Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2016, 15:30   #166
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 4,292 Times
Default Re: Property Tax discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I successfully paid BBMP property tax for the year 2016-17
Sir - Is there any confusion when paying online..regarding the amount to be paid due to changes in the property zoning (pay for the next higher zone, etc as I read recently in the newspapers ?) ?
Please share your experience.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 17:07   #167
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ............
Posts: 3,261
Thanked: 4,208 Times
Default Re: Property Tax discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Sir - Is there any confusion when paying online..regarding the amount to be paid due to changes in the property zoning (pay for the next higher zone, etc as I read recently in the newspapers ?) ?
One has to do the following 2 things manually as the online system does not do on its own:

1. Select the new zone in which the property is located from the new ward-wise table.

2. Cap the zone restricted to the next higher zone, if the jump is more than one: for example, my house was in E zone as per SAS 2008; the new zone is B. So, it has to be capped at D for tax computation purposes. If the property jumps down, then the status quo is to be maintained. Deliberately I tested it without capping and tried to go to the next step. But, I got a message prompting me to cap it to the next higher zone! Only after doing that, it goes to the next step.

All other details are taken from the previous return submitted by me. Similarly, the 5% rebate for paying full tax before the last date is also given by the system. After giving the declaration, when I went to the payment page, I received sms intimating my application is generated successfully for payment. The payment process also went through smoothly. After payment, BBMP acknowledgement page was seen, sms received from BBMP, but I could not get the tax receipt in pdf. When I tried to start again by typing the property ID, I got a message saying that the property tax for 2016-17 is already paid for the property! So, I saved the application and the screen-shots for reference.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 19:57   #168
Oxy
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 157
Thanked: 147 Times
Default Re: Property Tax discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
One has to do the following 2 things manually as the online system does not do on its own:

1. Select the new zone in which the property is located from the new ward-wise table.

2. Cap the zone restricted to the next higher zone, if the jump is more than one: for example, my house was in E zone as per SAS 2008; the new zone is B. So, it has to be capped at D for tax computation purposes. If the property jumps down, then the status quo is to be maintained. Deliberately I tested it without capping and tried to go to the next step. But, I got a message prompting me to cap it to the next higher zone! Only after doing that, it goes to the next step.

All other details are taken from the previous return submitted by me. Similarly, the 5% rebate for paying full tax before the last date is also given by the system. After giving the declaration, when I went to the payment page, I received sms intimating my application is generated successfully for payment. The payment process also went through smoothly. After payment, BBMP acknowledgement page was seen, sms received from BBMP, but I could not get the tax receipt in pdf. When I tried to start again by typing the property ID, I got a message saying that the property tax for 2016-17 is already paid for the property! So, I saved the application and the screen-shots for reference.
Did you pay a higher amount of tax compared to what you paid last year? On the portal, after I enter all the details, the tax calculated is some 20% lower than what I paid last year.

Should I just go ahead and pay it nevertheless?
Oxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 22:43   #169
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: bangalore
Posts: 163
Thanked: 82 Times
Default Re: Property Tax discussion

I doubt it would be less ,check the details you have entered .The total is property tax + 24% cess + swm and for non residential its 25% cess.
For me its around 100 percent tax hike, from going from D to C.Which is day light robbery.

Last edited by aim120 : 18th April 2016 at 22:49.
aim120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 00:24   #170
AWD
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Drivers seat
Posts: 804
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: Property Tax discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Has anyone in Delhi paid property tax online this year tried doing that today but the website is down
Yup Ive also been trying since 1st Apr, the site is down. Will enquire tomorrow. Btw till when do they give the 15% rebate ?
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 01:00   #171
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore,Coorg
Posts: 788
Thanked: 359 Times
Default Re: Property Tax discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Done and dusted with this over the weekend.

I tried doing it online, but glad it threw and error because I have been hearing a lot of confusions and wrong information regarding the new tax amount and property size and so forth.

Had to stand for a while in the que to get the new tax amount challan after which I went straight to Canara bank and deposited the amount via cheque.

