Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 24th June 2013, 12:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: E commerce website - What does one need to know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Hey! Maybe you could have a look at this site www.enmarkit.com
They are big on social selling and enabling commerce right in your social media.

--------
Note: I am not associated with them. The founder was a guest speaker at a seminar i attended.
Thank you for the link. I have signed up and tested the same.

It is loading still and taking a long time. I think it would look like a FB post that I have made. I was looking at something that can be independent like a store by itself.

I find Shopfiy quite easy to use. Do they have an office in India?

Last edited by beejay : 24th June 2013 at 13:07.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2013, 14:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

I have decided to go with martjack and I hope this is a right decision.

My idea is to offer servicing for eye wear. ie. mending broken frames, ultrasonic cleaning, nosepad and ear tip replacement, Most of my service would be free and the customer would need to bear only the courier charges. This will be paid upfront by using the payment gateway.

Also to make my business profitable I intend to etail MauiJim sunglasses with extended warranty, more than what the company itself is going to offer.

These are the only templates offered free http://www.martjack.com/catalog/expertdesigns.html

I was hoping I am able to have a different landing page. This is what I have in mind.

Home page will have more details about the service I offer. A cartoon image of a frame with parts that I can fix and mend. And a link to my MauiJim store.

So if you click on any part of the frame it takes you to repair page, and if you click on MJ it takes you to the store.

Martjack says this is not possible and I would need to have the home page designed and they will handle everything from MJ page.

I am not a techie guy and I am in spot.

They suggest I should have a main MJ page as a store with a category for repair, even that sounds good.

What do you guys think?

Benny
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 16:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

Planning to start an Ecommerce store similar to amazon with multi vendor capabilities. Have few questions:

1) What's the tax structures for different states in India?
2) International shipping companies have API's but what about local services? How to implement them? Heard Indian Post got one but unable to find the API.
3) Bought a template and will be implementing in Joomla. What are suggested extensions? I have shortlisted redshop and Jmarket.

Help would be appreciated.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 18:34   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
2) International shipping companies have API's but what about local services? How to implement them? Heard Indian Post got one but unable to find the API.
If you use something like Kartrocket online stores, they have their service ShipRocket built in. It is integrated with a lot of shipping APIs (eg. FedEx, Aramex, Delhivery, etc) and you get bulk shipping prices too.

If you just want to use ShipRocket (the shipping service) with your own store. There is a bulk-upload (CSV) option.

Link: ShipRocket
NOTE: Some things are advertised as being better than they actually are. Ask me if you're considering it and want more details and I'll expand here.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th August 2014 at 18:35.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 19:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
If you use something like Kartrocket online stores, they have their service ShipRocket built in. It is integrated with a lot of shipping APIs (eg. FedEx, Aramex, Delhivery, etc) and you get bulk shipping prices too.

If you just want to use ShipRocket (the shipping service) with your own store. There is a bulk-upload (CSV) option.

Link: ShipRocket
NOTE: Some things are advertised as being better than they actually are. Ask me if you're considering it and want more details and I'll expand here.

cya
R
Thanks Rehaan. I had gone through shiprocket. I am actually trying to minimize the cost involved. Say suppose I dont go for any third party services, what's the best way to integrate local shipping/courier services? Do I have to manually engage them and join in a tie up kind of thing and pay them monthly or by mutual understanding sort of thing? Also, VAT figures is something I need help. Any suggestions or pointers to that?
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 16:18   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I am actually trying to minimize the cost involved. Say suppose I dont go for any third party services, what's the best way to integrate local shipping/courier services? Do I have to manually engage them and join in a tie up kind of thing and pay them monthly or by mutual understanding sort of thing?
I think that unless you're planning to ship very high volumes, its not worth trying to work out your own integration. Put that energy towards your products, customers and marketing instead.

If you go via someone like shiprocket, you get bulk pricing from the couriers, which is much cheaper than if you went directly to the courier companies.

No clue about the VAT stuff, sorry.

cya
R
Old 20th August 2014, 11:58   #52
BHPian

Does anyone know of a reliable and trustworthy CA / agent who can help in complete registration of a new eCommerce firm to be based in Mumbai. I have met few people regarding the same but felt that they were unsure of all the requisite procedures.

Thanks in advance.
trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 21:23   #53
Team-BHP Support

Zepo is an India-based online store provider.

That aside, they have an excellent blog with some really useful articles on online business in India. Might be worth a look for the visitors of this thread:

http://www.zepo.in/blog

This is the article that actually led me to their blog : A Review of Major Payment Gateways in India

cya
R
Old 22nd August 2014, 16:28   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Zepo is an India-based online store provider.

That aside, they have an excellent blog with some really useful articles on online business in India. Might be worth a look for the visitors of this thread:

http://www.zepo.in/blog

This is the article that actually led me to their blog : A Review of Major Payment Gateways in India

cya
R
Thanks Rehaan. The info was useful.
trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 14:30   #55
Team-BHP Support

Here's another good one, for those considering selling via eBay, Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, etc:
E commerce website - What does one need to know?-screenshot-20140826141401.png

Read more details about the comparison here

cya
R
Old 26th August 2014, 15:42   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's another good one, for those considering selling via eBay, Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, etc:
Attachment 1278802

Read more details about the comparison here

cya
R
Thanks Rehaan, this is great. Actually I am also jumping onto the ecom bandwagon soon, though with a very specialized approach! I will look forward to your insights as always.
Thanks a ton!
Behemoth is online now   Reply With Quote