Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 19th August 2009, 18:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

I am putting my small comments next to a couple of your queries which I can answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
I have a few questions to my fellow BHPians :
1) The lines on the cars appears pretty deep, however car care guy is assuring that the lines will almost be invisible. Is it ok to go for polishing and rubbing on the car rather than painting? YES, it is better to go for a good rub and polish job. Once a car is re-painted its re-sale value typically drops -regardless of how genuine the reason may be. You will see that the lines will actually become far less visible after rubbing and polishing.
4) Is it advisable to go for a car cover considering the sand granules and dust that will be accumulated on the car before putting on the cover? What are the different qualities that is available and how much do they cost? Where can i find good quality car cover here in bangalore? YES it is certainly advisable to go for a car cover. And if you are careful while putting it on and taking it off, then you wont have a problem. Once you pull it off, you can fold it neatly and place it in the boot area where it will not gather dust or sand particles to such a great extent. Different qualities of covers are indeed available at most car accessories shops -specific ones for specific cars too. Better to keep a budget of about 1500 Rs for a good one. I use one of these for my wife's car and it serves pretty well.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 18:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you post pictures here, so that we can also see how deep the marks are ?
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 10:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

I Remeber similar thing happening to my Esteem in Delhi after which I got a central locking with touch sensor on my car, i also started covering it, with a car cover. One day finally my car started beeping and when we came out to check it was a neighbourhood kid trying to run away from the car. I gave him the benifit of doubt, did not speak a word to him or his parents. But misteriously there were sctrachs on my car after that. Hope this will help. Intend is not to catch or punish kids, kids will do such things always, just let them guess getting caught can have serious consequences. I remember once during my child hood i tried standing on one of my uncle's scooter kicker, and the scooter started. There was no one arround and i didnt know how to turn it off. i hid in the nearby bushes and was watching. Finally when uncle was leaving he looked arround to find out who did it and left. I have never gone near his scooter again.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 10:16   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrishiz View Post
I do not know about other cities. Road side parking is generally an invitation to the so addressed "Graffiti Artists".

I had a similar experience with my Wagon-R at Bansankari 2nd stage/Bangalore.
That too my car was tattooed with a stone on the bonnet and as a surprise package I was offered removal of the "S" sign on the boot door!

All this within a month of purchasing the car.
Man! God help us.
Sorry to hear about your incident too.

By the way, my car was not scratched when it was parked on the road outside my house. Someone did it when it was parked in a nearby Housing Complex (where my friend lives).

It was not parked in someone else's designated parking spot and it was not causing inconvenience to anyone. There were lots of other cars also parked there.

I guess my car was targeted just because it was the most beautiful one.

My car's colour is Electric Red (non-metallic). Is it possible to do some touch-up and/or rubbing on non-metallic paints also ? I am not in the mood to get the whole hatch door repainted.

Rohan,
Bangalore
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 10:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

ahhh how i miss a nice/secure "garage" for my car, am sure many here do too!

I park on road, and i try to give a peep at the car whenever i can and this has become part of my daily routine. even then found some scratches which looked as if its deliberately done...
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2009, 15:41   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
Wow, the association in your building seems to be quite a receptive one. That such strong measures got approved seems to be a great achievement. Cannot imagine such a thing being possible in my Society, where we have "Gandhis" living, who say - chalta hai, bacche hain naaa !! Or else few always would support the watchmen because they act as their door mats !!
@ emkay : I am happy that the association has taken or was forced to take such measures. You can also be very adamant on such things so that they get approved. Even in my building there are quite a few who have the same 'chalta hai' attitude and do not complain of anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
The same thing happened to me last week.

Some moron had scribbled his name on the hatch door using a pointed object. The worst part is that it is almost impossible to find out who did it.
@rohan : I am sure there are a lot of people who have undergone this mental agony of seeing their posessions acting as a canvas to some moron artists. We take so much of precautions while driving just to avoid scratches and finally these morons do this to our cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrishiz View Post
I do not know about other cities. Road side parking is generally an invitation to the so addressed "Graffiti Artists".
All this within a month of purchasing the car.
Man! God help us.
@Hrishiz : Its the same in all cities big or small. Such morons are everywhere. Its a real sad thing to happen to we car owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I am putting my small comments next to a couple of your queries which I can answer:
@shankar.balan : Thank you for the suggestions. I have decided to go in for polishing which will be done in a couple of days and also will be buying a cover to protect my car from these morons. Hope it does protect my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Why dont you post pictures here, so that we can also see how deep the marks are ?
@simply_sunny : I will post the pics soon. Before and after polishing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I Remeber similar thing happening to my Esteem in Delhi after which I got a central locking with touch sensor on my car, i also started covering it, with a car cover.
@pramod : Even i was thinking of installing this impact sensor but i have seen these sensors acting crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
My car's colour is Electric Red (non-metallic). Is it possible to do some touch-up and/or rubbing on non-metallic paints also ? I am not in the mood to get the whole hatch door repainted.
@rohan : It is normally difficult to have the scratches removed as it is a non metallic paint. I think its better to have a check on this at a place where they do car polishing. They will give you a better picture on what can be done best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
ahhh how i miss a nice/secure "garage" for my car, am sure many here do too!
@lohithrao : very true. I really miss a safe / secure garage for my car.
fast_elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 15:12   #37
BHPian

Here are the pictures of my car & bike scratched. Not good for viewing though. My heart aches everytime i see them.
Attached Images

Old 26th August 2009, 20:45   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

To me, it seems like its not a random act by kids but by someone who knows you are has something against you.

Obviously he knows that you are the person that owns the 2 vehicles and nobody else's vehicles were stratched.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 21:00   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
To me, it seems like its not a random act by kids but by someone who knows you are has something against you.

Obviously he knows that you are the person that owns the 2 vehicles and nobody else's vehicles were stratched.
It happened that during the meeting, the other flat owner's also complained that they had seen scratches on their cars but they ignored it and never bothered to complain . I know that those people dont love their cars from the way they maintain it but i was not the one who would be quiet for such deliberate act of vandalism. Now I am happy that they have taken some strict measures to stop such nuiances. Thanks to my Dad who complained and made it a big issue .