Team-BHP - Trees For Free
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Trees For Free (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/62583-trees-free.html)

Hello all,

I got this in my email today. Do take a minute to read it, and if you can, help out.

Quote:

Hi,
I wanted to bring this to ur notice and thought you will be able to help by spreading the word around. I am sure u have heard about Trees for Free organisation( Tree – have a look at their website).

Now here is the problem;
Over the last 4 years, Janet and her volunteers at treesforfree have planted 12,896 trees across Bangalore City to restore the vanishing tree cover. All in an old Maruti car. Now the car has broken down. And the planting has stopped. But the tree felling continues...and with it, global warming, failed monsoons, climate change...and a host of other problems that affect all of us.

The solution:
If we can raise enough donations to buy a new vehicle, they will be back on the road again, planting trees, cooling the globe and healing the earth. The vehicle ideally suited for their operations is a Mahindra pickup. It costs 4 lacs. If 4000 of us gave just 100 rupees each, then planting can start again.

Janet -rajanetyeg@gmail.com
Tel: +91 9845449703

Blog> Tree lovers of the world unite!
Website> Index of /

We desperately need many more treeforfree.org’s – the rate at which we are degrading our city, ripping it off its green cover without conscience is disturbing. I hope u will be able to help in ur own small ways.

log into their website (Index of /) if u feel like contributing - even a Rs 100 will make a difference.
I hope some of us feel this is worth contributing to.

Cheers

Their website isn't working. Would they accept PayPal?

Yeah, the website isn't working. Any other option to donate, please publish the details. Prefer online transfer method.

since we are a bunch of petrolheads, I wonder if folks can offer help in kind , rather than cash :D

Corrected link

Tree

Note form mod : Thanks. Link corrected in original post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1406380)
since we are a bunch of petrolheads, I wonder if folks can offer help in kind , rather than cash :D

Fine, I will fill up 2 litres less fuel today. Amounts to the same thing, yeah? :D

But is a very serious issue. If you all have noticed the amount of change in climate is drastic.
I have lived in Bangalore all my life and the change in weather is really mind-numbing. I hope to God that all human being understand the importance of growing trees and NOT cutting them.

I wish their site carried more info as to where they have planted/plan to plant trees and the progress so far.

Hey all BHPian, I was thinking in the same line from a long time. If we take some initiative to plant some tree in our respective city/town. We are contributing enough CO why not some O2 too.
Hope bangolrean are witnessing the environment. The pleasant weather is almost gone. Almost no rain this year :(

What do u think u guys ? It will also be another T-Bhp meat...

Quote:

Originally Posted by arin_12 (Post 1407979)
Hey all BHPian, I was thinking in the same line from a long time. If we take some initiative to plant some tree in our respective city/town. We are contributing enough CO why not some O2 too.
Hope bangolrean are witnessing the environment. The pleasant weather is almost gone. Almost no rain this year :(

What do u think u guys ? It will also be another T-Bhp meat...

I am game. Maybe we can also involve Janet of 'treesforfree'.

Sorry for the link goof-up, I just copy-pasted from the email. Thanks for the fix, Rehaan.

I'm just giving some cash to a friend who's writing out a larger cheque, guys. I don't think it takes much to post a cheque, or you could even call them and ask if they accept online transfers.

Thanks for the response. :)