Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 4th July 2005, 18:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Why should they charge Rs.5,000 to prepare an etimate?
Thanks for the feedback. Iam not going to pay those guys for this estimate and going to pull their senior guys to discuss.

Quote for Rs.3 L is way high ( even for a person like me who does not have any knowledge in automotive). Just a simple calculation on the acutal cost and relating to the physical condition of the vehicle clearly indicates this.

The estimate was generated by workshop. Iam not sure whether the TATA agent has approved it. May be If I choose the get the vehicle reparied will come to know about the stand of TATA AIG on the estimate.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2005, 19:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Atlast I sold the TATA INDIGO to a salvage vendor for 2.45 lakhs, got the DD and sent it to Bank. The original insurance was submitted to the Insurance company and Cheque for Rs.1.5 Lakhs will be handed over in a day or two. Hence the total sale value was 3.95 Lakhs. Iam happy with what I have got.

Earlier the workshop raised a bill for Rs.11,000/- for estimate charges and keeping the car in their yard for a month. We negotiated and finalized for Rs.5K after involving many top guys of the workshop into this.

Once everything was finalized with the salvage vendor, I asked him how much he would spend on the car to get it back to the shape. He replied that max of Rs.85K and he would sell the car at 3.8 - 3.90 Lakhs at a profit of 50-60k in a months time. Just I could say a big sorry for the buyer (I don't have any options)
Old 20th July 2005, 01:01   #18
BHPian

This is all very confusing ...
Its the first time i am hearing that you get money from the Salvage guy ...

I have had 2 total loss vehicles ... The surveyor writes if off in his report and the Insurance company pays all the money to you after reducing depreciation from the insured amount.. You just go and drop the vehicle in the insurance companies Salvage yard ...

Infact I had a 6 month old car totaled ... We just filed the report and got the complete insurance amount from the company less half yearly depreciation ... This was the case with New India Assurance..
EVO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2005, 11:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

Not sure about New India Assurance, this insurance was with TATA AIG.

Anyone can throw some light on this confusion
Old 20th July 2005, 11:59   #20
Team-BHP Support

The insurance company is trying to save money. the vehicle is a total loss and by law they required to give the money after depreciation. changing the shell/engine etc., is dangerous. I suppose chasis no will change, right. So you tell the insurance guy to write off as total loss and pay you the money.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote