Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

View Poll Results: Was the Apollo moon landing a hoax?
Yes 29 51.79%
No 27 48.21%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd July 2009, 12:39   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
You know what, I think even 26/11 also is a hoax created by Indian govt. There is no outside hand involved in it. It's done by RAW or some other agency like that.
Even Rakesh Sharma going to space was a big hoax just to satiate our Indian ego. He never even had set foot in a space shuttle actually.
All those INSAT pictures we are seeing are also photoshop jobs. How can they be real?
Nuclear tests were also big hoax only. It was conspiracy by America to alienate us.
There are so many more I want to say.

Carry on people, what I came to know about us is that when someone achieves something we are never the first one to congratulate but wait for others to put a stamp on it and then we clap. But this applause normally just to show that we also can appreciate but deep in our mind we are bleeding with jealousy. So next time whenever there is a slightest hint of demeaning that achievement, we just pounce on it, take it to the next level. That's how we are, we can see the same in each and every walk of life.
But end of the day, what remains as truth is that they did it, and they did it long 40 years back and all we can do is to sit and sulk.
by "we" u mean indians right? or all non westerners?
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:43   #62
BHPian

9 SPACE ODDITIES:
  1. Apollo 14 astronaut Allen Shepard played golf on the Moon. In front of a worldwide TV audience, Mission Control teased him about slicing the ball to the right. Yet a slice is caused by uneven air flow over the ball. The Moon has no atmosphere and no air.
  2. A camera panned upwards to catch Apollo 16's Lunar Landerlifting off the Moon. Who did the filming?
  3. One NASA picture from Apollo 11 is looking up at Neil Armstrong about to take his giant step for mankind. The photographer must have been lying on the planet surface. If Armstrong was the first man on the Moon, then who took the shot?
  4. The pressure inside a space suit was greater than inside a football. The astronauts should have been puffed out like the Michelin Man, but were seen freely bending their joints.
  5. The Moon landings took place during the Cold War. Why didn't America make a signal on the moon that could be seen from earth? The PR would have been phenomenal and it could have been easily done with magnesium flares.
  6. Text from pictures in the article said that only two men walked on the Moon during the Apollo 12 mission. Yet the astronaut reflected in the visor has no camera. Who took the shot?
  7. The flags shadow goes behind the rock so doesn't match the dark line in the foreground, which looks like a line cord. So the shadow to the lower right of the spaceman must be the flag. Where is his shadow? And why is the flag fluttering if there is no air or wind on the moon?
  8. How can the flag be brightly lit when its side is to the light? And where, in all of these shots, are the stars?
  9. The Lander weighed 17 tons yet the astronauts feet seem to have made a bigger dent in the dust. The powerful booster rocket at the base of the Lunar Lander was fired to slow descent to the moons service. Yet it has left no traces of blasting on the dust underneath. It should have created a small crater, yet the booster looks like it's never been fired.
Its a fake guys
jp2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:46   #63
BANNED

If 9/11 is indeed staged then it must been done by the security industry, to boost their sales - just see the amount spent by companies on security these days. It is the only industry thats doing super normal profit in these times of recession. Maybe Taliban is secret wing of these security agencies.

Coming back to the thread, like they say 'you can't fool all the people all the time', moon landing is not hoax. Nobody has attempted again because of huge costs and little or no benefit. When a robot can do the job why send humans? Also, what is that interesting on moon that requires humans?

Last edited by diabloo : 22nd July 2009 at 12:48.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:51   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
by "we" u mean indians right? or all non westerners?
I'm a Indian so I can talk about us only. I won't make comments about others without knowing them properly. But probably every other human being have that tendency, some has more and some less and I'm not saying who has it more. BTW, I was replying to Prince_Parvez's post about 9/11 and moon landing.

And "jp2u" how many times are you going to post your hoax theories again and again like a broken record? They are all mentioned in the first few posts itself and the debate has moved on already. So give us a break and instead of copy pasting please write something on your own. Thank you.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 22nd July 2009 at 12:54.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:54   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Carry on people, what I came to know about us is that when someone achieves something we are never the first one to congratulate but wait for others to put a stamp on it and then we clap. But this applause normally just to show that we also can appreciate but deep in our mind we are bleeding with jealousy. So next time whenever there is a slightest hint of demeaning that achievement, we just pounce on it, take it to the next level. That's how we are, we can see the same in each and every walk of life.
But end of the day, what remains as truth is that they did it, and they did it long 40 years back and all we can do is to sit and sulk.
Yes! Move on jealous people who wanted to reach the moon earlier than Niel, get going. Its 40 years later that we commoners came to know that photos can be fudged , now using, everyday tools like PS.
And India has reached Venus and the first one to it! Now where is that photoshop canvas. Damn the trial version is done for. Sulk!

Got to hand it over to the Russains though. Very elegantly handled. Instead they did something better.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:54   #66
BHPian

Quote:
I'm a Indian so I can talk about us only. I won't make comments about others without knowing them properly. But probably every other human being have that tendency, some has more and some less and I'm not saying who has it more. BTW, I was replying to Prince_Parvez's post about 9/11 and moon landing.
oh ok, i just wanted the clarification. just again, as an aside, everyone take a look at this and everything has been debunked: Wikipedia
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:58   #67
BHPian

Quote:
And "jp2u" how many times are you going to post your hoax theories again and again like a broken record? They are all mentioned in the first few posts itself and the debate has moved on already. So give us a break and instead of copy pasting please write something on your own. Thank you.
Hey dude thanks for letting me know, i was just shifting gears in this thread, so here's something on my own

It was Faked Big Time

Thank you bro
jp2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:00   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
Hey dude thanks for letting me know, i was just shifting gears in this thread, so here's something on my own

It was Faked Big Time

Thank you bro
Oh boy! Aren't we having fun! See you all post lunch. And have a peaceful one.
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:13   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Yes! Move on jealous people who wanted to reach the moon earlier than Niel, get going. Its 40 years later that we commoners came to know that photos can be fudged , now using, everyday tools like PS.
And India has reached Venus and the first one to it! Now where is that photoshop canvas. Damn the trial version is done for. Sulk!

Got to hand it over to the Russains though. Very elegantly handled. Instead they did something better.
Seem like I got hold of someone's goat ;-). I really don't think that there is any more point of discussing it any further. You believe what you believe and I've mine. Carry on with your America bashing. They still did it 40 years back however hoarse you guys may cry, they did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
oh ok, i just wanted the clarification. just again, as an aside, everyone take a look at this and everything has been debunked: Wikipedia
Forget it, non-believers will never believe. Don't you know that they even thought earth is flat and center of the universe and was punishing anyone who used to refute them.

Quote:

It was Faked Big Time

Thank you bro
Welcome bro, to the world of cynicism.
I don't see anymore point of any discussion. You guys got your supporters and now spread the word and convert everyone to a cynic.
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:24   #70
Senior - BHPian

@CaliAtenza: You're have written 'my country' many times... are you a real American, as in 'your parents and grandparents were born in America'? Just asking out of curiosity. Sorry to be offtopic.

Last edited by clevermax : 22nd July 2009 at 13:28.
clevermax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:29   #71
BHPian

Smile Holy faked landings Batman !

Quote:
9 SPACE ODDITIES:
I don't think these are the only oddities around here !

Quote:
A camera panned upwards to catch Apollo 16's Lunar Lander lifting off the Moon. Who did the filming?
The lander ascent was captured on a ground commanded television camera on the lunar Rover.

Quote:
One NASA picture from Apollo 11 is looking up at Neil Armstrong about to take his giant step for mankind. The photographer must have been lying on the planet surface. If Armstrong was the first man on the Moon, then who took the shot?
You do not always need a photographer behind a camera, Armstrong's descent was captured by a television camera on the side of the lunar lander.

Quote:
The pressure inside a space suit was greater than inside a football. The astronauts should have been puffed out like the Michelin Man, but were seen freely bending their joints.
Space suits are built to allow such freedom, or are all EVAs hoaxes too ? Near-Earth space is just as empty as the one on the moon.

Quote:
The Moon landings took place during the Cold War. Why didn't America make a signal on the moon that could be seen from earth? The PR would have been phenomenal and it could have been easily done with magnesium flares.
This thing had me in splits ! The moon is ~380,000 Kms away (which is actually quite a long way away), can you guess the weight of all the Magnesium flares you'd need to be able to see them from the Earth ?

Quote:
The Lander weighed 17 tons yet the astronauts feet seem to have made a bigger dent in the dust.
The lander actually weighs around 15 tons & the weight on the moon is only a sixth of what it is on the Earth, the four pads on the lander's legs are to distribute the weight of the lander on the lunar surface. How is this any different than a 4x4 on sandy soil here ?

I suggest the conspiracy theorists to read up on the Apollo program & the machines that were designed & built to make it a reality before spouting off the so-called "proof" available online. Anyway, I guess I better leave this thread before my IQ drops any further !

Last edited by im_srini : 22nd July 2009 at 13:32.
im_srini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:37   #72
gpa
Senior - BHPian

A debate that has raged on and on for the past 4 decades. Conspiracy theorists have had a field day on this.

I for one have heard both sides of the story, but somehow feel all the pieces don't add up to conclusively prove that the American did in fact land on the moon.
gpa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:49   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seem like I got hold of someone's goat ;-). I really don't think that there is any more point of discussing it any further. You believe what you believe and I've mine. Carry on with your America bashing. They still did it 40 years back however hoarse you guys may cry, they did it.
Attaboy @kaushik_s now the dust is settling in. And you be the first one on that shuttle to Venus from India so that we have something to cheer about too.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:14   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
@CaliAtenza: You're have written 'my country' many times... are you a real American, as in 'your parents and grandparents were born in America'? Just asking out of curiosity. Sorry to be offtopic.
Real as so much in i was born in America, but my parents and grandparents are from india. So yes, even though i am of indian heritage, i consider myself as more of an american. So yes America is "my" country, but on the other hand, India is as well.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:54   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Attaboy @kaushik_s now the dust is settling in. And you be the first one on that shuttle to Venus from India so that we have something to cheer about too.
Edited:
Urgh, I think I would reply, probably we can send you and your cohorts on that space mission. It'll obtain two objectives, first you guys will start believing that it's possible and second we'll get rid of you guys. ;-);-). Good riddance. Bye bye and cook up some more stories from up there.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 22nd July 2009 at 15:02.