They dont know what they are talking about and try to generalize everything.

Check out the Z business autoshow aired on the 30th Aug. 'Wheelocity' The presenter shows Estilo and says issme badla kya hai. Lets do the POSTMORTEM ha ha ha. I fell off my chair. Must see episode. Then before she shows the engine and says interiors toh aapne dekh liye hain aab aandar baith ke dekhte hain.

Then there was one from Overdrive about the Fortuner and I think he was given a script and that made no sense so the presenter was all over the place. He liked the Innova like interiors in a 20L car. He says its good thing they did not change the interiors. Then he comments, this car is 5 years old and looks bland. Man these guys dont have guts to say the right thing on air.

I admire JC for his comments on cars. Calling a spade a spade is not what our presenters excel in.

Mods: Please allow more smilies for this thread, its going to be the hilarious one.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote