Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 30th July 2009, 19:01   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Lets look at this incident from another perspective : Did Abdul Kalam want us to take away something from this incident?

Dr. Kalam, as an ex-premier citizen & leader of India, has taught us an incredibly essential lesson of life = that of Humility.
No offence to the man, but he is a good technocrat, not a good bureaucrat or politician. He is known to refer to the ministers and others in the ministry as "sir" even when he was the president, like he used to when he was working as a scientist.

He is a good man no doubt.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 19:47   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... not a good bureaucrat or politician
I think that is one of the reasons that people loved him as president!

But, technocrat, bureaucrat, politician or whatver, it is possible to be with or without integrity and human qualities. Kalam obviously (but, as GTO commented, with humility) has all those things, and stands head-and-shoulders over many of the world's public figures, not just India's.

I guess we're getting political here...

But yes, I am a fan!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 20:12   #123
BHPian

It is indeed a tricky situation. May be when Clinton or Bush(es lol) visit India, we could give them a taster of their own security policy at the airport.

Also, if some one had breached Kalam's security at home and placed something in his shoe sole or something like that ( should stop watching movies I sup lol )and there was no check/frisking at the airport...calamity !
vdiatech is offline   Reply With Quote