Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 30th June 2009, 21:15   #46
BHPian

Quote:
I had my surgery done at cosmopolitan hospital(just back from stent removal today
But if you are in kerala, haven't you heard about 'banankallu' treatment for Kidney stone?

I met a malayali in Chennai who has managed to pee out 3 kidney stones in 2 hours with 'panamkallu'. But it works only if you are young with no diseases and only with pure 'panamkallu' directly imported from the tree without any water mixing. But its risky and you should be a drinker already. But it only works in kerala unless you can source pure 'Panamkallu' without sunnambu mixing.

I can share his contacts for anybody in chennai. (And yes, I am going to kerala next month to try this treatment for me, but for my dad I have already sourced 'Renavive' and he is in Ayurvadic now - will hospitalize him (preferably in KIMS) if nothing works for him!)

But dont ask me what the hell is panamkallu - if you never heard it, You don't need it. Its riskier than the Alcoholic water made from coconut tree - I don't recommend it!. (I am just sharing the info and trust/try it at your own risk!)

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 30th June 2009 at 21:32.
ibm_jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 21:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you should be a drinker already
Ironically, thats the hard part. I known it would come to haunt me one day

My dad said that he'd gone to a homeo guy who once gave him some pretty strong stuff which worked. we were planning to go homeo, when my colic pains struck, and i insisted that we go to the hospital asap!
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 12:20   #48
Senior - BHPian

Bumping this old topic again.
Time and again this problem has created problems for me.
and this time it took almost 40 days,to pass out the damn stone(8mm).
life was miserable,and pain used to crop up every 2nd 3rd day and would last for hours

How do i prevent stone formation?
any pointers?
as last year in october i had got rid of a 5mm stone,and a new formed inside in a few months.
i really cant afford to have anymore of these inside
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 13:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Bumping this old topic again.
Time and again this problem has created problems for me.
and this time it took almost 40 days,to pass out the damn stone(8mm).
life was miserable,and pain used to crop up every 2nd 3rd day and would last for hours

How do i prevent stone formation?
any pointers?
as last year in October i had got rid of a 5mm stone,and a new formed inside in a few months.
i really cant afford to have anymore of these inside
HI Akshay

There are few rules for those with kidney stones courtesy my wife who has kidney stones ..

1 ) Avoid tomatoes ( If u wish to have them Peel Off the Outer covering , Only Use pulp)
2 ) Drink loads of water .
3 ) Avoid anything which has calcium ( Spinach / milk products ) in particular,( Specially URD daal )
4 ) Don,t drink Soda's .

I Know you travel a Lot , Avoid sitting in same position for too long and if you ever travel towards Haridwar, see a Senior doctor in patanjali hospital , it's just outside Rourki on road towards haridwar . it's a good hospital .

I got medicines from there for my wife. although it was 2 months treatment , was worth it as it's been around 3 years that she hasn,t has this problem

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 14th August 2010 at 13:26.
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote