Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 30th August 2009, 17:00   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
@Happywheels, i have a different opinion here. Its better not to give any resistance in case the thieves are after money / good only. We can always earn what was lost, except life.
Not all thief's go to that extent (murder) & not everyone prefers to keep mum when the thief's try their hands.

If everyone prefers to keep mum and let their (hard earned) money go to thief without any resistance, this is gonna encourage more people, who prefers easy earnings irrespective of the way its earned, take up this job.

If our side is with reasonable strength, its better to take it up with minimized risk.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 17:10   #77
BHPian

^scary stuff, especially the incident that happened to your family. I live alone here in town in a big 3 bedroom appt. It is scary sometimes at night, but being a student im a night owl usually...so at least one or two lights are on. I dont know how crime infested North Bangalore is but my mom (whenever she comes to stay here with me) has told me of some solicitors trying to gain entry to the house...but that was like one year back. I'll def keep my guard up from now on. I have a big, heavy wooden front door with a heavy-duty locking system, so im somewhat protected i guess . Luckily i havent noticed or heard about any incidents in this area.
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 18:47   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post

THE GUYS HYPNOTIZED HER! I don't know how but she later realized that she gave them her bangles.
Proof: She told me and my mom.
That very interesting as some people did that to an NRI couple we know. They had been in their village for a week or so when a couple of blokes turned up claiming they needed help as their horses had been stolen. Don't know what they did but the next minute the NRI gave them 1lakh RS and they left. The guy then felt really weird and tired.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 18:49   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Godspeed bro!

Dogs these days are being poisoned, it does not take much of a brain to devise that plan.

Few weeks back in the paper I read that the house of a high court judge or similar had been burgled THRICE. Even after they installed window grills etc. I cant remember whether he had already been given extra protection but surely he has been asking for it.

This was in Shantinagar btw.
Dogs can be trained to only accept food from certain people. I know this as police dogs in the UK are trained to do this to stop criminals leaving them laced meat etc.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 22:40   #80
BHPian

Default was your car missing ?

Was your car missing that night ? Looks like they thought everyone is out and only some servant etc might be at home nad tried to rob ? I know of another incident this year, where the car was gone for weekend outing and the house was burgled that night. Must have kept very close watch.
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2009, 23:07   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

All 3 cars were parked at home.
Nikhilb2008 is online now   Reply With Quote