Old 6th August 2009, 17:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Expert comments on the Sandero

Old 6th August 2009, 17:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Better one

Old 6th August 2009, 17:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Guys, why are some of you so obsessed with what one Jeremy has to say about this car?

I remember shows of this big fat bloke ridiculing Indica and Reva. If these cars were so bad, we wouldn't have seen many on roads.

Dikhave par mat jao, apni akal lagao!

Last edited by DCEite : 6th August 2009 at 17:53.
Old 6th August 2009, 17:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yeah exactly! I wonder what pulls audiences, the twisted humour or the cars to be reviewed/compared.
Old 6th August 2009, 18:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Guys, why are some of you so obsessed with what one Jeremy has to say about this car?

I remember shows of this big fat bloke ridiculing Indica and Reva. If these cars were so bad, we wouldn't have seen many on roads.

Well, the choices we have do deserve the ridicule. The Logan, the build quality of the swift, a 10 year old design such as the accent, the mahindra jeeps etc.

The market will mock a 3rd world product in a first world country.

Again, the laugh riot offered of late on Top Gear is by far the best, they have appeal to all age groups and to both males and females with their show format.

Last edited by mmmjgm : 6th August 2009 at 18:15.
Old 6th August 2009, 18:08   #21
BHPian

Well to be honest, they have said nothing in particular about this car, neither good nor bad.

I dont want to make this a topgear discussion thread but hey, its an entertainment show, bad reviews of indian cars do hurt a bit, one should learn to laugh it off though.
Just my two cents
Old 6th August 2009, 18:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Cmon guys, Top Gear is primarily an entertainment programme based around cars, whats wrong with that. I dont think anbody depends on the Top Gear TV programme for their car buying advice. They make fun of certain cars just like a comedian makes fun of celebrities, peoples stereotypes etc...Its just there to have a laugh and enjoy a Sunday evening before the drub of Monday takes over. One also cannot complain about supercars going sideways or the various competitions all of which are accompanied by some of the finest camera work on TV. Again no one is forcing anyone to watch this, one can always switch over to Rakhi Sawant , but compared to all the other crap on TV nowadays i'll rather watch these three anyday.

By the way before anyone else points out, you guys are all
Shame on u all!!!!
Old 6th August 2009, 18:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

c'mon... have we lost our sense of humour.... he mocks everyone around including the british PM. Laugh it off and chillax
Old 6th August 2009, 19:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi, long time leecher, first time poster

Anyways, just a teeny weeny bit of information from my side. Here in Bulgaria, the Sandero comes with a 1.6L MPI engine delivering 90HP. The interiors are not so inspiring as compared to the likes of i20, Jazz. The boot space is sufficient and large enough for a hatchback. Also, three adults can sit comfortably behind shoulder wise, no idea about the leg room though. ABS with EBD is standard.
Old 6th August 2009, 20:36   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Hey quickdraw, which season was this? I probably missed this one.
Season 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
I used to watch top gear when it used to be a car show. Now they just make fun of cars which they personally don't like. The Sandero is a good car.
I don't intend watching Top Gear for the jokes. There are programmes like "Rakhi Ka Swayamvar" for that.
Did you just compare TopGear to Rakhi ka swayamvar? Dude you will get a lot of flames for that. Almost everyone who is a petrolhead loves TG. And trust me the program isnt about car reviews you have inumerable mag's and youtube or *sighs* fifth gear for that.

You know I was actually wondering even if Dasia or Renault would have combined and spend millions of dollars for promoting their car, it wouldnt have done the same effect. Infact the poor sods who seem to be sympathitic to the Sandaro should be happy.
Old 7th August 2009, 01:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Err both those "cars" deserve all the ridicule to be honest and I completely agree with James' review of the City Rover. He only called a spade a spade.
Old 7th August 2009, 10:44   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Did you just compare TopGear to Rakhi ka swayamvar? Dude you will get a lot of flames for that. Almost everyone who is a petrolhead loves TG. And trust me the program isnt about car reviews you have inumerable mag's and youtube or *sighs* fifth gear for that.
They are both comedy shows right. I don't enjoy Rakhi Ka Swayamvar but compared to TG it's better. TG is total nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Well, the choices we have do deserve the ridicule. The Logan, the build quality of the swift, a 10 year old design such as the accent, the mahindra jeeps etc.
The market will mock a 3rd world product in a first world country.
These guys used to once (when TG was a car show) mock Skoda. See where Skoda is today. And where's Rover? You don't have to fill petrol to double the value of the car. Just fill water.

Last edited by Live To Jive : 7th August 2009 at 10:53.
Old 7th August 2009, 12:03   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
They are both comedy shows right. I don't enjoy Rakhi Ka Swayamvar but compared to TG it's better. TG is total nonsense.

These guys used to once (when TG was a car show) mock Skoda. See where Skoda is today. And where's Rover? You don't have to fill petrol to double the value of the car. Just fill water.
Its obvious you dont like the show, but its the largest and most watched show in the world. You cant argue with that. So lets not get into a fight over a difference of opinion.

Yes where is Skoda really?
Old 7th August 2009, 17:26   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Its obvious you dont like the show, but its the largest and most watched show in the world. You cant argue with that. So lets not get into a fight over a difference of opinion.
I like car shows and yes I don't like TG now. How large it is or how many watch it, I don't care. I'm not arguing or fighting.

Quote:
Yes where is Skoda really?
Actually the word Skoda has been banished from joke books and has been replaced by Rover.
Old 7th August 2009, 19:49   #30
BHPian

Actually, Skoda in India is still a joke to many.
Closed Thread