Any idea if we need to go back to bank to collect the receipt or will it be posted to us?
You would need to go back to the bank to collect the receipt. I paid the amount on Friday and they asked me to go back today to collect the receipt, so I did that. I am surprised the bank people didn't ask you to return a day or two later to collect the receipt.
pganapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 07:22   #172
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ............
Posts: 3,261
Thanked: 4,208 Times
Default Re: Property Tax discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Did you pay a higher amount of tax compared to what you paid last year?
Yes, I paid 5% higher than the last year's.
Quote:
Should I just go ahead and pay it nevertheless?
If you are in doubt, visit the nearest BBMP help centre, get a challan prepared and pay it in any one of the designated Canara Bank branches.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 19th April 2016 at 07:24.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 09:43   #173
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 501
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: Property Tax discussion

What would be the penalty and the interest for arrear taxes ? Is there any formula to calculate it ?
girimajiananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 10:05   #174
BHPian
 
the_joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Property Tax discussion

I paid BBMP tax online, but messed up the Zone (Should have changed zone to D instead of keeping it at E). I read the FAQ, they mentioned that I should file the return as revised. Can anyone guide me how to do this?
the_joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 10:13   #175
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 442
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Property Tax discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
What would be the penalty and the interest for arrear taxes ? Is there any formula to calculate it ?
  • You won't be able to pay current year's property tax unless you pay off all previous years. Better to go to your local BBMP office and pay off previous years' minuscule property tax and be free of worries. Not sure if you can do this from Bangalore One centers now that we are on a new SAS scheme.
  • Until a few months ago, you could have paid off arrears for the last decade or so online. Interest and penalty were calculated automatically.
  • I remember penalty being only a few hundred rupees (maybe Rs. 300 or so).
  • Interest is 2% simple interest per month. This quickly adds up and you may have to shell out a lot depending upon how many years you are in arrears.
  • BBMP employees are usually non-judgmental about arrears. In my case, they didn't give me a hard time but that was many years ago.
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 10:19   #176
tud
BHPian
 
tud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 74
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Property Tax discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I successfully paid BBMP property tax for the year 2016-17, using my Axis Bank debit card. I received sms acknowledgement from BBMP and their payment status shows full payment paid and receipt generated. But, I am not able to get the tax receipt in pdf as the pop-up message says that the details are not available. So, I took screen-shots of my application, payment status and sms and saved them in my laptop.
Hi Ravi, I'm from Chennai and I'm trying to pay prop tax for my apartment in B'lore. Last year's payment process was very simple. Log in with SAS. Choose ward number and pay off. This year with the inclusion of Zone, I'm stuck. I have limited knowledge on this. Would you know where I can find my zone details (past and present after upgaration/degradation)? Also the FAQ page says question 5a(i) and 5b(i) will be auto-filled by the system. Thats not happening in my case (refer screen shot). Any idea on this?



Thanks, Dinesh
Attached Thumbnails
Property Tax discussion-bbmp.png  


Last edited by tud : 19th April 2016 at 10:22.
tud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 11:40   #177
Team-BHP Support
 
Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 7,268
Thanked: 4,424 Times
Default Re: Property Tax discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Yup Ive also been trying since 1st Apr, the site is down. Will enquire tomorrow. Btw till when do they give the 15% rebate ?
The rebate is till May end I think, but I do not wait that long. The site gets erratic again near the deadline.

Where will you enquire ?
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 12:58   #178
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ............
Posts: 3,261
Thanked: 4,208 Times
Default Re: Property Tax discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
Would you know where I can find my zone details (past and present after upgaration/degradation)
The new ward-wise zonal classification is available here:

http://bbmp.gov.in/en/2016-17-final-...x-notification

The old zonal classification could be found in your first return or from here:

http://bbmp.gov.in/zonal-classification-residential

Quote:
Also the FAQ page says question 5a(i) and 5b(i) will be auto-filled by the system. Thats not happening in my case (refer screen shot). Any idea on this?
I filled the old and new zonal classification manually after studying the tables/my old returns.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 13:29   #179
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 289
Thanked: 94 Times
Default Re: Property Tax discussion

In my case, I am able to retrieve the PID details, but the property tax show 0.00. The built up area in the second page shows up as zero. it doesnt allow me to modify either giving the message " Unable Modify the data. Active transaction/challan found for your application".

Anyone else encountered a similar issue?
m8002? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 13:53   #180
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 60
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Property Tax discussion

hi m8002

I get the same message when i try to submit, I called BBMP helpline, the lady just repeated, sir please try after 22nd April , we are changing systems, and some old ones are not accepted.

So we have no other option but to try after 22nd.
DoNotHorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tax on Tax? Road tax should be calculated on ex-factory price (not ex-showroom)! SILVERWOOD The Indian Car Scene 88 30th July 2017 12:39
VAT and service tax on property/flat neoonwheels Shifting gears 11 8th November 2012 10:47
Property tax question straight6 Shifting gears 10 24th May 2009 06:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks