Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 18th July 2009, 21:00   #301
BHPian

we are hypocrites if we say that 'it is right' or 'it is wrong'. Moral policing is one of the things that is best used by politician to gain some mileage. Think about it! On 14th Feb all the guys from Shivsena & Bajrang Dal beat up couples in the day & the same guys go out with there girlfriends in the night.
rahul18348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 00:01   #302
BHPian

As a student in Delhi - I had a few male friends who were gay - and were forced to hide it. Later on, for fear of truly coming out of the closet & under parental pressure they got married to straight women. And that certainly did not make a great marriage or two happy people.
I for one, applaud this ruling - for it has given my friends - the one thing they never had - the right to be themselves.
amip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 04:20   #303
BHPian

Marriage between man and a women is what made this world where it's today ?.

If we didn't had any laws for marriage ,we couldn't be civilized as we are now .
Legalizing Gay may sound good feel like freedom now..but imagine how it's going to be after 100 years or even more than that .

You can;t play against nature ..it's going to kill us ..may be not in nearterm ..but in long term it's going to happen no matter how u carve it ..
Thil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 04:32   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thil View Post
You can;t play against nature ..it's going to kill us ..may be not in nearterm ..but in long term it's going to happen no matter how u carve it ..
oh man, where were you a century ago when we started burning hydrocarbons like there is no tomorrow, not to mention a million other things against "nature". I am pretty sure we will terminate ourselves way before lack of heterosexual couples does.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 19:35   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amip View Post
As a student in Delhi - I had a few male friends who were gay - and were forced to hide it. Later on, for fear of truly coming out of the closet & under parental pressure they got married to straight women. And that certainly did not make a great marriage or two happy people.
I for one, applaud this ruling - for it has given my friends - the one thing they never had - the right to be themselves.
this is what i mentioned when i was discussing on this topic some pages back. along with the law that says homosexuality is not a crime, there should be strict enforcement of a law that says homsexuals cannot do this. i.e. hide their sexuality and ruin other people's lives.

homosexuality does not disgust me. this kind of spinelessness and the willingness to ruin another person's life just to hide your sexuality, does disgust me truly.

amip, nothing personal, but,
your friends need to be ashamed. they need not have disclosed to their families that they were gay, if they were scared. but surely they could have displayed some spine and said that they were not ready for marriage citing career/professional reasons etc. an adult male who lacks the cojones to say NO to his parents who want to run his life, is not fit for marriage anyway.

utterly disgusting...and tragic for the women involved.

your friends may not have had the legal right. but they also certainly didn't have the decency or the guts either. its a shame that people like your friends will now reap the efforts of the thousands of decent and committed gay activits. the only redeeming factor is that hopefully fewer innocent girls' lives will be affected.

Last edited by hell_rider : 27th July 2009 at 19:38.
hell_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 09:07   #306
BHPian

OT:
Vivek, time to change Your handle too
Rocky_Balboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 11:02   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider View Post
this is what i mentioned when i was discussing on this topic some pages back. along with the law that says homosexuality is not a crime, there should be strict enforcement of a law that says homsexuals cannot do this. i.e. hide their sexuality and ruin other people's lives.

homosexuality does not disgust me. this kind of spinelessness and the willingness to ruin another person's life just to hide your sexuality, does disgust me truly.

amip, nothing personal, but,
your friends need to be ashamed. they need not have disclosed to their families that they were gay, if they were scared. but surely they could have displayed some spine and said that they were not ready for marriage citing career/professional reasons etc. an adult male who lacks the cojones to say NO to his parents who want to run his life, is not fit for marriage anyway.

utterly disgusting...and tragic for the women involved.

your friends may not have had the legal right. but they also certainly didn't have the decency or the guts either. its a shame that people like your friends will now reap the efforts of the thousands of decent and committed gay activits. the only redeeming factor is that hopefully fewer innocent girls' lives will be affected.
I don't disagree with you - but generally refrain from judging other human beings by my standards - at least this strongly.
Old 28th July 2009, 12:20   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amip View Post
I don't disagree with you - but generally refrain from judging other human beings by my standards - at least this strongly.
its not my standards amip. its just that its simply wrong. its completely deceitful.

maybe my response is too strong. accepted. but i have seen at very close quarters what emotional trauma and scarring the woman has to undergo. maybe my first hand witnessing of this very ugly side of human nature brought on the venom.

like i said earlier, nothing personal.
hell_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 12:18   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider View Post
its not my standards amip. its just that its simply wrong. its completely deceitful.

maybe my response is too strong. accepted. but i have seen at very close quarters what emotional trauma and scarring the woman has to undergo. maybe my first hand witnessing of this very ugly side of human nature brought on the venom.

like i said earlier, nothing personal.
There - thats much calmer! And makes objective sense. Yes - I can see both sides of the coin - am not condoning their actions, just acknowledging their constraints as well.
Old 29th July 2009, 12:27   #310
Senior - BHPian

IMHO this who Gay thing has been blown out of proportion. IF a guy wants to do it with a guy he would do it regardless of the law. Now its just that its not a crime.

FOr me Gays or No gays doesnt make a difference, but i just think this whole thing is BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION. Its no big deal this 377 law.

cheers,
ac
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote