Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 29th December 2012, 15:41   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad
Well it isnt mine so not sure if it counts but the incident is worth narrating. I was at a TATA dealership in western Delhi which was like bang on the road. It happened about 8 years back I think, when the metro work was still going on and the entire traffic used to be channelised through the narrow side lanes. The sales guy told me to wiat for 5 minutes as they were giving delivery to another gentleman of this brand new white Safari. I watched with happiness as the proud owner took the keys, got a picture taken, sat in and drove off. We all watched as he proudly started to exit the dealership and then suddenly a loud bang, crash and all sorts of noises of tearing metal and hsattered glass. And then silence. I could not believe my eyes. The Safari had its entire bonnet ripped off by a speeding blue line bus. The engine lay on the road and the remaing body lay parallel to the dealership. What do you say to a guy in that situation?
My goodness this is the saddest thing to ever happen to a brand new car buyer! By the way whose mistake was this? What happened later? How sad the owner might have felt, within seconds of taking delivery his car is shattered by the reckless bus.
zwift1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 20:45   #242
BHPian

Default Re: How long you drove your car before it got a scratch/dent

Dass
Hi.Wait there is more.
A few days later I was waiting at a signal and a cab banged from behind.A slight dent.Nothing else.
And after another few months my brother in his new Swift scraped my car while parking
You have to live with such things.Accept that as part and parcel of life.
Regards
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2015, 21:19   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Breaking all records : My 800 got dented on delivery itself!

I dont believe in all that superstitious crap, but that car did seem to be jinxed. Signed papers and Papa opened the drivers door to start it for the first time when T-H-U-M-P - A flower pot from a balcony above falls on the roof. It went straight back in for a paint job.

This particular 800 (Registration no. 6568) had 11 accidents in a 2 year duration from 1991 - 1993.

GTO
Haven't read all the incidents yet (just Page1) but GTO's mishap gave me the hardest laugh by far.

I learned driving (on my own) on my Dad's brand new Santro when I was just 16. Dad didn't knew it since I'd sneak it out every time he'd be sleeping. Had a few dents which were blamed on his negligence very conveniently (and in confusion he agreed too). Had another couple of minor accidents after he learnt about my driving knowledge.

Next was Indigo XL & I drove it extensively and managed not to nick it anytime.

Then came my brand new iGen i20, which I scratched against a rock in the 3rd month. Had a major accident in the 18th month. Just got my rear door nicked a couple of days ago by a accident truck (driver's door loose) on its way to garage (probably even dump yard).

These things happen to all of us & in retrospect these incidents just remind us how madly/crazily we were/are with our cars.
DevendraG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2015, 22:08   #244
BHPian

My dad's Astar had a minor incident on the day of taking delivery. Put it into my portico in style (full speed after taking a curve). Forgot to pull the handbrake, listening to loud music, take off my sunglasses and let go off the clutch and bang! - the car jumps and hits my mum's expensive fancy flower pot real hard, bumper is dented and scratched, my fog lamps shattered.

Out comes my mum and yells at me for breaking her favourite pot and ruining the plant
Out comes dad and yells - "you're getting it repaired from your pocket money and savings - start driving your Apache, no more car for you"
drhoneycake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2015, 11:33   #245
BHPian

Well, here goes my incident.

I took a mighty 20 minutes to get my first dent/scratch. I took the delivery of my Ford Figo and drove really cautiously till when taking a right turn some guy (with a brand new car as well ) zoomed really close and managed to nick mine. I had a minor dent on the left Fender.

I did not want to spoil my mood and left after the guys apologised.
pratyush6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 14:42   #246
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Bumped into this thread and got to read some really intresting posts some funny and some not so funny

So I would like to share my incident, took the delivery of brand new Rapid from Noida and gave the keys to my dad to drive. 2 kms into the drive there was a signal which was yellow and we were in a good speed but managed to stop on time, suddenly a swift coming from behing banged our rear bumper. Got out to check the car and there were 4-5 big scratches. Mood spoiled, called the Skoda showroom and they said they will repair it free of cost. Got it repaired next week.

After that have suffered 2-3 more scratches here and there. Its just a part and parcel of owning a car so have to live with it
anubshar is offline   Reply With Quote